Author Topic: Should we legalize drugs?  (Read 4856 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Should we legalize drugs?
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2006, 07:52:03 AM »
the government should outlaw cigarettes and alcohol; and institute universal health care at the same time.  and also a nationwide fitness program.

the government should be willing to take care of people, and also ensure that people are taking care of themselves by desisting from smoking, drinking and getting regular excercise.

marijuana should be made legal; but only when smoked via a water bong (water filtration removes the carcinogenic particules in the smoke), or consumed in food or in tea.

health first!

That's ridiculous. Cigarettes do not significantly alter mindstates to a level where one loses competence, and it creates many jobs.
Alcohol has numerous health benefits when used in moderation, and one can consume alcohol and not be drunk as long as it is done slowly and in moderation.

And people should take care of themselves, fuck governments in general.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2006, 10:59:21 AM »
The only reason a bong is hurting your throats is most likely because you take in a lot more smoke at once with a bong. Bongs also DO NOT waste less weed, they wast the most weed, because you're burning the weed directly with a flame...Lets see how many more "rumors" I can disprove in this thread...

joints are burning constantly, you have smoke which goes into the air which is un-smoked. if you smoke a bong slowly, you will smoke every last granule of it. without wasting it unless you cough it out.

when you smoke bongs, the smoke reaches parts of your lungs which joints/blunts/pipes cant reach. you take in more smoke, and the smoke travels deaper. you also get water vapour in your lungs from the smoke passing through h20.

ask anyone that takes drugs, what has greater side effects, coke or ecstacy. ecstacy is even graded class B drug, not like free-base, coke, crack coke, ice or heroin, all of these are class A drugs.

Okay, I'm sorry, but you're just ignorant. Even when they sell you a bong, they have signs that tell you how "water-pipes" filter the smoke and remove 50% of toxins from smoke. I didn't even think this was debatable, when you're smoking a joint, it's not filtered whatsoever, the smoke is passing straight into your lungs, which is really bad for you. I can't even believe I'm debating this...And I can't believe I have to debate whether ecstacy is worse for you than coke...WCC is a funny place...LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2006, 11:02:24 AM »

lol @ every week smoker being an expert... self-justify all you like.. i'm telling you weed _does_ have bad affects.. especially psychologically.. everyone i've known who's toked "a lot" (i'm talking about as an everyday thang.. not socially) has ended up a 'sketchy' stay indoors in the dark, reclusive kinda person. just to make the point again before people jump on this.. i'm not saying that 'casual' usage has this affect.. but extended continuous usage definitely does.

Well, that's pretty weak that those are your prime examples of weed-smokers...I know a lot of people who smoke on a regular basis and go out to clubs, parties, raves, and have a lot more fun than some people who don't. The "lazy-sketchy-pothead" image is nothing more than a stereotype, though it does apply to many...

Diabolical

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2006, 12:30:36 PM »
Ecstacy is definatly worse than cocaine and even heroin because lets face it the health services give heroin to patients everyday.

Ecstasy fucks up your brain, it raises your body tempreture so much and theres no telling what its been made with, atleast with coke theres less chance of it being cut with anything "abnormal".

Don Seer

« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2006, 03:09:36 PM »

patients dont gert heroin they get morphine which is not the same thing as heroin (diacetylmorphine)

i've had morphine in a hospital and that shit is MAD crazy..

i know people that have been taking extasy (and in the last 4 years doing bombs of MDMA or even snorting it (yes its rough as shit) ) and they show no ill effects.. i've heard a few people say they get a weird depression if they dont take them for a while.. but only a few odd people who got into doing it too much..

as for coke.. i dunno.. i know people i never thought would do drugs who take a lot of coke.. and the friends i know who have taken a lot of drugs over the years say that coke is shit..

lol @ every week smoker being an expert... self-justify all you like.. i'm telling you weed _does_ have bad affects.. especially psychologically.. everyone i've known who's toked "a lot" (i'm talking about as an everyday thang.. not socially) has ended up a 'sketchy' stay indoors in the dark, reclusive kinda person. just to make the point again before people jump on this.. i'm not saying that 'casual' usage has this affect.. but extended continuous usage definitely does.

Well, that's pretty weak that those are your prime examples of weed-smokers...I know a lot of people who smoke on a regular basis and go out to clubs, parties, raves, and have a lot more fun than some people who don't. The "lazy-sketchy-pothead" image is nothing more than a stereotype, though it does apply to many...

regular or daily?  i'm talking your "get out of bed and have a spliff for breakfast" kind of guy.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2006, 03:36:49 PM »

patients dont gert heroin they get morphine which is not the same thing as heroin (diacetylmorphine)

i've had morphine in a hospital and that shit is MAD crazy..

i know people that have been taking extasy (and in the last 4 years doing bombs of MDMA or even snorting it (yes its rough as shit) ) and they show no ill effects.. i've heard a few people say they get a weird depression if they dont take them for a while.. but only a few odd people who got into doing it too much..

as for coke.. i dunno.. i know people i never thought would do drugs who take a lot of coke.. and the friends i know who have taken a lot of drugs over the years say that coke is shit..

regular or daily?  i'm talking your "get out of bed and have a spliff for breakfast" kind of guy.

Daily...

Even I'm a daily smoker and don't fit your description at all.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2006, 03:40:38 PM »
Some dudes get fat from burgers, some don't - some dudes get their life sucked out of their flesh from weed, some don't. I know some nigga who had to go to the hospital because of drugs for rehabilitation. He always said he just smokes weed and nothing else, however I don't know if that was true. Probably not lol.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ecrazy

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2006, 03:43:49 PM »

Both Bad, but since they are both legal I indulge in both. Neither helps out society like weed could, but dumb ass people who do dumb ass things fuck it up for the people who need it. No one needs to drink or smoke ciggarettes, but people do it and it has become acceptable in society to drink and "be merry" and smoke cigarettes and it will not happen with weed unless the people who are using it that dont need it stop. I am FOR legalizing weed, but only for the people who need it.

LMAO. You smoke cigarettes and drink because it's acceptable??...YOU'RE STRAIGHT WEAKSAUCE, SON.
OH MAN, YOUR SO HARDCORE,....YOU SMOKE WEED!!! OH MAN, AND TRIP OFF MUSHROOMS AND ACID AT THE SAME TIME!!! OH MAN, AND YOU WORK FOR YOUR DADDY AND HAVE A GIRLFRIEND ON DUBCC AT THE SAME TIME!!

please kid, i was making a point, idiots like you who abuse something that has a potential to help someone live a little longer or not suffer should be shot in the face, your a pathetic excuse for a life.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2006, 03:45:40 PM »
You 2 niggaz really can't stand each other or is this all just an act?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

ecrazy

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2006, 03:49:39 PM »
You 2 niggaz really can't stand each other or is this all just an act?
Im Proving a point.....and having fuun too!  ;D

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2006, 03:53:18 PM »
I co sign what seer is sayin. Being a daily head after a while starts fuckin wit u
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2006, 04:28:39 PM »

Both Bad, but since they are both legal I indulge in both. Neither helps out society like weed could, but dumb ass people who do dumb ass things fuck it up for the people who need it. No one needs to drink or smoke ciggarettes, but people do it and it has become acceptable in society to drink and "be merry" and smoke cigarettes and it will not happen with weed unless the people who are using it that dont need it stop. I am FOR legalizing weed, but only for the people who need it.

LMAO. You smoke cigarettes and drink because it's acceptable??...YOU'RE STRAIGHT WEAKSAUCE, SON.
OH MAN, YOUR SO HARDCORE,....YOU SMOKE WEED!!! OH MAN, AND TRIP OFF MUSHROOMS AND ACID AT THE SAME TIME!!! OH MAN, AND YOU WORK FOR YOUR DADDY AND HAVE A GIRLFRIEND ON DUBCC AT THE SAME TIME!!

please kid, i was making a point, idiots like you who abuse something that has a potential to help someone live a little longer or not suffer should be shot in the face, your a pathetic excuse for a life.

You're point is about as dumb as it gets. How do I abuse weed? LMAO. Because I enjoy smoking it? Your point is that someone who smokes weed for enjoyment is a "pathetic piece of life"...Your 'points' are moronic, and your brain level is equivelant to that of a monkey's, which is why no one has any respect for you... :-*

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2006, 04:49:44 PM »
Quote from: Habeeb Chief Mohammed Chubacca Imam Wookie Hadooken
a bong is definetly not 'healthier'.. ask your G.P.

and drugs shouldnt be legalized, you could 'de-criminalize' certain drugs, such as weed and ecstacy... but having coke, crack, ice or heroin legalized, thats just asking for trouble.

there have been several studies on the matter, which have revealed a decrease in carcinogenic particles in the smoke, decrease in compounds that induce a catatonic state (so it's a cleaner high), and a reduce in particles that are detrimental to the immune system.  the conclusion is that water filtration is the safest way to smoke marijuana (or tobacco).

here's a paper on the issue:
http://www.neurophys.wisc.edu/~cozzi/maps4-4-93.html

here are highlights, i've edited it for brevity.  the original paper has references to the original studies.

In the late 1970's, a group based at the University of Athens Medical School (Greece) conducted a series of chemical and pharmacological studies on marijuana and tobacco smoke. <snip>Pharmacological tests (in mice) revealed that some of the water-trapped marijuana compounds were responsible for producing catatonia and for suppressing spontaneous motor activity. In contrast, the water-filtered smoke itself did not affect spontaneous motor activity and did not induce catatonia, though it was richer in THC.
<snip>
Research has shown that water filtration reduces both the amount of particulate matter and the number and quantity of toxic substances in the smoke that passes through it. In a 1963 study by Hoffman et al.,5 the water pipe was found to retain 90% of the phenol and 50% of the particulate matter and benzo-a-pyrene of the original tobacco smoke. In another study,6 tobacco smoke components that were passed through a water pipe showed only a minor hyperplasic reaction and no sebaceous gland destruction when they were painted onto mouse skin.
<snip>
Recently, Dr. Gary Huber at the University of Texas and colleagues from Harvard's School of Public Health conducted a cellular toxicity study of marijuana and tobacco smoke.8 This research group showed that passing marijuana or tobacco smoke through water, or even exposing the smoke to a wetted surface of about 48 square inches, effectively removed substances (acrolein and acetaldehyde) which are toxic to alveolar macrophages. Alveolar macrophages are one of the major defense cells of the lung and are an important component of the immune system.
<snip>
In summary, it appears that water filtration can be effective in removing components from marijuana smoke that are known toxicants, while allowing the THC to pass through relatively intact. <snip> While individuals vary greatly in their smoking technique, state of health, dosing regimen, and so on, it seems that many patients could benefit from the use of water pipes to deliver THC. This would allow patients to titrate their dose easily while reducing the health hazard associated with smoke.

"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Diabolical

« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2006, 05:21:12 PM »

Surely the effects are similar though?

ecrazy

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2006, 05:45:58 PM »

You're point is about as dumb as it gets. How do I abuse weed? LMAO. Because I enjoy smoking it? Your point is that someone who smokes weed for enjoyment is a "pathetic piece of life"...Your 'points' are moronic, and your brain level is equivelant to that of a monkey's, which is why no one has any respect for you... :-*
hahaha, you trying to justify yourself is hilarious

All The People at the city of hope who really would like to have some weed to help their stomach cancer or help their glaucoma really cant, because dumbfucks like you who get caught with weed, baggies and a scale give weed a bad name....you really have no use for weed, other than for "Enjoyment", they have a need for it, they cant use it, You ARE a pathetic excuse for a life because you will continue to Use it and not give a fuck.