Author Topic: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)  (Read 272620 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Sticky: The Official Professional Wrestling Thread (WWE, TNA, etc.)
« Reply #6720 on: August 18, 2011, 10:57:04 AM »
Seriously. Nash used to be one of the best on the mic.

Maybe he was just a lil rusty being in front of more than 1,000 people and talking for the first time in almost 10 years.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

JohnnyL

« Reply #6721 on: August 18, 2011, 12:59:58 PM »
Seriously. Nash used to be one of the best on the mic.

Maybe he was just a lil rusty being in front of more than 1,000 people and talking for the first time in almost 10 years.

Personally, I didn't think Nash sounded that bad on the mic.  I mean, everyone was booing him, but Punk's got the crowd behind him right now.  So it was probably a given that they were going to boo Nash 24 hours after costing Punk the title.  Still, I think that whole exchange between Nash and Punk was the highlight of the entire show.  Largely, that's due to Punk's contribution on the mic, but I thought Nash did alright.  You're probably right though that he's rusty from not being in front of a crowd that size for a while.   

Sikotic™

« Reply #6722 on: August 18, 2011, 01:59:35 PM »
Oh, it was definitely the highlight of the show no doubt. I expect better to come from Nash on the mic..........in the ring, not so much lol.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #6723 on: August 18, 2011, 03:35:01 PM »
I thought he was drunk and slurring some of his words but overall it wasn't too bad I liked how the crowd cheered when he mentioned my  boy Scott Hall
The West is Back

JohnnyL

« Reply #6724 on: August 18, 2011, 05:22:03 PM »
Oh, it was definitely the highlight of the show no doubt. I expect better to come from Nash on the mic..........in the ring, not so much lol.

Lol.  Yeah, his ring stuff is pretty boring, and he seems to injure himself pretty easily.  The last time I really remember seeing Nash in a WWE ring, it was his first night back from a serious injury...then he injured himself again that night and WWE did away with the NWO angle completely, the very next Monday.   

Sikotic™

« Reply #6725 on: August 18, 2011, 08:29:37 PM »
I remember when Nash blew his quad in a tag match against the Dudley Boyz on Raw maybe 8 years ago. It was so bad that Bubba Ray broke keyfabe and came to his aid even though they were opponents lol.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

JohnnyL

« Reply #6726 on: August 18, 2011, 09:10:16 PM »
I remember when Nash blew his quad in a tag match against the Dudley Boyz on Raw maybe 8 years ago. It was so bad that Bubba Ray broke keyfabe and came to his aid even though they were opponents lol.

Yeah.  I think that was the match I was thinking of.  I remember it was a tag match.  You could tell something was wrong cause when it happened, Nash screamed out in a way that didn't sound fake at all.  I can't remember if you could see the ref throw up the "x," but I remember Lawler commenting that Nash looked like he really hurt himself.
   It's too bad too, because the storyline at the time was that Shawn Micheals had just come back to WWE as part of the NWO and they were trying to convince Triple H to join.  But since the storyline was canned after Nash got hurt, we never got to find out how it would have turned out.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #6727 on: August 18, 2011, 09:30:26 PM »

Yeah.  I think that was the match I was thinking of.  I remember it was a tag match.  You could tell something was wrong cause when it happened, Nash screamed out in a way that didn't sound fake at all.  I can't remember if you could see the ref throw up the "x," but I remember Lawler commenting that Nash looked like he really hurt himself.
   It's too bad too, because the storyline at the time was that Shawn Micheals had just come back to WWE as part of the NWO and they were trying to convince Triple H to join.  But since the storyline was canned after Nash got hurt, we never got to find out how it would have turned out.

is there a youtube link for that match?

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #6728 on: August 18, 2011, 11:08:52 PM »

is there a youtube link for that match?

ive seen a better version but this is the only one i could find right now

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_qhh3nKmJtM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_qhh3nKmJtM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
The West is Back

Sikotic™

« Reply #6729 on: August 18, 2011, 11:21:58 PM »
LOL. Bubba Ray broke keyfabe and went to see how Nash was and then X Pac started kicking Bubba in the head to reestablish the keyfabe.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #6730 on: August 20, 2011, 11:55:14 PM »
Well, Matt Hardy got fired from TNA.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #6731 on: August 21, 2011, 03:46:36 AM »
Matt Harty will end up a wrestling junkie like Scott Hall If he doesn't get a grip soon... same goes for Jeff
The West is Back

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6732 on: August 24, 2011, 12:53:22 PM »
Soo anyone seen the new Matt Hardy video..
I think its a work.

Sikotic™

« Reply #6733 on: August 24, 2011, 03:25:58 PM »
Jake Roberts and Scott Hall called Matt Hardy recently and told him they wanted their gimmicks back.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #6734 on: August 30, 2011, 01:41:42 AM »
I like how this story line is going with Punk/Nash/HHH

im thinking bring X-pac back, get Hall to manage them, and recruit young talent like Rhodes and Dibase and Zack Ryder mixed in with the Big Show and we can have a new NWO stable... but thats not likely to happin

but i got 20 bucks saying Taker comes back at Night of Champions and destroys Nash or X-pac comes back or something shocking will happin
The West is Back