Author Topic: Why Kobe is the 2006 NBA MVP.  (Read 645 times)

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Why Kobe is the 2006 NBA MVP.
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2006, 02:53:55 AM »
^^^so your saying Steve Nash isn't that great because he has a good coach who knows how to have his team set up so that his star players will flourish  ???

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2006, 03:33:02 AM »
Kobe has to be MVP cuz he has broken too a many fucking records in 1 season hands down.Nash should be second on the list and Brand 3rd.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2006, 10:33:24 AM »
Kobe is on another level , a whole another level... And please someone answer this question : how can Nash be the mvp when he's outmatched by Billups and T.Parker in every single game they play against each other ?? He can't stop both coz he's a terrible defender... so to be MVP , you have at least to be able to outshine others top players at your position, don't you have ??

He has outshined other players at his position, I don't see very many point gaurds getting their teams 50+ wins without Amare Stoudamire whos their best big man and most dominant player on the offence and has been injured all season, what makes it even more remarkable is after the team traded away both Joe Johnson and Quentin Richardson for a bunch of crappy players and still Nash is making these guys look good and has the team cruising to another division title with 52 wins...I don't think Nash should win MVP but come on you have to give credit when it is due

nash has done an amazing job with the suns this yr. the suns werent projected to do as well as last yr with the injury to amare and the loss of a few key players and yet nash has led them to a division title. his stake at mvp isnt that strong though cuz he doesnt play defense.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2006, 11:33:12 AM »
You guys don't get it! It's not Nash doing this, it's the fucking system they're running in Phoenix! It makes everyone look good, cuz everyone gets to score...They run run run, score, no defense, run right back, score again, etc. It's a system that's KNOWN to fail in the post-season, which is why I'm glad to be playing the Suns in round 1...Kobe>>>Brand>Dirk>>>Nash.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2006, 05:49:01 PM »
Kobe should get it no doubt. He deserves it. I wouldn't be mad if Nash wins it, but what Kobe has done this season is historic.

Now I'm Blowed, as far as the system being responsible for Nash's play, couldn't you make the same argument for the Phil's triangle and Kobe? Kobe is averaging 7 points a game more than last season, and I think Kobe playing the wing spot in the traingle is largely responsible. If you're going to knock Nash due to the system they implement, you can do the same with Kobe. Any competent coach will use a system will take advantage of their player's strenghts, just like Riley did with showtime and Magic.

Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2006, 07:50:47 PM »
Kobe should get it no doubt. He deserves it. I wouldn't be mad if Nash wins it, but what Kobe has done this season is historic.

Now I'm Blowed, as far as the system being responsible for Nash's play, couldn't you make the same argument for the Phil's triangle and Kobe? Kobe is averaging 7 points a game more than last season, and I think Kobe playing the wing spot in the traingle is largely responsible. If you're going to knock Nash due to the system they implement, you can do the same with Kobe. Any competent coach will use a system will take advantage of their player's strenghts, just like Riley did with showtime and Magic.

real talk, exactly what ive been saying obviously a coach will have his system set up so his star players will shine, just because you have a good coach doesnt mean we should take anything away from Nash he still is doing some amazing things

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2006, 09:24:42 AM »

Are you fuckin' serious? Triangle isn't a stat-inflating system...You've completely missed the point. The Suns system is a stat-inflating, thus making it look like Steve Nash is the one who's inflating the stats of those around him and not the system. I don't know how you compared that to Kobe and the triangle, but you were way off...Kobe is now producing high numbers (well, he's always produced high numbers, now they're even higher) because the offense is running through him and a lot of the times he gets depended on, more so than in the past...But nonetheless, the comparison was off...PeACe

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2006, 09:31:08 AM »

Kobe is now producing high numbers (well, he's always produced high numbers, now they're even higher) because the offense is running through him and a lot of the times he gets depended on, more so than in the past

exactly the offense is run through him so that means he's the focal point of their offense. plays r designed to get him the ball and for him to score it or pass if off. since kobe's gonna get the most touches he's given more opportunities to score or pass off if when the triple team comes by. the suns offense is stat inlfating but thats theyre style of play and its not like its a walk in the park for nash to just rack up those numbers. hes aiding a few players who 2 yrs ago were no namers in this league and without amare. both players r doing their respective jobs admirably but u cant knock on one and says its just the system.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2006, 09:50:17 AM »

Kobe is now producing high numbers (well, he's always produced high numbers, now they're even higher) because the offense is running through him and a lot of the times he gets depended on, more so than in the past

exactly the offense is run through him so that means he's the focal point of their offense. plays r designed to get him the ball and for him to score it or pass if off. since kobe's gonna get the most touches he's given more opportunities to score or pass off if when the triple team comes by. the suns offense is stat inlfating but thats theyre style of play and its not like its a walk in the park for nash to just rack up those numbers. hes aiding a few players who 2 yrs ago were no namers in this league and without amare. both players r doing their respective jobs admirably but u cant knock on one and says its just the system.

Nobody said what Nash is doing is a walk in the park...Nash is good, really good. He's just not seeing Kobe. Kobe gets defended harder than anyone I've ever seen, yet he still gets all the touches he does...That's just amazing. Again, the system in Phoenix is more resposible for making a name for those former no-namers than Nash is...Without Nash, sure the offense doesnt run as well (why would it without the starting point guard?), but the players still produce high numbers...Nash is good, Kobe is legendary...PeACe

ABN

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2006, 10:26:45 AM »
i think AI should get it but i wouldn´t be mad if Kobe got it coz he´s takein his game to another level this season. i´ve always critized Kobe in the past coz of certain things but this year i´ve found very few flaws in his game so if he were to win it i couldn´t complain. but i don´t think that AI or Kobe´s gonna get it, they´ll prolly give it to Nash which would be a huge mistake IMO.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2006, 10:33:32 AM »
i think AI should get it but i wouldn´t be mad if Kobe got it coz he´s takein his game to another level this season.
What makes you think Iverson should be MVP?He couldn't even get his team to the playoffs. Most people look at getting your team to the playoffs as a qualifying factor before they even consider you. No way AI deserves it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 11:03:01 AM »
i think AI should get it but i wouldn´t be mad if Kobe got it coz he´s takein his game to another level this season. i´ve always critized Kobe in the past coz of certain things but this year i´ve found very few flaws in his game so if he were to win it i couldn´t complain. but i don´t think that AI or Kobe´s gonna get it, they´ll prolly give it to Nash which would be a huge mistake IMO.

LOL!!

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 11:16:31 AM »

exactly.

the suns looked pretty bad without Nash out there yesterday.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006, 11:33:16 AM »
Lebron
Kobe a close second
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2006, 11:55:36 AM »

exactly.

the suns looked pretty bad without Nash out there yesterday.

That's because without Nash, they don't have a point guard to initiate the offense...LOL. It's common sense that a running team would suck without its point guard. Jason Kidd, Luke Ridnour, shit, even Marjo Jaric could replace Nash in that system...NO ONE can replace Kobe on the Lakers and have them sitting where they are. NO ONE.