Author Topic: Robben denies Chelsea exit report  (Read 109 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Robben denies Chelsea exit report
« on: May 02, 2006, 03:09:31 PM »

Robben denies Chelsea exit report

Chelsea winger Arjen Robben has denied he is unhappy at Stamford Bridge and wants to leave the club.

The 22-year-old also admitted he has not produced his best form for the Premiership champions, despite helping them seal back-to-back titles.

"I can assure you that that is not true," he told Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad when asked if he would be leaving Chelsea in the summer.

But he revealed he had hoped to play a "more important role this season".

He added: "During my first year I could easily make the difference in the game, something that I have not been able to do in the past months.

"I didn't have a great start to the season. I had trouble with some injuries.

"I also believe that other players have managed to prepare and defend themselves more against my way of playing."

Robben has struggled to recapture his best form since February 2005 when he broke two bones in his foot in a tackle from Blackburn's Aaron Mokoena.

But, despite his indifferent form, he insisted his team-mates "fully deserved this title".

He said: "It is in the hands of the rightful owner. We built up a large lead early in the season and we managed to keep it up all the way through."
NO MORE WAR