Author Topic: Spurs vs Mavs Western Conference Semi-Finals  (Read 2641 times)

wcsoldier

Spurs vs Mavs Western Conference Semi-Finals
« on: May 06, 2006, 11:19:04 AM »
Let's discuss this matchup, I'll drop my thoughts later.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 01:34:43 PM by wcsoldier »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Spurs vs Mavs Western Conference Semi-Final
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 01:33:19 PM »
The 2 best teams in the west face eachother in the SEMI-Finals...Tha NBA really needs to fix its playoff scheduling in the near future.

wcsoldier

Re: Spurs vs Mavs Western Conference Semi-Finals
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 01:37:35 PM »
^^ Apparently there are talks about it.. but it will be the same for the next season at least , Denver number 3 was the worst team in these playoffs

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 01:40:29 PM »
^^ Apparently there are talks about it.. but it will be the same for the next season at least , Denver number 3 was the worst team in these playoffs

Yes...It's pretty much a disgrace. Memphis had a better record than the Clippers, but they were forced to face the 2nd best team in the west, while the Clippers got to face the worst team in the west...How does that make ANY sense?

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 04:41:19 PM »

Yes...It's pretty much a disgrace. Memphis had a better record than the Clippers, but they were forced to face the 2nd best team in the west, while the Clippers got to face the worst team in the west...How does that make ANY sense?

it doesnt.
its almost as bad as the bowl championship series which is just downright awful and ugly.
i actually think that the mavs can win this series. the spurs r built for the playoffs and if duncan wakes up then theyre gonna take it but i think whoever does win this series will go on the the finals and have a good shot at hoisting the trophy when its all said and done.

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 07:36:23 PM »
it's going to be a great match up, i say the Spurs in 7
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 01:50:32 AM »
should be a great matchup, Mavs can do it but for some reasons I think SAS will advance coz even if they had improved a lot defense wise, I don't see how Dallas gonna prevent Parker and Gino going to the hoop.. plus Dirk has been in trouble vs Bowen , he has to post him up and pass the ball but that ain't his game at all.. Spurs in 7

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 01:59:32 AM »
thats cuz of the gayass divions thing they got, but i think they're changing that

dallas is my second pick i hope they win the championship this year. they got a great team, great coach, great bench, and they're improving on the defensive end
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 10:18:07 AM »
Tim Duncan is the ref's little bitch, that nigga gets every damn call. But Dampier is tight so far today  :o
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 10:38:59 AM »
good game so far by both teams. kinda surprised the mavs got 29 though in the quarter. duncan is playin well as well and his game is still as boring as ever.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 10:45:38 AM »
All Mavericks centers will foul out if refs keep sending Duncan to the line for nothing.. it ridiculous.. you apparently arent allowed to move if you defend Duncan near the basket
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 10:52:55 AM by 7 »
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 10:47:02 AM »
^^ yep offensive game, Duncan is doing some damage and Dallas big men are in foul trouble... Duncan had some cheap calls, that's NBA nowadays : no contact at all authorized

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 11:04:38 AM »
^^ yep offensive game, Duncan is doing some damage and Dallas big men are in foul trouble... Duncan had some cheap calls, that's NBA nowadays : no contact at all authorized

NBA is too fuckin soft nowadays. u got a pg leading the league in fg% and like 5 players averaging more than 30 ppg.

wcsoldier

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 11:07:46 AM »

NBA is too fuckin soft nowadays. u got a pg leading the league in fg% and like 5 players averaging more than 30 ppg.
exactly do u think TP would go to the hoop again and again 10 years ago with all these dominant centers ? Hell naw

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 12:08:25 PM »
Damn, that's a great game

LOL@ ginobili, what an actor.. fag

I swear if it was Duncan and not Dirk drivin to the basket now, the refs woulda call a foul

2 down, 14 secs to go.... shiiit
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 12:36:22 PM by 7 »
No, it's not a sin