Author Topic: Kobe Bryant to change jersey # from #8 to #24  (Read 1554 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kobe Bryant to change jersey # from #8 to #24
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2006, 11:19:10 AM »
Any elite player would be hated on for changing their number.  Kobe isn't a special case. 

Really? People were sucking Jordan's dick when he changed it to 45...What is the hate for, it makes no sense? It's a personal decision. Maybe he likes the number more now, who knows? Whatever it may be (if it's even true), it definitely doesn't deserve to get hated on...PeACe

Nobody was sucking Jordan's dick because of the number change.  Jordan's number change wasn't a personal decision, he was forced to get a new number.  The only logical reason to change the number is to give his image a rebirth and to generate more money.  There is nothing wrong with that of course but you can't deny that it screams "attention whore"

Sikotic™

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2006, 11:21:48 AM »
And why is this making news?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2006, 11:23:25 AM »
And this is making news why?

The jersey number of a player, especially a future HOF, is very precious in sports.  People associate numbers to players moreso than their names sometimes. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2006, 11:24:26 AM »
Any elite player would be hated on for changing their number.  Kobe isn't a special case. 

Really? People were sucking Jordan's dick when he changed it to 45...What is the hate for, it makes no sense? It's a personal decision. Maybe he likes the number more now, who knows? Whatever it may be (if it's even true), it definitely doesn't deserve to get hated on...PeACe

Nobody was sucking Jordan's dick because of the number change.  Jordan's number change wasn't a personal decision, he was forced to get a new number.  The only logical reason to change the number is to give his image a rebirth and to generate more money.  There is nothing wrong with that of course but you can't deny that it screams "attention whore"

What? LMAO...Ron Artest changes his number every year. I highly doubt it has anything to do with attention, number 8 draws way more attention than 24. It's a personal decision, we don't know why. Maybe he likes it, maybe it means something more to him now? Jordan coulda' taken 23, but decided he was gunna change it...It was a personal decision, just like Kobe...But of course, Kobe gets hated for wanting to change his number! LMAO. Grow up, people...

BTW, anyone remember this?:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=3704.0

Doubt it's gunna get changed...

Sikotic™

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2006, 11:26:13 AM »
And this is making news why?

The jersey number of a player, especially a future HOF, is very precious in sports.  People associate numbers to players moreso than their names sometimes. 

True, true.....very retarded, but true.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2006, 11:35:27 AM »

What? LMAO...Ron Artest changes his number every year. I highly doubt it has anything to do with attention, number 8 draws way more attention than 24. It's a personal decision, we don't know why. Maybe he likes it, maybe it means something more to him now? Jordan coulda' taken 23, but decided he was gunna change it...It was a personal decision, just like Kobe...But of course, Kobe gets hated for wanting to change his number! LMAO. Grow up, people...

BTW, anyone remember this?:
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=3704.0

Doubt it's gunna get changed...

Ron Artest isn't an elite player and is not headed to the HOF.  Number 8 will now be a throwback and mostly every die hard Kobe/Laker fan will want to get Kobe's new jersey 24, so wether Kobe wanted to do this a marketing idea or not it's gonna end up working that way anyhow.  It wasn't a personal decision with Jordan, he literally couldn't take 23.  Stop being paranoid with this whole Kobe vs The World belief. 

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2006, 11:43:59 AM »
jordan had to wear #45 cuz #23 was retired when he came back.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2006, 03:04:59 PM »
Jordan could have asked them to unretire it, you guys honestly think he wasnt great enough? While you're claiming I'm having Kobe vs. the world delusions, you're spitting out false accusations of Kobe doing this as some sort of greedy marketing scheme...Come on now, don't be so hypocritical...All I'm saying is that it's just a fuckin number, and if he wants to change it, fine, that's up to him...It's beyond ridiculous to over-analyze it and go as far as hate on him over HIS number HE decided to change...And on top of that, I doubt it'll even change...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2006, 03:51:15 PM »
Jordan could have asked them to unretire it, you guys honestly think he wasnt great enough? While you're claiming I'm having Kobe vs. the world delusions, you're spitting out false accusations of Kobe doing this as some sort of greedy marketing scheme...Come on now, don't be so hypocritical...All I'm saying is that it's just a fuckin number, and if he wants to change it, fine, that's up to him...It's beyond ridiculous to over-analyze it and go as far as hate on him over HIS number HE decided to change...And on top of that, I doubt it'll even change...

-The NBA would not allow that. The NBA wasn't going to let a player change their rules, no matter how good he is. 
-Nobody has accused him of a marketing scheme, it's just going to end up happening wether he wanted to do it or not. 
-It being a logical decision to make more money doesn't mean im accusing him of doing that
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 04:01:17 PM by Javy Iz Inactive At the Moment »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2006, 04:16:04 PM »

-The NBA would not allow that. The NBA wasn't going to let a player change their rules, no matter how good he is. 
-Nobody has accused him of a marketing scheme, it's just going to end up happening wether he wanted to do it or not. 
-It being a logical decision to make more money doesn't mean im accusing him of doing that

It doesn't matter, they can un-retire numbers...When Malone came to the Lakers, Magic was willing to un-retire 32 for him, but Malone decided to go with 11...There have been many cases of players un-retiring numbers by request...But that's not the point. The point is that there is nothing to hate on, it's not a negative thing or anything like that. He has reasoning behind it, we can't sit there and stipulate and hate on shit we've made up in our minds...A number means nothing if the player ain't shit...All that matters to me is that Kobe comes back next year and carries on his legacy with the Lakers until his tremendous career is over...PeACe

Canuck

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2006, 04:22:47 PM »
Jordan wore #23 because he admired his bigger brother Larry, who wore #45 at Laney High School. 23 is half of 45, rounded up, because he wanted to be at least half the player his brother was...so Kobe should change his number to 12 :P

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2006, 04:25:16 PM »
Attention Fucking Whore

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2006, 04:28:15 PM »
24 ain't got nothing to do with kobe showing up jordan by 1, it's him showing up lebron by 1 ha 8)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2006, 04:30:15 PM »
24 ain't got nothing to do with kobe showing up jordan by 1, it's him showing up lebron by 1 ha 8)

In that case, he better change it to 94...

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2006, 04:34:26 PM »
lol^