Author Topic: Question for NON Americans  (Read 325 times)

'EclipZe

Re: Question for NON Americans
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2006, 01:25:26 PM »
aint a lot of ppl in europe got the knowledge most euro's over here at dubcc got, like not even 0,00000001% of europe knows who dj quik is... not even mention about MC eiht.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2006, 01:27:12 PM »
Television before
Television/Internet now

exactly.

but in the UK, we've been exposed to rap/hip-hop for at least 10/15 years.

it's always been around.  the internet of course helps.
NO MORE WAR

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2006, 02:12:22 PM »
i started listening to eminem in kuwait like everybody down there.read his bio,learned about dre,which got me into snoop/deathrow---------nwa------mc eiht-----quik----king t.mostly by reading bios
United Arab States

Eihtball

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 03:03:12 PM »
I don't think I'm all that ignorant of European artists...I listen to MC Solaar, Supreme NTM, So Solid Crew, etc. sometimes.

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2006, 03:34:18 PM »
when i saw "still d.r.e" on the tv, i thought to myself

who is dr dre, and why is it so awesome

i had been exposed to hip hop before, like RUN DMC but i didnt know it was hip hop, i heard "its like that jason nevis" or whatever and loved it, but didnt know it was hip hop

dr dre followed by eminem are what got me into hip hop

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2006, 05:03:20 PM »
People know about it via magazines/internet... I can´t speak for whole europe but here in Austria the majority doesn´t really care for hip hop... I think it´s just not that accepted to be played on the ordinary radio station... you might hear a hip hop track here and there but just simply because it made it in the charts... Eminem´s "Sing For The Moment" or the known hits from Vanilla Ice, Salt N Pepa or Mc Hammer back in the days... commercial music, it seems, just aims for an older audience who don´t want to listen to hiphop...

...but of course there is an underground scene in every major city that´s consisting of people who have been old enough to witness the birth of Hip Hip.. not because they spent their holidays in NY or anything but probably because they turned on their tv and saw Wild Style and got hooked on that culture... and of course there are younger people who really got into it.. people that have a passion for it and really live it.. that constantly put out records and do shows and whatnot... but in comparison to the whole population it really is minimal...

coola

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2006, 06:49:43 PM »
aint a lot of ppl in europe got the knowledge most euro's over here at dubcc got, like not even 0,00000001% of europe knows who dj quik is... not even mention about MC eiht.

yep..

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 04:07:52 AM »

yep..

Hmm... I'm not so sure bout that...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

coola

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 04:37:36 AM »
^ then hit the streets and ask around..

'EclipZe

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 04:45:17 AM »

yep..

lol sum guys usual ask what im listening 2 when i got my mp3 on, when I answer with sam sneed, king t, dj quik, Eazy E, Dresta they usually say WHO?

I even made a poll on a dutch site which lots of youth got a pro on, and I asked if anyone listens to g-funk, most replies where "Is that something new?" "sum one day fly again?" "can you eat that?"

+ most of these kids listen to dutch hiphop  :-X  and only like BEP and G-Unit and so on... when I play a track from Power Of The Dollar most didn't  even knew it excisted.

so yes, im sure about it.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 05:19:02 AM »

yep..

lol sum guys usual ask what im listening 2 when i got my mp3 on, when I answer with sam sneed, king t, dj quik, Eazy E, Dresta they usually say WHO?

I even made a poll on a dutch site which lots of youth got a pro on, and I asked if anyone listens to g-funk, most replies where "Is that something new?" "sum one day fly again?" "can you eat that?"

+ most of these kids listen to dutch hiphop  :-X  and only like BEP and G-Unit and so on... when I play a track from Power Of The Dollar most didn't  even knew it excisted.

so yes, im sure about it.

Well thats logical since they arent that "popular" in America too. I mean they had 2,3 hit singles and thats it (minus Eazy E)

Throwback

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 06:09:40 AM »
are you sure they arent saying; WHY!!??

J Bananas

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 12:46:41 PM »

+  when i 1st started i was reading all the biographies of "fav rappers" ...and by searching on google all types of words like : gangsta rap, westcoast rap, underground  i ended on a site igangsta.com   can u imagine?!? i didn't made an account then cause i didn't owned a pc and kickin it at an i cafe is kinda useless. But if you love it you'll get it...now I don't wanna sound proud but i don't think that are many romanians who know the shit i know, who own the shit i own..and all that thanks to you guys, to hook up, to news and shit. to the irc channels, to all you muthaphuckaz. I got love for my dawgz, cause they holla @ me...
on irc they used to have this topic "share is love, trade is gay"  ;D Oh and it's all about the internet man, I went to "Cat Music" one of the biggest music stores around here and asked about an MC Ren album they looked at me like "Who? Oh no..." and when i turned they checkin me out like "he tryin be smart on us". that's what i'm saying..the other Europeans can suck a dick cause they have it on their corner original and cheaper, but in my country the only thing they would think about is promoting Hip Hop culture LOL   
   And you know what's funny? that Europeans know way much about Hip Hop than the Americans do, you know why? cause they don't live there, hip hop isn't bangin at every corner in their hoods, it doesn't come "on plate" for us. You Americans got the shit around you and most of y'all don't give a fuck about it..there is so much to save in Hip Hop and you just let it pass by...

One Luv from Europe II Left Coast

LOL

Lam

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 06:27:56 AM »
mainly internet and the source and XXL magazines for me....