Author Topic: Pires confirms Villarreal offer  (Read 89 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Pires confirms Villarreal offer
« on: April 21, 2006, 08:49:46 AM »

Pires confirms Villarreal offer

Arsenal midfielder Robert Pires has revealed he has been offered a two-year contract by the Gunners' Champions League semi-final opponents Villarreal.

The Frenchman, 32, is out of contract this summer and has only been offered a one-year extension by the London club.

And he told Spanish sports daily AS: "Villarreal want me for two seasons.

"The most important thing at the moment is for me to help Arsenal get into the final. After that, if I have to talk to the people from Villarreal, I will."

Arsenal lead the Spanish outfit 1-0 following Wednesday's first leg but Pires hinted he is seriously considering their offer.

"They are a great team and I like Spain and the Spanish league," he added.

Wenger's policy of offering his over-30 players one-year deals has not been welcomed by Pires, although the likes of Jens Lehmann and Dennis Bergkamp have previously agreed similar contracts.

The international winger has also previously indicated that his role in the first team will have an impact on his decision.

He stated earlier this month: "In an ideal world I would like to stay at Arsenal.

"But the circumstances have to be right and, like every player, I want to be playing."

He is expected to make a decision on his future this month.
NO MORE WAR