Author Topic: Your take on what went down in Game 7 Lakers vs. Suns thread  (Read 1950 times)

eNgIeS

Re: Your take on what went down in Game 7 Lakers vs. Suns thread
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2006, 12:38:52 AM »
I basically agree. Kobe was mad cause he and his team had no chance versus the Suns, and because of his ego-centric persona he tried to show to the world how much his teammates actually suck and how it's not his fault at all when his team is losing. He got skills playing basketball, noone's arguing that. But he's got a bad character and that also shows on the court and in games. And THAT is why a Jordan comparision will ALWAYS be ridiculous to me.

Dude like in alot of ways, I agree. Kobe has bad sportsmanship & can get selfish. However you have to give him credit for getting his team involved during the first 4-5 games of this series. If Kobe played like that all the time i'd have to compare him to Jordan. But he doesnt. Hell as a team player Lebron's many times better than Kobe & his only 20-21 (not sure which one)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2006, 01:03:07 AM »
I basically agree. Kobe was mad cause he and his team had no chance versus the Suns, and because of his ego-centric persona he tried to show to the world how much his teammates actually suck and how it's not his fault at all when his team is losing. He got skills playing basketball, noone's arguing that. But he's got a bad character and that also shows on the court and in games. And THAT is why a Jordan comparision will ALWAYS be ridiculous to me.

Dude like in alot of ways, I agree. Kobe has bad sportsmanship & can get selfish. However you have to give him credit for getting his team involved during the first 4-5 games of this series. If Kobe played like that all the time i'd have to compare him to Jordan. But he doesnt. Hell as a team player Lebron's many times better than Kobe & his only 20-21 (not sure which one)

LeBron doesn't lead the way Kobe does, LeBron disappears for long stretches and the Cavs can still pull out a win...Kobe plays the same always, it's his teammates who lowered their level in the last few losses. ::)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2006, 05:41:07 AM »

Are you retarded? Explain to me how he had no heart. He was doing what Phil Jackson told him to do, he wanted to get the others going so that they could get in a rythym and punk Suns as a team, like they did in the other games. Obviously, it wasn't going down for them, Kobe knows he can get his shot on, but he also knows he can't beat the Suns 1-5...You're just too fuckin stupid to comprehend the concept of strategy, and are OBVIOUSLY a Kobe hater...PeACe

^^ I got to admit, Sccits got a point.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2006, 06:16:32 AM »
In a game 7, when your the leading scorer of the NBA and everybody knows that your nearly unstopable and you team is losing big time you got to step your game up!!!!

1 point, that's not what your team, your fan and your coach expect from you...

That's why Kobe would never ever be as great as Michael, because Jordan always do what everybody expect him do to and a lot of time he did even more...

Michael did miss some big shots in his career, but he always come stronger the game after...  After loosing by 1 in OT I didn't see Kobe come out stronger!!!

And seriously do you really think that Phil Jackson told Kobe to do 1 point in the second half...  Phil Jackson isn't dumb, he knows better than anybody in the league that Kobe is unstopable, so why restrain him to pass the ball to his off teamates?

IMO Kobe Bryant is this year MVP (even if i'm canadian lol), and an MVP doesn't get 1 point in the most important half of the season...
That's what I call choking!!!

Jordan would have do anything in his power to win the game...  Kobe didn't do that...
The Canadian Polish

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2006, 09:30:06 AM »
In a game 7, when your the leading scorer of the NBA and everybody knows that your nearly unstopable and you team is losing big time you got to step your game up!!!!

1 point, that's not what your team, your fan and your coach expect from you...

That's why Kobe would never ever be as great as Michael, because Jordan always do what everybody expect him do to and a lot of time he did even more...

Michael did miss some big shots in his career, but he always come stronger the game after...  After loosing by 1 in OT I didn't see Kobe come out stronger!!!

And seriously do you really think that Phil Jackson told Kobe to do 1 point in the second half...  Phil Jackson isn't dumb, he knows better than anybody in the league that Kobe is unstopable, so why restrain him to pass the ball to his off teamates?

IMO Kobe Bryant is this year MVP (even if i'm canadian lol), and an MVP doesn't get 1 point in the most important half of the season...
That's what I call choking!!!

Jordan would have do anything in his power to win the game...  Kobe didn't do that...

You're missing the point. Kobe DID come out killing in Game 7, he had 24 points in the first half, but they were still down by 15...You know why? Because his TEAMMATES weren't performing to their standards along with Kobe...That's why, in the 2nd half, he tried getting the other guys going, so that they can all attack Phoenix together...PHIL CALLED FOR IT, he didn't specify how many shots he wanted Kobe to shoot, but like I said, Kobe wasn't gunna shoot them out of a 25 point deficit alone, which is why he tried getting the other guys going, which IS doing everything in his power to win the game...Jacking up 20 shots in the second half wouldn't have been doing everything in his power, they still woulda' lost, only now people would be blaming Kobe for sabatoging Phil's game-plan instead of hating on him for going along with it...Haters, they gone hate...PeACe

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2006, 09:50:27 AM »
You're missing the point. Kobe DID come out killing in Game 7, he had 24 points in the first half, but they were still down by 15...You know why? Because his TEAMMATES weren't performing to their standards along with Kobe...That's why, in the 2nd half, he tried getting the other guys going, so that they can all attack Phoenix together...PHIL CALLED FOR IT, he didn't specify how many shots he wanted Kobe to shoot, but like I said, Kobe wasn't gunna shoot them out of a 25 point deficit alone, which is why he tried getting the other guys going, which IS doing everything in his power to win the game...Jacking up 20 shots in the second half wouldn't have been doing everything in his power, they still woulda' lost, only now people would be blaming Kobe for sabatoging Phil's game-plan instead of hating on him for going along with it...Haters, they gone hate...PeACe

A NBA half is 24 minutes... That mean plenty of time to make adjustements and changing strategies.  Even with 12 minutes left in the game Kobe could had changed something by taking more shots or at least trying to create something (like going to the free throw line, or just playing more D)...

Your a fool if you think Phil's game plan was to keep the ball out of his best player hands...  Yeah Kobe tried to get his teammates involved as Phil ask, but he didn't recgognized what Jordan would had recgognized : I trust my teammates as long as they get the job done, if not i'm the best player in this team and i'm carrying them on my shoulder like it or not...

That's what is greatness
The Canadian Polish

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2006, 09:59:58 AM »

A NBA half is 24 minutes... That mean plenty of time to make adjustements and changing strategies.  Even with 12 minutes left in the game Kobe could had changed something by taking more shots or at least trying to create something (like going to the free throw line, or just playing more D)...

Your a fool if you think Phil's game plan was to keep the ball out of his best player hands...  Yeah Kobe tried to get his teammates involved as Phil ask, but he didn't recgognized what Jordan would had recgognized : I trust my teammates as long as they get the job done, if not i'm the best player in this team and i'm carrying them on my shoulder like it or not...

That's what is greatness

Okay, I give up...You're just too slow to understand. KOBE WASNT GUNNA WIN THE GAME ALONE. HE COULDA STARTED JACKING UP DESPERATION SHOTS, BUT HE WENT WITH WHAT PHIL SAID AND KEPT TRYING TO GET THE OTHER GUYS GOING UNTIL PHIL SAT HIM OUT HALFWAY THROUGH THE 4TH QUARTER! You keep saying that Kobe coulda' taken them on his shoulders, that's what he was doing all year long almost, and they lost a good portion of those games. You just don't understand it and I don't know why I'm taking my time to re-explain it time after time...Phil's game-plan wasn't to keep the ball out of Kobe's hand, it was to get the guys going so they can play 5-on-5, maybe cut it to a 10 point deficit, and that's when Kobe usually takes over...The teammaters never got going, they couldn't cut the deficit, and it's pretty self-evident that 1 player can't cut a 25 point lead alone...Do you still need more explaining? Kobe did what he was told, and if he woulda' started shooting more, they still woulda' lost, and you'd have a different reason to hate on him ("Kobe trashed Phil's game-plan")...Come on now, lets be fair...PeACe

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2006, 10:45:41 AM »
Okay, I give up...You're just too slow to understand. KOBE WASNT GUNNA WIN THE GAME ALONE. HE COULDA STARTED JACKING UP DESPERATION SHOTS, BUT HE WENT WITH WHAT PHIL SAID AND KEPT TRYING TO GET THE OTHER GUYS GOING UNTIL PHIL SAT HIM OUT HALFWAY THROUGH THE 4TH QUARTER! You keep saying that Kobe coulda' taken them on his shoulders, that's what he was doing all year long almost, and they lost a good portion of those games. You just don't understand it and I don't know why I'm taking my time to re-explain it time after time...Phil's game-plan wasn't to keep the ball out of Kobe's hand, it was to get the guys going so they can play 5-on-5, maybe cut it to a 10 point deficit, and that's when Kobe usually takes over...The teammaters never got going, they couldn't cut the deficit, and it's pretty self-evident that 1 player can't cut a 25 point lead alone...Do you still need more explaining? Kobe did what he was told, and if he woulda' started shooting more, they still woulda' lost, and you'd have a different reason to hate on him ("Kobe trashed Phil's game-plan")...Come on now, lets be fair...PeACe

Just for the record i'm far from hating on Kobe.  He is one of my favorite player in the L...  And like I said befor is the MVP of the 2005-2006 season imo.

I gotta give you that he got a great 1st half...  I gotta give you that he probly do what Phil Jackson ask him to do in de 2nd half...
I can also give you that he couldn't had win the game by himself in the 2nd half...

But now WAKE UP, it was not in Phil's plan that his best player will not contribute at all in the most important half of the season... 
It's Kobe's fault as much as any other player if they get their ass kick by the Suns.  Don't get me wrong i'm really into that team concept they put up during the first round, but when every thing goes wrong and nobody putting the ball in the hole, as the team leader, the "best" player in the league, and the guy who we all know can score big digits in one half you gotta step up... 

Same thing for Phil... As the best coach in basket ball history you gotta make adjustements as the game go... You gotta go with what bring you there, and that mean go with Kobe Bryant especially if nobody in the team is able to make a shot...

Is it Kobe's fault, or Phil's fault (along with every other Lakers players fault)??

imo it's Kobe's fault cause he is the one who got the responsability to put the ball in the basket and be the heart of this team...
PEACE

The Canadian Polish

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2006, 11:00:09 AM »
Just for the record i'm far from hating on Kobe.  He is one of my favorite player in the L...  And like I said befor is the MVP of the 2005-2006 season imo.

I gotta give you that he got a great 1st half...  I gotta give you that he probly do what Phil Jackson ask him to do in de 2nd half...
I can also give you that he couldn't had win the game by himself in the 2nd half...

Correct.

But now WAKE UP, it was not in Phil's plan that his best player will not contribute at all in the most important half of the season... 
It's Kobe's fault as much as any other player if they get their ass kick by the Suns.  Don't get me wrong i'm really into that team concept they put up during the first round, but when every thing goes wrong and nobody putting the ball in the hole, as the team leader, the "best" player in the league, and the guy who we all know can score big digits in one half you gotta step up... 

Same thing for Phil... As the best coach in basket ball history you gotta make adjustements as the game go... You gotta go with what bring you there, and that mean go with Kobe Bryant especially if nobody in the team is able to make a shot...

Is it Kobe's fault, or Phil's fault (along with every other Lakers players fault)??

imo it's Kobe's fault cause he is the one who got the responsability to put the ball in the basket and be the heart of this team...
PEACE

See, this is where you're wrong, and I can keep breaking it down more and more until it gets to you 100%. Kobe WAS contributing. He was finding the opening in the triangle as he was doing all series long. He was feeding it to Kwame for easy baby-hooks, which Kwame missed. He was feeding it to Smush for open 3's, which Smush bricked. He was feeding it to Luke on cuts to the basket, which Luke couldn't finish...He WAS contributing, he just wasn't trying to find his own shot, cuz that was already there...Kobe coulda' done what you wanted him to, and that's pretty much jack up desperation shots to try and get them back in the game, but think of the reaction to that. I gaurantee you that almost everyone on this board would claim the Lakers lost because Kobe tossed out Phil's game-plan and tried to go 1-on-5 too much...But it doesn't matter, cuz like the homie Infinite said, some people will hate you no matter what you do, and that's pretty much what Kobe has to deal with on a daily basis...PeACe

herpes

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2006, 11:06:47 AM »
dont even argue with nik, he jacks off to kobe so what do you expect.  He defends kobe no matter what.  Kobe didnt choke, kobes not selfish, kobe didnt rape that girl hell he didnt even sleep with her even tho he said he did.  Nik has a man crush on kobe.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2006, 11:23:18 AM »
dont even argue with nik, he jacks off to kobe so what do you expect.  He defends kobe no matter what.  Kobe didnt choke, kobes not selfish, kobe didnt rape that girl hell he didnt even sleep with her even tho he said he did.  Nik has a man crush on kobe.

Oh wow, you are sooooo funny. You fail to realize that your immaturity really keeps people from taking you seriously, while I post hard fact that sway peoples foggy opinions...What do you do on this board? You add absolutely nothing, just like you do in life... :-*

CanadActive

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Only one GOAT... MJ
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2006, 12:49:36 PM »
I don't feel like i'm arguing, cause arguing with someone mean discus... But with him you can't do that, he is so stuck into his head... It's fucking pathetic...

I LOVE KOBE BRYANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT 1 POINT IN THE MOST IMPORTANT HALF OF THE SEASON (when your the NBA leading scorer and the only player in your team who can actualy put the ball in the hole) IS CONSIDERING CHOKING!!!!!!!!!!1

Don't get me wrong his teammates did choke to... 

He was feeding it to Kwame for easy baby-hooks, which Kwame missed. He was feeding it to Smush for open 3's, which Smush bricked. He was feeding it to Luke on cuts to the basket, which Luke couldn't finish...He WAS contributing, he just wasn't trying to find his own shot, cuz that was already there...

There's no way Kobe Bryant was a factor in the second half...  NO FUCKING WAY!!!!!
Did you watch the game??  How can you say that Kobe didn't choke??

Your annoying man, I can't say your totaly wrong cause i know nobody gives Kobe a break...  But man you can't say i'm wrong, cause everybody who watch the game saw that Kobe CHOKE BIG TIME IN THE SECOND HALF!

You should change your name to : Now_Im_Raped...  By Kobe in the ass...
Peace
The Canadian Polish

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2006, 02:10:07 PM »
I don't feel like i'm arguing, cause arguing with someone mean discus... But with him you can't do that, he is so stuck into his head... It's fucking pathetic...

I LOVE KOBE BRYANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT 1 POINT IN THE MOST IMPORTANT HALF OF THE SEASON (when your the NBA leading scorer and the only player in your team who can actualy put the ball in the hole) IS CONSIDERING CHOKING!!!!!!!!!!1

Don't get me wrong his teammates did choke to... 

He was feeding it to Kwame for easy baby-hooks, which Kwame missed. He was feeding it to Smush for open 3's, which Smush bricked. He was feeding it to Luke on cuts to the basket, which Luke couldn't finish...He WAS contributing, he just wasn't trying to find his own shot, cuz that was already there...

There's no way Kobe Bryant was a factor in the second half...  NO FUCKING WAY!!!!!
Did you watch the game??  How can you say that Kobe didn't choke??

Your annoying man, I can't say your totaly wrong cause i know nobody gives Kobe a break...  But man you can't say i'm wrong, cause everybody who watch the game saw that Kobe CHOKE BIG TIME IN THE SECOND HALF!

You should change your name to : Now_Im_Raped...  By Kobe in the ass...
Peace

Man, you're not even on my level, you have no fucking clue what you're even talking about...It was already obvious the Lakers were losing in the first 5 minutes of the 3rd quarter when the Suns repeatedly broke down the Laker defense. In order to counter that, Kobe was trying to break down the Suns defense in finding the open man and get the Lakers going as a team...How you fail to understand this is beyond me. He didn't score because it wasn't gunna help, they lose EITHER WAY, the only small chance of hope was if somehow the whole team gained some momentum on offense which would carry into their defense...Of course, you probably don't even get half the shit I'm saying. I wouldn't be surprised if you're basing your opinions on watching the ESPN highlights...Come on, man, don't break that weak shit around here... 8)

herpes

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2006, 02:29:54 PM »

Oh wow, you are sooooo funny. You fail to realize that your immaturity really keeps people from taking you seriously, while I post hard fact that sway peoples foggy opinions...What do you do on this board? You add absolutely nothing, just like you do in life... :-*
i dont care if i ever swayed anyones opinion here nik, but dont kid yourself... you havnt swayed anyones opinion either with your immature name calling.  so bottom line where in the same boat deal with it.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2006, 02:41:33 PM »

i dont care if i ever swayed anyones opinion here nik, but dont kid yourself... you havnt swayed anyones opinion either with your immature name calling.  so bottom line where in the same boat deal with it.

Actually, no, I'm not just name-calling, I'm making valid points. Where was Dirk in the 2nd half of last nights game? How 'bout LeBron? You don't hear people claiming they have no heart, and they actually have dependable teammates with experience...I bet you didn't even see any of those games. ::)