Author Topic: De la Hoya dominates Mayorga  (Read 476 times)

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
De la Hoya dominates Mayorga
« on: May 06, 2006, 09:44:15 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2435518

didnt watch the fight but it sounds as if de la hoya controlled the the entire fight. looks  like a mayweather vs de la hoya blockbuster fight may be in the works in september. ;D

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: De la Hoya dominates Mayorga
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 09:47:10 PM »
I think De La Hoya is done. He said he wanted to retire as the champ.

Sparegeez

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 09:58:30 PM »
Who was the favorite in that fight? I did think Oscar would win this fight.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 10:50:51 PM »
Serves Mayorga right, his so disrespectful

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 12:08:55 AM »
supposedly mayorga apologized 2 de la hoya for every bad thing he said, and de la hoya forgave him

i hope he doesnt retire

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8

Big BpG

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 12:33:35 AM »
I watched the fight. Mayogra stood no chance from the opening bell. However, Mayogra is a very powerful puncher. One hit could send you flying, and he almost sent Oscar to the canvas in the third round. He threw a vicious uppercut. Yet, within a minute of the fight, Mayogra already tasted canvas after De La Hoya sent him to the ground with a great combination. Mayogra is not known for defense. When he fought trinidad he never blocked. He's a street fighter, just swing and hope you hit him. He swung, and he swung a lot, but De La Hoya blocked every punch. In the end De La Hoya just dominated. There was not a moment of slow down. The fight was very eventful and De La Hoya had a great action packed night.

In the end, I don't think this fight proves that Oscar still has it... I think it proves that Mayogra is not as good as everyone thought. He talked a lot of shit before the fight, but in the end, he couldn't walk any of it.

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 02:11:09 AM »
I'm happy I was wrong. It's just that De La Hoya has been pushing himself against bigger dudes and I took those as serious loses and thought he didn't have it anymore. At 154, De La Hoya is unfuckwitable. He destroyed Mayorge. He might as well retire. He got embarrassed by Tito and even worse tonight by De La Hoya.

Who wants to see De La Hoya vs Mayweather?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Citizen-Y

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 06:56:01 AM »

Me.  But I think Mayweather's speed is going to be too much for De La Hoya.  But who knows, if anyone knows how to beat Floyd it's his old man who is De La Hoya's trainer.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 08:10:15 AM »

Me.  But I think Mayweather's speed is going to be too much for De La Hoya.  But who knows, if anyone knows how to beat Floyd it's his old man who is De La Hoya's trainer.

Mayweather will more then likely be too much for De La Hoya. Mayweather has the defensive skills of Pernell Whitaker who really gave Oscar problems, but has more power then Pernell. It would be a good fight, but i think Mayweather takes it for sure.

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 09:33:35 AM »

fuck yeah. that's what mayweather wants as well as he bought out his promoter for 750 000 just to get at de la hoya. this would be a blockbuster fiight im thinkin just as big as a heavyweight title fight. as of now i think mayweather will take it but if there  is anyone out threre that can maybe beat him i think de la hoya is one of them with his intelligence and experience in the ring.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 12:00:28 PM »
I saw the fight. De La Hoya completely dominated Mayorga. Anyway a Mayweather De La Hoya fight would be tight.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 12:46:12 PM »
Oscar isn't done. The dude was even hinting at other fights in the future.

Mayweather probably will be too much for him. It's all good though. One thing I respect about Oscar is he isn't scared of challenges. Alot of these dudes rarely move up in weight class or they'll avoid a potential difficult fight. Oscar just goes for it like when he took on Hopkins.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 01:19:48 PM »
I saw the fight and i predicted an 8th rd KO by De La Hoya and i was close.Mayorga is way overrated and he has no fucking boxing skills.I hope there will be a Mayweather/De La Hoya fight i gaurantee that De La Hoya will win by decision.It would be an excellent fight and 1 of the biggest PAYPERVIEWs since De La Hoya vs Trinadad.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 01:25:27 PM »
I was watching Sportscenter this morning and they were talking about how Mayorga smokes 2 packs of cigs a day, but cut down to three a day while he was training for this fight.  To me, he doesn't take himself seriously as a boxer if he's smoking like that.  What a joke.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 01:36:14 PM »
exactly he is not a true boxer the fucker smokes and drinks while he is in training for a fight.He was just a fucking show by Don King dude is garbage.