Author Topic: WWE bringing back ECW full-time  (Read 620 times)

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: WWE bringing back ECW full-time
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 01:27:35 PM »
Sabu......Gea. That guy was crazy. What about people like RVD are they stayin wit wwe or go back 2 ECW?

There's been talk of having RVD cash his money in the bank contract at ONS and either proclaiming it as the ECW world title or trashing the title on TV, assuming he wins.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 10:31:33 PM »
ECW news update

by Dave Meltzer

Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

As of the end of meetings today, Vince McMahon decided that ECW would take the place of Velocity.

In other words, the show would be taped prior to Smackdown every Tuesday and until a new time slot is secured in the U.S., would remain an internet property show. Velocity, at least for the present, would cease to exist. Negotiations are going on to attempt to get it on U.S. television.

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 10:38:12 PM »
I don't think he'd have any trouble getting a timeslot somewhere for ecw.  I'm sure Vince (or whoever handles that) could easily show that he's resurrecting a dead brand that was quasi-succesful in the past, and can also show the PPV numbers for the show last year (which was very successful), and can also show DVD receipts and ratings information surrounding some of the prime ECW guys that he's had signed before.  Any exec who knows his shit would take a bargain on all the hardcore fans tagging onto ECW heavy. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 10:42:07 PM »
I heard they were gonna give ECW the AM Raw timeslot......I didn't even know what the hell AM Raw was until today and that show has been on for awhile now.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE