Author Topic: Daz Feeling 'Gangsta' On So So Def Debut  (Read 285 times)

christimbs

• Lil Geezy
Daz Feeling 'Gangsta' On So So Def Debut
« on: May 04, 2006, 12:25:06 PM »
Billboard: Daz Feeling 'Gangsta' On So So Def Debut

May 03, 2006, 11:05 AM ET

Clover Hope, N.Y.

Rapper/producer Daz Dillinger, one-half of Tha Dogg Pound, will on Aug. 1 release his So So Def/Virgin debut "So So Gangsta." The set features appearances from Jagged Edge, Johnta Austin, Kurupt and Rick Ross, as well as production by Jermaine Dupri, Scott Storch and No ID.

Dupri also served as executive producer of the album. The first single is "On Some Real S***" featuring Rick Ross. "It's music that goes all the way around, that appeals to everyone," says Daz of the new offering. "We hit everything."

"So So Gangsta" will be the follow-up to Daz' 2000 sophomore disc "R.A.W.," which was released through his indie label Dogg Pound Records. In 2003, Daz signed to Dupri's So So Def/Jive imprint. Dupri relocated So So Def to Virgin last January when he was named president of urban music at the label.

"They can take me to that next plateau and I can take them to that next plateau as far as the West Coast," says Daz. "The fans just want to hear that Dogg Pound sound, and JD knows it."

Daz and partner Kurupt released their first album "Dogg Food" (Death Row) in 1995 as Tha Dogg Pound. The duo's new album with Snoop Dogg, "Cali Iz Active," is due June 27 via Doggy Style label/Koch. The group is touring with Ice Cube through June.

Daz also recently directed his first documentary "My Summer Vacation," about street life in St. Louis. The film is due in 2007.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002461969

MIC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Daz Feeling 'Gangsta' On So So Def Debut
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 01:25:21 PM »
Ask Daz when his autobiography is coming out. I remember a few months ago some other guy from his street team saying here
that the book was almost finished  ;) 

Eihtball

christimbs

• Lil Geezy
Re: Daz Feeling 'Gangsta' On So So Def Debut
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 06:36:37 PM »
Have you checked out the "on some real sh*t" joint featuring Rick Ross? its hot!  I downloaded it from www.d-p-g-c.com

His album is gonna be banging!