Author Topic: KOBE = GREATEST OF ALL TIME  (Read 2709 times)

wcsoldier

Re: KOBE = GREATEST OF ALL TIME
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 10:08:35 AM »
Lol WTF , find one post in which I diss Jordan , he's the GOAT .... you have no argument to justify  the hate towards kobe that's it

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2006, 10:09:35 AM »
Fuck people like Javy who try to take away from Kobe's greatness b/c he played with Shaq.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2006, 10:09:47 AM »
Lol WTF , find one post in which I diss Jordan , he's the GOAT .... you have no argument to justify  the hate towards kobe that's it

Re-read what I wrote.  I never accused you of that. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2006, 10:10:31 AM »
Fuck people like Javy who try to take away from Kobe's greatness b/c he played with Shaq.

Fuck You for being an ignorant basketball fan. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2006, 10:12:54 AM »
say he doesnt reach jordans status,will Kobe go down as the 2nd best player to ever play the game?

Usually they rank them as Guards and C/PF, but yes Kobe will be the 2nd best guard even if he doesnt win another title.  Let's not kid ourselves though, the reason Kobe has accomplished more at 27 than Jordan at 27 is because of some dude they had at Center a few years back.  Jordan was given the role of leader out of college, so he's never been a sidekick.  Imagine if Jordan had a dominant Center before 1991?  Anyhow, Jordan still got his title at 27 with him being the leader, Kobe hasn't done that and is barely in the process of that.  Also, Jordan's year at 27 is still better than Kobe's 2006, Jordan was much more efficient. 

I'm sorry, but that's wrong. Jordan never took a team with starters that would be in the NBDL if it wasn't for him and made them a dangerous team, as Kobe has this year. Jordan always had Pippen, even without Jordan, the Bulls were strong in the playoffs...As for Jordan being more efficient...You could look at Jordan the wrong way and get called for a foul. Kobe doesn't get that respect from the refs, he gets pounded when he takes it in without calls, and with the new zone-defense rule, that has him settling for a lot more jump-shots...And like I've pointed out numerous times, Jordan only has a higher FG% because he didn't take NEARLY as many three's as Kobe, which obviously drops your percentage...Like I said, we'll see when it's all said and done. ;)

-Jordan was still #1, Pippen was still #2...Jordan was still the most important piece. 
-So is it Jordan's fault that he's just smarter than Kobe then?  If Kobe knows that him shooting 3s hurt him more than help, then why doesn't he change his approach? By the time he changes his approach, he won't be able to drive to the basket as often and thanks to that his efficiency when it comes to FGs will still be lower. 

What the hell are you saying? Shooting threes doesn't hurt Kobe, he has a good percantage (35%). Jordan was never any good at shooting from long-range (one of his few weaknesses, which happens to be a Kobe strength), so he took very few threes. The fact that Kobe IS a good three point shooter means he WILL take more threes. Now, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that a player who shoots more threes will have a lower shooting percentage overall, because if you're shooting in the 30's percentage-wise from downtown, then that's considered good. In no way does that hurt Kobe though, because a three counts for more points, and Kobe can hit them like Jordan never could...I don't understand why you think that hurts him? Is shooting threes supposed to be a weakness? Cuz shooting threes WILL lower your overall shooting percentage, no matter who you are...PeACe
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 12:29:59 PM by Now_Im_Blowed »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2006, 10:15:39 AM »
I'll take the opinion of NBA Researchers over you, sorry. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2006, 10:18:28 AM »

NBA Reserearchers say Nash is MVP. :-X

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2006, 10:20:39 AM »

Wrong, that's the media.   The NBA Researchers that I read don't get to vote.  They have 8-9 players ahead of Nash for the MVP

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2006, 10:28:16 AM »

Wrong, that's the media.   The NBA Researchers that I read don't get to vote.  They have 8-9 players ahead of Nash for the MVP

I AM an NBA Researcher... 8)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2006, 12:08:46 PM »

like who?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2006, 12:23:13 PM »
Who's ahead of Nash?

Dirk, Kobe, Wade, Garnett, Iverson, Brand, Pierce, Arenas, Marion, and you can make a case for Billups over him. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2006, 12:27:24 PM »
Who's ahead of Nash?

Dirk, Kobe, Wade, Garnett, Iverson, Brand, Pierce, Arenas, Marion, and you can make a case for Billups over him. 

I think he means which NBA Researcher...

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2006, 12:29:48 PM »
Ed Peterson, Rosenbaum, Oliver, Hollinger and others. 

ABN

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2006, 12:46:37 PM »
Kobe´s great no doubt, but why not wait another couple of years and see if he keeps this up. in terms of playing Kobe might be better then MJ but would Kobe be playin this way if MJ wouldn´t have revolutionized basketball? probably not, but if Kobe can keep this up for 5 more years then he´s one of the best athletes of his generation(and i´m talkin about all sports).

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2006, 08:57:09 PM »
I won't say calling Kobe the GOAT is absurd like I did before but you'll need to wait a few years to make such a bold assertion. You still have the legacy of Kareem, Magic, Bird and Jordan and Kobe hasn't gotten there yet. In order for Kobe to be mentioned in the same breath as those guys will be if he wins at least another title as the undisputed leader of the team. He needs to do that before he can be mentioned in the same breath as the all-time greats. Is he the best player out there right now? Yes. Is he the best of all time? There's no way you can say that at this current time.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels