Author Topic: Ol' Dirty Bastard Album?  (Read 153 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ol' Dirty Bastard Album?
« on: April 13, 2006, 07:20:51 PM »
Did I miss something or wasn't another ODB album supposed to be released after his death?  I remember some mixtape came out shortly after but I don't remember anything after that.

Any news?

jeromechickenbone

Re: Ol' Dirty Bastard Album?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 07:24:53 PM »
I think Dame Dash has control of it.  And I don't think he's gonna release anything, cuz he has too much pride.  If it isn't successful, people will know that Jay was the talented one at the Roc.  Kinda like Suge Knight syndrome.

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »
I think Dame Dash has control of it.  And I don't think he's gonna release anything, cuz he has too much pride.  If it isn't successful, people will know that Jay was the talented one at the Roc.  Kinda like Suge Knight syndrome.

Dame should release it tho..shit I mean if they can release bleek's album..and his albums go papertowel tube everytime he drop...

S.La*

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 09:01:28 PM »
Yeah, Ol' Dirty Bastard has had some albums/mixtapes released after his death, the are the following:

- Osirus (which was a mixtape.)
- The Definitive Ol' Dirty Bastard Story (which is just a Greatest Hits album, I just thought that I would include it seeing as though it was still actually released after his death.)
- Free To Be Dirty! Live (some random live versions of some of hits hits like "Shimmy Shimmy Ya", "Brookyln Zoo", etc.)
- A Son Unique (his actual album that he was recording when he passed away; I think this is the album I think you're looking for.)

I have heard "Osirus", it wasn't that bad. It is an average album, no standout tracks, really. And I have "A Son Unique," but I haven't gotten around to playing it, I have many, many albums to play. And as for the Greatest Hits and live album... well, I don't really need to get them.

R.I.P. ODB (1968 - 2004)

Jome

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 10:27:54 PM »
- A Son Unique (his actual album that he was recording when he passed away; I think this is the album I think you're looking for.)

Yeah, this was leaked to the internet some months ago, so this will probably never be released now..
Tracklisting/producers: http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=73240.0

S.La*

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 10:53:48 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Son_Unique

According to Wikipedia, the release date hasn't been confirmed. And the original title of the album was going to be "Dirt McGirt."

Infact, I am going to listen to that album now.

Elevz

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 11:07:07 PM »
Now they've leaked his album, months in advance so that by the time it drops no one will buy it? That's goddamn disrespectful.

S.La*

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 11:58:40 PM »
I remember that the song "Operator" leaked several days after his death. I have had that song for years.

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 05:51:17 AM »
A Son Unique is a good album, its a shame they didnt release it
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

S.La*

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 06:44:50 AM »
Yeah, I've played it, and yeah, it is actually pretty good. I suggest it.