Author Topic: man FUCK THE SOURCE!!!!!  (Read 835 times)

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: man FUCK THE SOURCE!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2002, 02:48:05 PM »
Well what do ya expect from the source magazine? this really didn't suprise me at all...those fags are always on east coast rapper's dicks...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
;)Re: man FUCK THE SOURCE!!!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2002, 02:50:12 PM »

Yo.....for real who gives a fuck what a jacket wearing..backpacking subway riding muthaphucc'a say's..
it's all love..

Who care's who the fuck is named #1..
it's all bullshitt..

Just buy the music & bump it..

And to those who say Biggie's words are better than Pac...lol
it's funny to hear shitt like that....
I Luv Big.....and I luv Pac....
But who cares really...
Let "Benzino"...UGhh!! I mean the source pick who they wanna... ;)

peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2002, 05:01:07 PM »
Im tired of people saying Biggie is the greatest ever. He is NOT the greatest ever, Pac is. Im a Biggie fan, but its absurd for anyone to say he is the greatest ever when he only made TWO fucking albums, and only one of them [Ready To Die] was classic. Life After Death is only near-classic. Sorry, but it takes more than 2 albums to be the greatest ever. Pac has three classic albums, and a number of solid albums to back those up.

Biggie was a better lyricist, but Pac was a better all-around artist, pure and simple. Biggie only WISHED he could write a song like So Many Tearz, Brendas Got A Baby, Do For Love, or Only God Can Judge Me. Pac has more subject matter, he has a better flow, he put more emotion into his lyrics, and was just a better all around artist than Biggie was.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Dogg_Pound_Gangsta

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2002, 05:54:06 PM »
I kind of agree, not because i'm a big 'pac fan but because the source has come off soooooooooooooooooooo many times as biased east coast dickriders. Luckily I have my own mind & am not often influenced by what they have to say.

Oh, but I disagree with some of the ratings of 'Pac's albums.
MATW & AEOM are definatly 5 mics worthy.

Word to Your Mother!!!!!!!

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2002, 06:34:36 PM »
Me Against The World and All Eyez On Me are both definatly 5 mic albums.....Makaveli is a 4.75/5 [great album but not quite as essential as MATW or AEOM].

2Pacalypse Now - 4/5
Strictly 4 My Niggaz - 3.75/5
Thug Life - 4/5
MATW - 5/5
AEOM - 5/5
Makaveli - 4.75/5
R U Still Down - 4/5
Still I Rise - 3/5
Until The End Of Time - 3.5/5

Ready To Die - 5/5
Life After Death - 4.5/5
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

kronic_kid

• Lil Geezy
  • i drop bombs like hiroshima
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2002, 07:47:47 PM »
man come on tupac easyly beats biggie in freestyle and in every aspect of rap so fuck biggie and badboy because they aint shit. and as far as the source goes so fuck the source they only support tha eastside im not saying that i hate the eastside im just saying that the source is kind of racist towards the west
some people say im full of shit well hiphops the shit so i guess im full of it

the408figga

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Keep it Savvy!!
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2002, 09:01:18 PM »

aeom = 4.7/5 the good thing is this album was 'ALL AROUND' album but come on man....there were several songs that were  fillers and you can easily tell when your'e listening to it....me personally this album should've been ONE ALBUM(20-22 tracks) instead of two(27)...but again its just my OPINION so don't harass me ya'll i'm just being very technical.....since these days people throw the word "classic" like a cheap whore...

mayn, all eyez on me is classic. i mean think about it. how many peeps have copied pac and made double albums that have straight garbage on them.even if they cut it down to one, it wouldnt be on aoem level. there are more hitz on all eyez on me than most people have in their careers!!!
I stay dipped like them fools in gq/ step into a party and they all say " he's cool"/
                                             -Mac Dre

Im a 3rd generation mack/ like the asses on my girls like the trunk of my caddilac/
                                              -Mac Mall

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2002, 09:03:00 PM »
This is the way it is. We need changes, but it ain't happening anytime soon. The east wants the best rapper, 'cause the west gots the best producer. But Biggie ain't even my number one east rapper, Rakim is.

rankings

storytelling: 2Pac (emotinal as hell, made you fell everyones' pain), Biggie (very detailed), Slick Rick (mastered it, can speak on anthing)

flow/voice: Biggie (hell yeah Biggie, he simply had a great voice that made everything sound better), Big Daddy Kane (smooth as hell), KRS-One (pick a style, no one flipped it like Kris)

Rhymes: Rakim (the god MC, biggest vocab, out of any rapper), 2Pac (Very creative "say my name 3 times like Candy Man" and witty), D.O.C. (forgot didn't you, even his ghostwritting was better than anybody elses)

Versity: 2Pac (ok, from Dear Mama to Hit Em' Up, any questions), KRS-One (pick a style, he changes his flow very easily), Biggie (as long as it has an eastcoast flavor)

Message: 2Pac (they say he counterdicted himself, but so does life), Chuck D (didn't expect that, FIGHT THE POWER), Nas (Illmatic, reborn on Stillmatic, with It Was Written and I Am as support)

Style/charisma: Jay Z (OK, no one does up to date fashion shit like Jigga, if it's hot, his got it), Biggie (true playa, made that shit a fashion statement, and injected N.Y. pride during westcoast dominates), 2Pac (injected westcoast pride, and is now even studied in colleges, brought in the thug style, and money)

Overall... 'Pac

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2002, 02:00:51 AM »
To try and put it simply, here's how I would put it in terms of quality of albums/lyrical content/flow/messages/diversity/style/charisma etc

Pac is a pro
B.I.G is an amateur

Don't get me wrong, biggie is a dope MC, & the time he did have in the game he blew alot of MC's away but he didn't really posess much else to me but dope lyrics.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Deuce_G

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2002, 09:58:34 AM »
I'd personally put Biggie ahead of Pac for a variety of reasons, but if you check out The Source article, they didn't ignore Pac.  The article preceding the Biggie one, they said Pac was one of the greatest in rap.  In the Biggie article, they put Pac's flow ahead of Jay-Z's, and said that Pac will forever be ahead of Biggie as an icon.  

min0rity

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2002, 12:50:00 PM »
Im tired of people saying Biggie is the greatest ever. He is NOT the greatest ever, Pac is. Im a Biggie fan, but its absurd for anyone to say he is the greatest ever when he only made TWO fucking albums, and only one of them [Ready To Die] was classic. Life After Death is only near-classic. Sorry, but it takes more than 2 albums to be the greatest ever. Pac has three classic albums, and a number of solid albums to back those up.

Biggie was a better lyricist, but Pac was a better all-around artist, pure and simple. Biggie only WISHED he could write a song like So Many Tearz, Brendas Got A Baby, Do For Love, or Only God Can Judge Me. Pac has more subject matter, he has a better flow, he put more emotion into his lyrics, and was just a better all around artist than Biggie was.

exactly what the fuck i'm talking about......damn biggie is dope but he was wayyyyyy overrated i think cuz he died before his time.....same goes for pac but when pac was alive he was already being considered one of the best in the game with the shit that he was putting out but biggie??? come on man.....none of the biggies album could even fuck with ILLMATIC....so how the fuck can you even compare biggie to pac???? its ridiculous.....its just like aaliayah NOW...she died and all of a sudden they're saying she is the greatest of all time which is straight bullshit....same shit applies to biggie....greatest of all time????? hell FUCKING no......i mean if the source rated rakim or big daddy kane greatest than at least i wouldn't be arguing....but biggie??? fuck the bullshit

min0rity

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2002, 12:56:02 PM »
I'd personally put Biggie ahead of Pac for a variety of reasons, but if you check out The Source article, they didn't ignore Pac.  The article preceding the Biggie one, they said Pac was one of the greatest in rap.  In the Biggie article, they put Pac's flow ahead of Jay-Z's, and said that Pac will forever be ahead of Biggie as an icon.  

yeah they didn't ignore pac of course, but it seemed like they were saying pac weren't even on the same level than biggie which is absurd.....i mean come on...they were saying pac and nas were on the SAME level which is totally absurd....man all i gotta say is pac can't get no love even after death and biggie is getting hella props for shit he NEVER deserved..the source kept mentioning jay-z with biggie like if they were 2 of the greatest emcees.....FUCK THE SOURCE!!!

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2002, 10:14:31 PM »
WHOA....i wazn"t on tha board 4 a coupla dayz....and this waz tha second thread i checked....i read every and each post ...and daMN....my head goes around......

so much B.S (no offence to anybody...just how it lookz to me).....so much childish remarkz.....i even saw some guy that iz still stuck in tha mid 90z wit tha whole east vs west bullshit....
anyway.......i don"t look at tha source as at some objetive ...intelegent mag....but i (personally) can understand them picken biggie as tha g.o.a.t.....I love biggie"z shit...when "ready to die" droped biggie waz all ya could here on my sterio for a very long time (some of tha longest times i bumped anythang...ever).......hiz storytellin iz unbelieveable....hiz deep voiced nosal delivery iz hypnotysen" and boomin".....hiz wordplay iz prolly as great as it getz.......yea...RA waz a great lyricist  ......but i wouldn"t give him tha crown only for hiz originallity and impact on hip hop(he iz up there in tha top 5 tho)....just like tha first flying devise (first plain) can"t compare to tha plainz we have nowadayz....some said that you can"t become one of tha greatest mcz ever only cauze of one album...but look at RAkim AND hiz "paid in full" album.
still this iz true concerinin some mcz....NAS and hiz CLASSIC "Illmatic" album that seemz flawless (and it iz in fact) waz a spark of genius....but nothin but a spark.......so tha question that should be aksed iz how to differ an MC that can be considered one of tha g.o.a.t from one album to one that can"t.....??!-ima try and aswer this.......: altho tha term "classic" iz often mistakenly considered a very defined and clear matter (hell...we even give albumz a numeral rating) it izn"t in fact.....not all albumz dat can be considered classicz r in fact on tha same level.....and some amazingly perfect classicz can deductivly hint at potensial flawz...

anyway....in my opnion PAC iz still tha g.o.at cauze if i compare quallityz one by one....pac will take it...but BIG comes damn close (so close sometimes i would bump him much mo than i bump pac).
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2002, 11:34:47 PM »
lots of ppl prefer biggie over pac me included

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?