Author Topic: Rihanna, oh boy!  (Read 1423 times)

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rihanna, oh boy!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 04:51:48 PM »
what can i say  :banana_hitit:

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 05:04:41 PM »
I can't stand her..She's ugly and She's can't sing

you are an homo

kingwell

K A I N

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 07:01:57 PM »
I wouldn't start a thread about her  ;D

Eihtball

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2006, 07:14:57 PM »
Why are you hating?  If you are old enough to be in a club, you are gonna know the song already....  Soft cell will also get royalties...  and besides that, they made a good beat out of it. 

What difference does it make if kids haven't heard the sampled song before?  I have heard a ton of samples where I didn't know the original song, and it was catchy as fuck.

Because you're exploiting the original artist's clever idea and the younger generation's ignorance.  Hip-hop is about breathing new life into old recordings by assembling the samples in new and creative ways, not bastardizing something that worked once and then recycling it, which is what Diddy has been doing for over 10 years now and which Rihanna is doing yet again.  Shit like this is the reason why hip-hop is written off as talentless.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 01:22:32 AM »

???

yeah some people are just gay. hate her voice all you want, but calling her ugly? lets be real
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 03:35:04 AM »
fuck sampling an awesome song like tainted love and putting a fucking rageton or whatever the fuck she is singer on it

Yeah, I hate when hip-hop/R&B artists sample pop classics just because they figure the beat was catchy then and younger audiences will be unfamiliar with the original song.  It completely goes against the artistic integrity of sampling in hip-hop.

Why are you hating?  If you are old enough to be in a club, you are gonna know the song already....  Soft cell will also get royalties...  and besides that, they made a good beat out of it. 

What difference does it make if kids haven't heard the sampled song before?  I have heard a ton of samples where I didn't know the original song, and it was catchy as fuck.

fair enough u sample a song

but to sample a classic such as tainted love, and give it to the likes a rihanna is just wrong in everyway

so in essence you're saying dj premier has no business touching all those classic songs he fucks with.... cuz quite frankly there is NO DIFFERENCE

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 03:36:30 AM »

wow you must be a homo fuckin sexual

imo black women are the ugliest women in the world......and in that same breathe i think rhiana is one of the most beatiful women i've seen

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

J2K

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 04:27:01 AM »
 :banana_hitit: :banana_hitit:

Lol looks hot on her video , how can u call her ugly ?

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 09:39:24 AM »

Because you're exploiting the original artist's clever idea and the younger generation's ignorance.  Hip-hop is about breathing new life into old recordings by assembling the samples in new and creative ways, not bastardizing something that worked once and then recycling it, which is what Diddy has been doing for over 10 years now and which Rihanna is doing yet again.  Shit like this is the reason why hip-hop is written off as talentless.

nice post however hip-hop was never for the masses

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 09:50:56 AM »
Is she only 17? Damn, I didn't know that. I thought she was somewhere around 19/20 years old. Here in Belgium - and probably other European countries as well - 85% of the 17-year-old girls look a lot less 'mature'.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 10:53:34 AM »
she didnt even try on the song

she just fucking rambles bollocks, shes has no talent and doesnt deserve the song

youngmessnucca

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 11:06:23 AM »
beautiful girl, i dont mind her music either  :sign_hitit:

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2006, 04:49:05 AM »

kemizt

babonhas8

• Lil Geezy