Author Topic: Witness says Proof did not initiate gun battle  (Read 290 times)

Mr. Humonculous

Witness says Proof did not initiate gun battle
« on: April 14, 2006, 02:04:49 PM »
Proof's longtime attorney David Gorosh also spoke out yesterday disputing claims by the police that the rapper set off the shootout that left him dead and another man in critical condition by pulling his gun out first.

"To indicate that Proof pulled the trigger first is reckless and quite frankly it will be proved to be untrue" Gorosh told the Detroit Free Press.

As SOHH previously reported, Proof and Keith Bender got into a heated exchange at Triple C's nightclub early Tuesday morning (April 11) which lead to Proof both pistol-whipping and shooting Bender. Proof was then gunned down by Bender's cousin as he stood over Bender.

A witness statement, obtained exclusively by SOHH.com, concurs with the theory that Proof did not initiate the gun battle but says the rapper shot out of self-defense.

"The guy pulled out his gun and then Proof pulled his out and shot -- hitting the guy," the source told SOHH.com exclusively. "The guy's cousin who is a bouncer at the club then shot Proof. They grabbed up the gun from the guy Proof shot and fled."

On Wednesday afternoon (April 12), Mario Etheridge, a bouncer at the Triple C's nightclub and Bender's cousin, turned himself in to Detroit Police accompanied by his attorney Randall Upshaw. Upshaw would then tell the press that his client did nothing illegal and that it, "It was Proof that shot the first shot."

Gorosh responded to Upshaw's comments saying, "It's disingenuous to speak to the media to try and suggest that Proof shot first. There are ways to determine what shots were fired and by whom. Until all of the factual evidence has been evaluated, an opinion by the Detroit Police Department is premature."

Etheridge still remains in custody and authorities are continuing to investigate whether he should face charges in the shooting, which Detroit Police said, might have been in self-defense. But SOHH.com sources divulged yesterday that Etheridge surrendered out of self-preservation.

"The guy turned himself in out of fear he was going to get got at by Proof's people," said the source. "Proof frequented the place and there is of course no way the bouncer or anyone else in the club didn't know who he was."

Proof (born Deshaun Holton) was 32 and is survived by his wife and five children. His funeral arrangements are still underway.

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/8753

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Witness says Proof did not initiate gun battle
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 03:07:59 PM »
There's witness's shooting out left and right here....I don't know what to believe....even though I wouldn't like to see Proof be at blame for his own death

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 04:07:18 PM »
There's witness's shooting out left and right here....I don't know what to believe....even though I wouldn't like to see Proof be at blame for his own death

exactly my thoughts man
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

K A I N

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 04:46:56 PM »
When people get famous they should move away from the city they're from.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 04:51:24 PM »

Then you'll be another man's hood

Unless of course you move to the suburbs  :-\

Citizen-Y

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 08:45:41 PM »

Then you'll be another man's hood

Unless of course you move to the suburbs  :-\

50 said it best on this DJ Clue mix tape, I can't remember it exactly but it was like, "Yeah I moved out the hood, I couldn't wait to get the fuck out.  Keep hating but i'm out."