Author Topic: The Outlawz And Dead Prez Unite for New Album  (Read 318 times)

Mr. Humonculous

The Outlawz And Dead Prez Unite for New Album
« on: April 24, 2006, 07:40:48 PM »
The Outlawz And dead prez Unite for New Album
By Chris Richburg

The Outlawz and political rap duo dead prez are hooking up to record a new album titled Can't Sell Dope Forever.

Featuring appearances from Bone Thugs-N-Harmony member Layzie Bone and Messy Marv, the project aims to spark dialogue, while urging unity, power and progression in the streets.

The album title was inspired by Miseducated Society, a streetwise clothing company based in Atlanta whose "Can't Sell Dope Forever" tee has become a staple in southern hoods, echoing the need for change without preaching down to its intended audience.

Both the Outlawz and dead prez insist there are other ways to be empowered beyond selling drugs and glorifying the drug game.

Can't Sell Dope Forever also boasts cameos from newcomers Stormey and Malachi, as well as dead prez member stic.man's mother Nora, who appears on the track "Believe."

The album will be the first release from Affluent Records, a New York-based label headed by Oscar Sanchez, formerly of Def Jam and Violator.

The company, modeled in the same vein as Def Jam and Bad Boy, is distributed by Caroline/EMI.

"Dead prez and the Outlawz are some of the most explosive acts in the market today and we are very happy and proud to be able to launch Affluent with these world class acts," said Sanchez. "I love their movement and respect their business. I've always been a fan. Now I get the chance to show the world with them their overall vision."

A contest will also be launched to coincide with the album, which hits stores later this year.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5603

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: The Outlawz And Dead Prez Unite for New Album
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 08:34:32 PM »
 :o

now that's what I'm talking about... real hip-hop

AndrE16686

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 12:11:16 AM »
^ Gyeah!, hopefully they got sum good production behind them! They should hook up wit Immortal Technique too! And continue to spit about shit like leavin the gas on in the Bush ranch!

:firedevil:

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 06:07:42 AM »
bout time this album comes out! lol

but i look forward to this... the outlawz have released dope albums this year ;)

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 08:33:05 AM »
bout time this album comes out! lol

but i look forward to this... the outlawz have released dope albums this year ;)

and dead prez have consistently put out solid albums.

Peacock

• 'G'
  • but no worries, I protected my "investment"
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 10:50:26 AM »
damn i hope that outlawz get some good ghost writters and noble should learn to flow

Elevz

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 01:30:10 PM »
damn i hope that outlawz get some good ghost writters and noble should learn to flow

My thoughts exactly. I seriously hope they step their game up, because judging from their past they really won't be able to keep up with dead prez. That's what could turn this album into a disappointment.

Or poppy love songs.

arsonist

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Shanti Bananas
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 01:36:47 PM »
this sound dope, shit i can't wait. outlaws are the shit, real and true hip-hop.

J Bananas

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 04:29:42 PM »
lookin forward to outlawz but im a little sick of dp's constant black revolution bullshit, you're not threatening you never drop any real deep lyrics!

AndrE16686

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 01:26:26 AM »
lookin forward to outlawz but im a little sick of dp's constant black revolution bullshit, you're not threatening you never drop any real deep lyrics!

Yeah its pretty brain dead how they like to jus blame everything on tha white devil, i get their message but they frequently over-do it, otherwise their content is what hip-hop needs. Hope theres some sick lyrical intelligence on this album. Great expectations.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 03:39:39 AM »
Should be interesting...I'll check it.