Author Topic: May 1st: A Day Without An Immigrant  (Read 3231 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: May 1st: A Day Without An Immigrant
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2006, 06:03:07 PM »
Why is this turning into a race issue?  Every American on this board stems from immigration, unless you're Native American.  So dissing immigration in general is assinine.  (Again, unless you're Native American and you have every justification in the world ;D)
Native Americans immigrated here too (how else did they get here?).

You picked the most irrelevant part of my post to comment on.  Besides, its a moot point anyway.  How did anyone get anywhere in the world?  Humans stem from Africa, so I guess there is no such thing as natives to any given land in the world, sans Africa?  But if you believe in evolution, we came from monkeys and who the fuck knows where they were indigenous to.

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2006, 06:05:23 PM »

Of course she didn't bang Lebron. She's pregnant with my mulatto love child. We're thinking about naming him Jermaine or Rasheed. What do you think is the better name for your interracial nephew?

You son of a bitch!!!!!!!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2006, 06:08:27 PM »
Why is this turning into a race issue?  Every American on this board stems from immigration, unless you're Native American.  So dissing immigration in general is assinine.  (Again, unless you're Native American and you have every justification in the world ;D)

I admit I probably need some enlightenment when it comes to this immigration issue, so please shed some light and show some patience here.  This is primarily associated with Mexicans, correct? Is the primary issue that it will now be a felony for employers to knowingly employ workers who are illegal?  Now there is NO DEBATE about the impact of Mexicans in the work force.  There is a meat packing plant north of the town I live in which employs 750 people, 500 of which are Mexican.  If they collectively don't show up for work, the place is basically inoperable.  So their presence is felt.

But, what is stopping them from becoming legit US citizens?  Is it a very difficult process, or is it that they would rather exploit the system?  Again, I don't know the answer and am asking honest questions.  I don't care if you're Mexican, Italian, Canadian, Cambodian, or Afghan, you should be welcome here.  But I think the only catch is that that individual be a legal US citizen.

Now obviously lots of cats in here are living in Cali, and are Mexican.  Please shed some light on the plight of your people and this issue.

A lot of the immigrants have came here illegaly so they can't apply for residency status followed by applying for U.S Citizenship.  It's possible but it's a very rare situation.  The reason it's primarily associated with Mexicans is because they are the ones that have migrated to the U.S the most, because of the size of the country and it's location.  The people debating on the side of immigrants just want to get residency status, so that they won't have a negative supply and demand effect in the work force due to fact that most of them get paid below the minimum wage.  It's just another political issue that has really been blown out of proportion since it's an election year, a la gay marriage debate. 

So if a Mexican decides the want to go to the US, and want to do it the correct way, they would apply for residency first, and would then become eligible for citizenship later?

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2006, 06:11:06 PM »
Native Americans immigrated here too (how else did they get here?).

You picked the most irrelevant part of my post to comment on.  Besides, its a moot point anyway.  How did anyone get anywhere in the world?  Humans stem from Africa, so I guess there is no such thing as natives to any given land in the world, sans Africa?  But if you believe in evolution, we came from monkeys and who the fuck knows where they were indigenous to.
I can comment on whatever part of your post I want. :P And the reason I'm not debating this is because the immigration debate has already been disscuesed several times. I don't see anything new that has been brought up (other then the topic of this thread which no one is commenting on anymore) for me to talk about.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2006, 06:11:30 PM »

I admit I probably need some enlightenment when it comes to this immigration issue, so please shed some light and show some patience here.  This is primarily associated with Mexicans, correct? Is the primary issue that it will now be a felony for employers to knowingly employ workers who are illegal?  Now there is NO DEBATE about the impact of Mexicans in the work force.  There is a meat packing plant north of the town I live in which employs 750 people, 500 of which are Mexican.  If they collectively don't show up for work, the place is basically inoperable.  So their presence is felt.

But, what is stopping them from becoming legit US citizens?  Is it a very difficult process, or is it that they would rather exploit the system?  Again, I don't know the answer and am asking honest questions.  I don't care if you're Mexican, Italian, Canadian, Cambodian, or Afghan, you should be welcome here.  But I think the only catch is that that individual be a legal US citizen.

Now obviously lots of cats in here are living in Cali, and are Mexican.  Please shed some light on the plight of your people and this issue.

A lot of the immigrants have came here illegaly so they can't apply for residency status followed by applying for U.S Citizenship.  It's possible but it's a very rare situation.  The reason it's primarily associated with Mexicans is because they are the ones that have migrated to the U.S the most, because of the size of the country and it's location.  The people debating on the side of immigrants just want to get residency status, so that they won't have a negative supply and demand effect in the work force due to fact that most of them get paid below the minimum wage.  It's just another political issue that has really been blown out of proportion since it's an election year, a la gay marriage debate. 

So if a Mexican decides the want to go to the US, and want to do it the correct way, they would apply for residency first, and would then become eligible for citizenship later?

Yeah they need to apply from Mexico.  Unless the government decides to give some immigrants residency status.  For example, one of my friends from high school is going to CSULB and he's paying for everything since he's an illegal but his parents brought him here at the age of 2 years old.  He speaks perfect english, knows very little spanish, and went to school all his years in the U.S..  Shouldn't he be able to become a citizen?  I think he should. 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2006, 06:15:21 PM »
Why is this turning into a race issue? Every American on this board stems from immigration, unless you're Native American. So dissing immigration in general is assinine. (Again, unless you're Native American and you have every justification in the world ;D)

I admit I probably need some enlightenment when it comes to this immigration issue, so please shed some light and show some patience here. This is primarily associated with Mexicans, correct? Is the primary issue that it will now be a felony for employers to knowingly employ workers who are illegal? Now there is NO DEBATE about the impact of Mexicans in the work force. There is a meat packing plant north of the town I live in which employs 750 people, 500 of which are Mexican. If they collectively don't show up for work, the place is basically inoperable. So their presence is felt.

But, what is stopping them from becoming legit US citizens? Is it a very difficult process, or is it that they would rather exploit the system? Again, I don't know the answer and am asking honest questions. I don't care if you're Mexican, Italian, Canadian, Cambodian, or Afghan, you should be welcome here. But I think the only catch is that that individual be a legal US citizen.

Now obviously lots of cats in here are living in Cali, and are Mexican. Please shed some light on the plight of your people and this issue.

A lot of the immigrants have came here illegaly so they can't apply for residency status followed by applying for U.S Citizenship. It's possible but it's a very rare situation. The reason it's primarily associated with Mexicans is because they are the ones that have migrated to the U.S the most, because of the size of the country and it's location. The people debating on the side of immigrants just want to get residency status, so that they won't have a negative supply and demand effect in the work force due to fact that most of them get paid below the minimum wage. It's just another political issue that has really been blown out of proportion since it's an election year, a la gay marriage debate.

Yeah they need to apply from Mexico. Unless the government decides to give some immigrants residency status. For example, one of my friends from high school is going to CSULB and he's paying for everything since he's an illegal but his parents brought him here at the age of 2 years old. He speaks perfect english, knows very little spanish, and went to school all his years in the U.S.. Shouldn't he be able to become a citizen? I think he should.

But isn't it on his parents to have done it the right way, and maybe he would be getting some financial aid / grants / scholarships?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2006, 06:24:29 PM »

Yeah they need to apply from Mexico.  Unless the government decides to give some immigrants residency status.  For example, one of my friends from high school is going to CSULB and he's paying for everything since he's an illegal but his parents brought him here at the age of 2 years old.  He speaks perfect english, knows very little spanish, and went to school all his years in the U.S..  Shouldn't he be able to become a citizen?  I think he should. 

I think he should be deported. Can I have his name and address so I can contact the authorities.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2006, 06:25:29 PM »

I think he should be deported. Can I have his name and address so I can contact the authorities.

Can he fuck your sister first?  Deport the people that aren't in his position first, these people are just as american as your lil bitch ass without the racism. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2006, 06:28:14 PM »
Why is this turning into a race issue? Every American on this board stems from immigration, unless you're Native American. So dissing immigration in general is assinine. (Again, unless you're Native American and you have every justification in the world ;D)

I admit I probably need some enlightenment when it comes to this immigration issue, so please shed some light and show some patience here. This is primarily associated with Mexicans, correct? Is the primary issue that it will now be a felony for employers to knowingly employ workers who are illegal? Now there is NO DEBATE about the impact of Mexicans in the work force. There is a meat packing plant north of the town I live in which employs 750 people, 500 of which are Mexican. If they collectively don't show up for work, the place is basically inoperable. So their presence is felt.

But, what is stopping them from becoming legit US citizens? Is it a very difficult process, or is it that they would rather exploit the system? Again, I don't know the answer and am asking honest questions. I don't care if you're Mexican, Italian, Canadian, Cambodian, or Afghan, you should be welcome here. But I think the only catch is that that individual be a legal US citizen.

Now obviously lots of cats in here are living in Cali, and are Mexican. Please shed some light on the plight of your people and this issue.

A lot of the immigrants have came here illegaly so they can't apply for residency status followed by applying for U.S Citizenship. It's possible but it's a very rare situation. The reason it's primarily associated with Mexicans is because they are the ones that have migrated to the U.S the most, because of the size of the country and it's location. The people debating on the side of immigrants just want to get residency status, so that they won't have a negative supply and demand effect in the work force due to fact that most of them get paid below the minimum wage. It's just another political issue that has really been blown out of proportion since it's an election year, a la gay marriage debate.

Yeah they need to apply from Mexico. Unless the government decides to give some immigrants residency status. For example, one of my friends from high school is going to CSULB and he's paying for everything since he's an illegal but his parents brought him here at the age of 2 years old. He speaks perfect english, knows very little spanish, and went to school all his years in the U.S.. Shouldn't he be able to become a citizen? I think he should.

But isn't it on his parents to have done it the right way, and maybe he would be getting some financial aid / grants / scholarships?

Okay so let's deport him to Mexico where he doesn't know the language and has no family over there. 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2006, 06:41:53 PM »

Okay so let's deport him to Mexico where he doesn't know the language and has no family over there.

You're missing the point here.  He'd never be in this predicament if his parents would have taken care of business from the get go.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2006, 06:43:28 PM »
If my parents commit a crime, should I be punished too?

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2006, 06:54:04 PM »
If my parents commit a crime, should I be punished too?

Your friend is committing a crime now.  He wouldn't be committing a crime if it weren't for his parents.  So he can thank them for making him a criminal. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2006, 06:54:54 PM »
What a pathetic way of thinking.  There are a lot of criminal kids out there, let's lock these bitches up! 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2006, 07:02:45 PM »
What a pathetic way of thinking. There are a lot of criminal kids out there, let's lock these bitches up!

Its more pathetic to take no responsibility, and instead blame everyone else except for the culprits - which are his parents.  Think about all of the advantages that your friend would have recognized had his parents not been illegals.  Blame whitey all you want, but the fact remains that if he was legal, he wouldn't have to worry about deportation / imprisonment.  Direct effect of his parents negligence.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2006, 07:04:47 PM »
Not a big advantage of growing up in Mexico.  He's not worried about deportation.  There are real criminals out there that the government pays attention to.