Author Topic: Your take on what went down in Game 7 Lakers vs. Suns thread  (Read 1948 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Kobe didn't step up to the challenge in the second half.  If that had been Jordan he would have taken tough shots and brought his team back, Jordan always stepped up to the challenge.  Instead, Kobe looked like he was trying to make a point and prove to everybody that it was even worse if he involved his teamates, he was right; his team looked terrible.  I thought Luke Walton could shoot, but he couldn't even make short jumpers, and that point gaurd Kush is athletic and quick but he can't shoot. 

Barbos is amazing, there was one point in the game he took it to the whole on them like 5 times straight and the Lakers weak defense couldn't stop him.

^^that's my take, what'd ya'll think?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Your take on what went down in Game 7 Lakers vs. Suns thread
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 07:16:08 AM »
I basically agree. Kobe was mad cause he and his team had no chance versus the Suns, and because of his ego-centric persona he tried to show to the world how much his teammates actually suck and how it's not his fault at all when his team is losing. He got skills playing basketball, noone's arguing that. But he's got a bad character and that also shows on the court and in games. And THAT is why a Jordan comparision will ALWAYS be ridiculous to me.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 07:21:00 AM »
There are many threads about that...  Weak mentality and inexperience that's all. Anyway Clippers gonna beat Phoenix coz they are a better than us overall (though we would had a good shot to beat them). Clipps have a point guard way better than Smush, a better inside sector,and players who can shoot the 3

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 10:54:09 AM »
I duno what my take on it is yet....I mean, the first 3 wins the Lakers had, they played the "team game" and won those games....Then you have Kobe putting up 50 points in a Lakers loss.....So you would figure the "team game" was the way to go.....Unfortunatly, neither Kobe, or his team stepped up lastnight and they got beat by a pretty good Suns team playing on their home court.....

Ill give the Lakers credit tho, I didnt think it would go 7 and def didnt think at any point the Lakers woulda been up 3-1.  Hell, I didnt even think they would make the playoffs (Right NIK)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 11:45:49 AM »
My take?  The better team won.  Kobe was scoring in the first half but the Lakers were still down by what 15?  Kobe actually earned a little more respect from me when he showed he would actually pass the ball to his team mates.  I'm really laughing at all the goons that said the Lakers were a strong playoff team and that they will make it to the finals.  If the Lakers were playing a team that actually played defense, this series would have been over much sooner. 

I'm also laughing at anyone who doesn't think Kobe gave up at half time.  What were his second half stats?  Nobody in the league can stop him, so what is the explanation for that performance?  It's simple - he gave up.  He realized he couldn't carry the team on his own so he quit.  And that right there should put to rest the whole Kobe vs. MJ debate. 

WestCoasta

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 12:26:37 PM »
because of his ego-centric persona

ya, Jordan had a ridiculously small head

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 12:27:09 PM »
I basically agree. Kobe was mad cause he and his team had no chance versus the Suns, and because of his ego-centric persona he tried to show to the world how much his teammates actually suck and how it's not his fault at all when his team is losing. He got skills playing basketball, noone's arguing that. But he's got a bad character and that also shows on the court and in games. And THAT is why a Jordan comparision will ALWAYS be ridiculous to me.

Co-sign.  Jordan often made statements with his play, but never at the expense of his team.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 12:27:59 PM »

I'm also laughing at anyone who doesn't think Kobe gave up at half time.  What were his second half stats?  Nobody in the league can stop him, so what is the explanation for that performance?  It's simple - he gave up.  He realized he couldn't carry the team on his own so he quit.  And that right there should put to rest the whole Kobe vs. MJ debate. 

^^word...  That's the other point I want to make, Jordan never, ever quit on his team. 

...although I don't mind the comparisons to Jordan because Kobe is the closest to Jordan in the NBA.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 12:40:16 PM »
You guys are all right!!! Jordan woulda' single-handedly won the game 1-on-5 in the 2nd half. I mean, the guy had no flaws!

LMFAO! This board is extremely hilarious...

Wake up, people. Phil Jackson wanted the whole team to get into attack mode, not just Kobe. PHIL CALLED FOR IT!!! It was self-evident that Kobe wasn't gunna win the game alone, and Jordan wouldn't have even taken these Lakers to the playoffs...You fucking idiots.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 01:09:01 PM »
Kobe just cannot get a break from the haters.Game 6 Kobe had 50pts and he shot too much and lakers lose cuz Kobes fault now Game 7 Kobe takes 16 shots and the haters just rumbleing about how he is selfish for not taking shots.WTF is Kobe suppose to do?Its seems Kobe cannot catch a break from the media and the haters and they always try to point out any flaws in Kobes game.I think The game was already over in the 2nd half and Kobe n Phil knew that in order to get back in it they needed the team to step up and thats why Kobe hardly shote in the 2nd half.

herpes

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 02:27:01 PM »
You guys are all right!!! Jordan woulda' single-handedly won the game 1-on-5 in the 2nd half. I mean, the guy had no flaws!

It was self-evident that Kobe wasn't gunna win the game alone

so is that why kobe played with no heart in the 2nd half. 

Doggystylin

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It was self-evident that Kobe wasn't gunna win the game alone

so is that why kobe played with no heart in the 2nd half. 

how do u know he was playing with no heart, did u see him holding up a sign that said im playing with no heart? cause what i saw was a guy who was desperately trying to get his team into the game but the more he tried the more shots they missed, everyone besides kobe played HORRIBLE I mean nobody could make a shot, it was ridiculous, what do you expect him to do? do you expect him to single handedly erase a 30 point deficit in 1 qtr when his teammates are dead as fuck? they did it a few years ago against dallas but kobe had the whole team rolling thats the difference

god i seriously cant believe some of the hate on here, you guys are just looking for reasons to hate

WestCoasta

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 04:13:48 PM »
I laught at the people who say Kobe is as good as Jordan at this point and I laugh at the people who take those Laker fans serious and take it as a WHOLE Laker opinion....

Maniac Marxxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • London in this bitch!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 05:04:11 PM »
they got smoked in game 7 but it just goes 2 show no matter how great 1 player is the need a supportin cast

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2006, 05:07:50 PM »
You Kobe haters are just too much. You diss him when he takes over the game in the second half, then you diss him when he doesn't. If he had dropped 30 in the second half you guys would be saying what a ball hog he is.