Poll

Which one of these great Laker buzzer beaters is the best?

Kobe Shot
2 (15.4%)
Fisher Shot
1 (7.7%)
Horry Shot
10 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: you pick the laker shot!  (Read 568 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: you pick the laker shot!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 06:11:52 AM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: you pick the laker shot!
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 10:09:59 AM »
Out of those it has to be Horry's. But my favorite Lakers clutch shot was when Kobe hit the shot against Portland (when Ruben Patterson was all on him) to push it to overtime. Then hit the gamewinning 3 in overtime. That one is on youtube too, someone post that

here u go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z71Ytq0K2w&search=kobe%20portland

dayum i remember thinkin back in the day that paul sunderland sucked as a commentator (this was after chick hearn passed away of course)

but paul sunderland SHITS on our current play-by-play commentator. i dont even kno his name, but he sounds bored as fuck almost all the time

Joel Myers is okay. I liked Paul Sunderland, he started sounding a little like Chick at some point. I was diappointed when the Lakers fired him, I wanted to see him back...But Joel Myers has been doing a pretty good job, I like that deep voice, it's just that he sounds too optimistic sometimes, he always says the words "Lakers ONLY down by...", even when the deficit is bad...Nonetheless, he keeps me listening, and he knows his shit...PeACe

i actually heard rite now from my friend that joel used to commentate for the spurs, but supposedly never cared for the team in his final years there. dunno how true that is tho, lol

but i do think he has good optimism, even if its too optimistic. my only complaint about paul sunderland was that sometimes he sounded too dissappointed wit the lakers, even if the game wasnt over yet.

anyone kno y paul sunderland was fired tho? was there any specific reason or was the staff just not happy with him?

They just wanted a change after the horrible 2004-2005 season. I actually really like our radio-broadcaster, Spero Dedes, he's better and sounds more intelligent than Joel Meyers. As for Joel Meyers commentating for the Spurs, yes, it's true...He also did commentary for baseball and football, he's a uni-sports commentator... I prefer commentators who keep their focus on basketball...PeACe