Author Topic: Mobb_Deep-Blood_Money-2006  (Read 2830 times)

Okka

Re: Mobb_Deep-Blood_Money-2006
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2006, 02:52:10 AM »
Dope tracks: Put Them In Their Place, Daydreamin, In Love With The Moula, Outta Control (Remix), Backstage Pass, Give It To Me & Have A Party

:grumpy:

It's an OK album, best tracks are "Put Them In Their Place" & "In Love With The Moula"
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 02:53:47 AM by Okka »

Eihtball

« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2006, 08:42:56 AM »
Because OC remix was a single.

Yeah, that still ain't relevent.  The point is, just because 50's got a Dre beat in pocket don't mean he'll use it as soon as he gets it.

Well I believe Havoc over 50.  Big fuckin deal.  And what exactly is your theory?  That 50 really likes Hav and P, and wants to help them out cuz he's a nice guy? NEGRO PLEASE.

No, he wants to help them because it's in his financial interests to see them cross over and sell Platinum, especially after Yayo's album did so poorly.  Why the fuck else?  Ain't that what the music industry's about?

Although I do think that, even though you might not agree, 50 does have respect for Mobb Deep.  He has said before that they were one of his influences when he was starting to rap (then again, a lot of the current generation of East Coast thug rappers were probably inspired by Mobb Deep).  The one thing you can't deny is that 50 has been giving Mobb Deep far more dedication and promotion than Jive (and even Loud) ever gave them, not to mention he's paid them far better.  Doesn't that tell you anything?

And again, I'm not anti G-Unit.  I'm anti having G-Unit on over half of a MOBB DEEP album.  Why is that concept so fuckin hard for you to grasp?

Have you even listened to the album yet?  If so, you'd realize it hardly even matters.  The truth is, they aren't relying on 50 and he doesn't steal the spotlight from them at all on this album (the way he stole the spotlight on "The Documentary", anyway).  Trust me, 50's presence ain't overbearing on "Blood Money".  But Mobb Deep is a part of the G-Unit family now, so of course, they're going to be guesting on the record.  The only thing that should matter to you is whether or not it impacts the music.

And yeah, I'd say you must be against G-Unit.  Clearly, you think that having G-Unit on the album automatically equals wackness, which is ludicrous by itself.

You seem like an intelligent guy (albeit an intelligent guy with a hard on for 50 cent).

Maybe I'm just sick of all the hating?  Is there really anything wrong with enjoying G-Unit's music and not being a hater?  I'm not ashamed to say that I bump 50's music, and that I enjoy it more than 99% of the other commercial hip-hop out there right now.

You're horrible at taking quotes out of text, and makes me not want to waste time arguing with you.  I said I hope this album flops so I can get a Mobb Deep album without G-Unit all over it.  So don't be twistin words.  

Still the same thing.  You shouldn't want your favorite group to flop under any circumstances.  Granted, you shouldn't want them to sell out, either, but that's not something Mobb Deep did here.  True Mobb fans should be happy to see them getting a break like this after going 5 years without a major hit and seeing their albums get mis-marketed and under-promoted.

Let me ask you this, would you be in favor of every rap artist signing to G-Unit?  Yes, they'd probably get more exposure, but at what cost?  I want a new Tribe album - haven't had one in 8 years.  If they signed to G-Unit, and had 50, buck, banks, yayo on over half the album i think I would literally vomit.  And I wouldn't support it on principal alone.  That's not hating, thats having a shred of integrity.  If thats the only way I get them back, then I don't want it.  If I want to hear Yayo, 50, Buck, and Banks, I'll cop their shit - Not Mobb Deep.

The only thing I'm going to say (as I've said before) is that you shouldn't care unless it affects the quality of the music.  If (and this is hypothetical) Tribe signed to G-Unit and found that being with 50 got their creative juices and energy flowing again, and the outcome was that they released another album as good as "The Low End Theory" or "Midnight Marauders", would you really mind?  Do I think that would happen?  No, that's a stretch.  Mobb Deep, on the other hand, it ain't nearly as much of a stretch for them to be down with 50 because they're the same breed of rapper - thugs from Queens - while Tribe is in entirely different genre that G-Unit doesn't seem set up to produce.  But Mobb Deep being down with G-Unit?  Easier to see, and indeed, "Blood Money" makes me feel like I'm right.

They've already been Gold and Platinum artists.  They've dropped albums that many heads consider to be CLASSIC.  They didn't need 50 cent to do all that.

Yeah, that was 10 years ago.  The rap game has changed, and Mobb Deep's sound and even their style would be dated at this point.  If Mobb Deep were to release another album like "The Infamous" - with the same sparse, simple production and P rapping like he's still in "juvenile hell" more than 10 years later - I would just yawn.  Just because it was dope back then doesn't mean it'll be dope today.

50's sound, whether we want to accept it or not, is the current sound of New York gangsta rap.  If you're going to re-invent yourself for a present-day audience to sound relevent again, then yeah, I'd most def say that being with 50 is advantageous.

I wouldn't mind one 50 cent cameo on the album, or hell even a posse cut a la "Mobb Unit" or something.  They had a fuckin Lil Jon beat on AN.  I wasn't really feelin it, but its not like they had his ass screamin up and down all over the album.  And they coulda done that and probably had some success because at the time, Lil Jon was EVERYWHERE.  But whoring themselves by putting out an album like this is a joke.  I'm not supporting this bullshit.  

Again, I'm really curious to know if you've even heard the whole thing by now.  I get the impression you haven't.  If not, why the fuck am I even talking to you?

Eihtball

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2006, 08:46:56 AM »

That's really funny to me, because Mobb Deep pretty much destroyed their own career by failing to update themselves and starting to sound irrelevent.  Being with 50 has at least given them a chance at a career comeback.

Tha Crip

« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2006, 12:24:37 PM »
i think its hot, fuck g-unit haters, FUCK EM  8)
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2006, 12:55:57 PM »

That's really funny to me, because Mobb Deep pretty much destroyed their own career by failing to update themselves and starting to sound irrelevent.  Being with 50 has at least given them a chance at a career comeback.

A chance at a career comeback or career suicide???

Even if Curtis succeedz in bringin' Mobb Deep 2 tha mainstream and they go triple platinum will it be worth tha price they paid?

Fuck that and that pic iz funny as hell propz 4 that!!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

Eihtball

« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2006, 12:59:44 PM »

Their career has already been fucking dead for several years now..."Amerikaz Nightmare" made that pretty clear.

Even if Curtis succeedz in bringin' Mobb Deep 2 tha mainstream and they go triple platinum will it be worth tha price they paid?

What price did they pay?  We've heard the record, they didn't sell out.  The music is overall decent.

White kids like you really need to stop trying so hard to sound black.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2006, 01:27:03 PM »

Their career has already been fucking dead for several years now..."Amerikaz Nightmare" made that pretty clear.

What price did they pay?  We've heard the record, they didn't sell out.  The music is overall decent.

White kids like you really need to stop trying so hard to sound black.

1. I wouldn't consider it dead besidez tha Mobb alwayz had itz core fan base, I'm not a hardcore Mobb Deep fan myself but I thought Amerikaz Nightmare was dope (matter of taste I guess)..

2. I'm not talkin' bout tha muzik what went through ur mind when U first heard Mobb Deep was gonna sign 2 G-unit (same 4 M.O.P.)? In my opinion Mobb Deep (and M.O.P. 4 that matter) simply do NOT belong on tha G-Unit roster! Okay so their career went downhill next thang U know they signed 2 G-Unit??! C'mon mane...

3. People like U really need 2 think b4 sayin' somethin' so cliche and stupid like that! <<<Nuff said about this...

~Loyalty Is Everything~

'EclipZe

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2006, 01:29:40 PM »
the price they paid? naw 50 paid them the new cars and shit + he gave them acces to lots of producers and he promoted their album like craaazy. 50 did a good job actually, and the album is nice.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2006, 01:55:29 PM »
Damn, this album is real nice.Definately getting myself a copy of this 8)

Eihtball

« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2006, 02:31:31 PM »
1. I wouldn't consider it dead besidez tha Mobb alwayz had itz core fan base, I'm not a hardcore Mobb Deep fan myself but I thought Amerikaz Nightmare was dope (matter of taste I guess)..

Maybe calling it "dead" would be an exaggeration, but commercially, Mobb Deep's career was most def on life support before 50 signed them.  It still is, actually, but at least the chances of recovery seem higher now than they did only about a year ago.  "Amerikaz Nightmare" was a much better album than "Infamy", but the public simply wasn't interested (and neither were a lot of Mobb fans, actually, if the reviews were any indication).

2. I'm not talkin' bout tha muzik what went through ur mind when U first heard Mobb Deep was gonna sign 2 G-unit (same 4 M.O.P.)? In my opinion Mobb Deep (and M.O.P. 4 that matter) simply do NOT belong on tha G-Unit roster! Okay so their career went downhill next thang U know they signed 2 G-Unit??! C'mon mane...

Wait a sec...back the FUCK up, young blood.  You ain't talkin about the music?  If so, then why the hell should I care?  See, this is why so-called "hip-hop heads" like yourself are far more shallow than you claim you are...It's very clear to me that like most suburban kids who ain't ever seen a housing project in their lives, your sole concern with Mobb Deep is their "street cred", and that the only thing you hate about them being on G-Unit is that it seems to threaten their street cred.

This is what makes me a true Mobb fan...I am only concerned with one thing, the only thing a fan of any group should be concerned with: The quality of their music.  These other cats are just upset they're signing with a label associated with "pop".

3. People like U really need 2 think b4 sayin' somethin' so cliche and stupid like that! <<<Nuff said about this...

Nah, I know exactly what I'm talking about.  You think I haven't seen enough of your kind by now?

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2006, 03:01:15 PM »
This album is pretty solid if you ask me. Quick review...

01. Smoke It - tight opener, the beat's nice...Just Blaze sampled the same song for Jay-Z's "U Don't Know" I noticed...

02. Put Em In Their Place - the brassy beat is good, but gets repetitive...decent 1st single, but I don't think it will chart too high...

03. Stole Something - Havoc's production is dark but I'm not feeling this too much...Banks sounds like he's trying too hard to be grimey...I think the beat might grow on me...

04. Creep - this song could definitely be used to torture people...the cartoonish loop doesn't do much for me, neither do the vocals...50's got a little flow going on in the 3rd verse...worst beat on the album.

05. Speaking So Freely - this is more like that...very ill production, a catchy hook and a nice performance all around...one of the best cuts on Blood Money.

06. Backstage Pass - another one that grows on you...I'm digging the instrumental, I can trace pieces of the Clipse song "Grindin" if you listen close you'll hear it...not a bad track at all.

07. Give It To Me - nothing special...same played out G-Unit shit, the beat sounds tired, and Buck doesn't add much...

08. Click Click - the beat's OK, Yayo drops one of the whackest verses I've heard in a while, but Mobb doesn't disappoint on the whole...Christ, Yayo's garbage.

09. Pearly Gates - I don't like this cut...the beat isn't tight, 50 sounds like he's trying to be Mase on the hook, Havoc is decent and Prodigy gets hella edited, which is good, because his lyrics on this track are bullshit.

10. Capital P, Capital H - nice beat, hook is aight, verses are nothing really to check for.

11. Daydreamin' - the best song off this album, imo. The beat is crazy dope, and Mobb puts it down lovely. Don't sleep on this one...

12. The Infamous - I didn't like this at first, but it grew on me. Alchemist drops a nice track, and the vocals are pretty good. The video's great if you little big booties and titties...

13. In Love With The Moula - dope concept, and J.R.'s beat is very good. Mobb lays it down pretty decent.

14. It's Alright - I'm feeling this one....production is stellar, and the performances are nice.

15. Have A Party - banger, because of Nate's hook and Fredwreck's dope beat.

16. Outta Control Remix - Dre's beat is fire, we've heard this before...Havoc's got the best verse here.

I didn't really feel like rating the tracks, because it's too soon for that. Both Havoc and P do their thing, 50 lets them shine and the beats bang. Not a bad album at all.

k1000

« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2006, 03:03:13 PM »
uh, i want to hear the dre track. :)

Efrain

« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2006, 03:15:38 PM »
This mobb record is Prodigy and Havoc "going for broke" and wagering their entire fan base, legacy and credibility for a shot at 50 Cent-rock-star-like stardom. They don’t even try to hide it with their blatant ripping of 50 Cent style harmonization and characteristic every-song radio appeal, not to mention the shameless 60% to 30% features to solo’s ratio, the Mobb have shown clearly that they’ve cashed in all their chips and are betting everything on 50.

People on this board seem so confused at why the Mobb would get hated on for this move but it seems pretty self-evident to me. Here you have a classic case of artists who’ve reached a point in their career where their personal finances are more important than their art. Plain and simple. Prodigy and Havoc are willing to change their artistic styles and wear whatever facade necessary to make more money. There is a term for that and its called "selling out." And that's exactly what happened here with "Blood Money," Mobb Deep sold themselves out; cashed in their artistic stock, credibility and legacy for money.... Blood Money.  

Eihtball

« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2006, 03:20:04 PM »
^^^^ You and I obviously heard completely different records.  The version of "Blood Money" I heard was hardly crossover-friendly at all.  And where's this "60%-30%" shit?  There's only 7 NEW tracks where G-Unit appears, "Have A Party" and "Outta Control" don't count because they're bonus tracks.  And stop acting like my views are the majority when I'm fending off a lotta hate from cats like yourself.

Efrain

« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2006, 03:34:33 PM »
^^^^ You and I obviously heard completely different records.  The version of "Blood Money" I heard was hardly crossover-friendly at all.  And where's this "60%-30%" shit?  There's only 7 NEW tracks where G-Unit appears, "Have A Party" and "Outta Control" don't count because they're bonus tracks.  And stop acting like my views are the majority when I'm fending off a lotta hate from cats like yourself.

So "Have a party" and "Outta Control" don’t count huh? I think they sure as hell do considering Mobb Deep recorded just under a hundred songs for this project and these two some how made the final cut. 10 of the songs on this album have a guest feature, 10 out of 16 that's 62% my friend. And you must have been just listening to the first 15 seconds of each song dude because 50's fingerprints are ALL OVER THIS RECORD. Even when 50's not rapping/singing/backupvocaling/ghostwriting/ Havoc and Pee are trying to rap like him. I mean just listen, Mobb Deep are singing... SINGING! Purposely slurring words, overly annunciating vowels, harmonizing their vocals this shit sounds like a 50 Cent cover band… its as clear as day.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 03:41:31 PM by Efrain »