Author Topic: It's official now...Steve Nash is the NBA's 2006 MVP  (Read 2253 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: It's official now...Steve Nash is the NBA's 2006 MVP
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2006, 09:41:27 AM »
I also believe college bball is much more fun to watch.  No they are not as talented, but in general is much more team oriented.  Plus, overall effort is more consistent.  These guys are busting their ass to try to get to the next level.  They all have something to prove. 

There are a handfull of NBA teams that personify those traits, but nowadays the NBA seems to really promote individuals rather than teams.  Look at the Pistons - the best team over the last two years, and their first round games are subjected to NBA TV.  Bron Bron is featured in Prime Time on the major networks in the first round. 

Because of this, the overall quality of the NBA has suffered.

Yes, but NBA action surpasses College action, regardless. A 7 game series has a lot more to it than just 1 game eliminations. There's strategy involved, adjustments, etc. And as I've stated in the past, college players are playing to make it into the NBA, which is the ultimate level, which is also why it is pretty ridiculous to say NCAA is better than NBA...PeACe

the players arent "better", but it is more exciting to watch. i can watch SOME playoff games every now and then but i can always watch college games. and it must be a pretty rediculous statement to you but pretty much all of my friends prefer to watch college ball over NBA anyday.

How can it be more exciting to watch unless you have a stronger connection with one of the teams? That's the same as saying Honda's are more exciting to watch race than Ferarri's...I mean, which you prefer is a matter of opinion, but you can't claim college ball is "better", cuz that's just ridiculous...PeACe

How about Nascar vs the elite cars? The masses now prefer stock cars all built somewhat the same as opposed to the super cars built by McLaren and Ferrari, even though the stock cars aren't as fast or as good. Some people just like it simple. In fact if you look at the TV ratings for the Final Four the ratings are usually just as high and actually a bit higher in recent years than the NBA Finals.

That's because of the following with colleges/college students etc...Think about it, would people rather watch amatures racing or pros racing? No matter what it is, the pros will always be better...NBA is a higher level of competition, people playing in the NCAA are playing so that they can reach that higher level, the ultimate goal...That's why it makes no sense to claim it's "better"...You can say you prefer to watch it, but claiming it's better isn't very rational, now is it?

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2006, 09:53:28 AM »
I also believe college bball is much more fun to watch.  No they are not as talented, but in general is much more team oriented.  Plus, overall effort is more consistent.  These guys are busting their ass to try to get to the next level.  They all have something to prove. 

There are a handfull of NBA teams that personify those traits, but nowadays the NBA seems to really promote individuals rather than teams.  Look at the Pistons - the best team over the last two years, and their first round games are subjected to NBA TV.  Bron Bron is featured in Prime Time on the major networks in the first round. 

Yes, but NBA action surpasses College action, regardless. A 7 game series has a lot more to it than just 1 game eliminations. There's strategy involved, adjustments, etc. And as I've stated in the past, college players are playing to make it into the NBA, which is the ultimate level, which is also why it is pretty ridiculous to say NCAA is better than NBA...PeACe

the players arent "better", but it is more exciting to watch. i can watch SOME playoff games every now and then but i can always watch college games. and it must be a pretty rediculous statement to you but pretty much all of my friends prefer to watch college ball over NBA anyday.

How can it be more exciting to watch unless you have a stronger connection with one of the teams? That's the same as saying Honda's are more exciting to watch race than Ferarri's...I mean, which you prefer is a matter of opinion, but you can't claim college ball is "better", cuz that's just ridiculous...PeACe

your right the players in college arent better then the players in the nba that is really a no brainer. maybe your right though. being raised in tucson my whole life i have been a UA fan for a long time. shit i follow them religously and even follow the recruiting process. lol. its jsut a matter of preferance but i find college ball more exciting then pro ball.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2006, 10:05:15 AM »

your right the players in college arent better then the players in the nba that is really a no brainer. maybe your right though. being raised in tucson my whole life i have been a UA fan for a long time. shit i follow them religously and even follow the recruiting process. lol. its jsut a matter of preferance but i find college ball more exciting then pro ball.

There you go...I bet if you grew up a Miami Heat fan, you'd enjoy watching them the most...It comes down to a matter of opinion, but claiming a lower level is better than a higher level is not really gunna cut it...PeACe

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2006, 10:54:58 AM »

There you go...I bet if you grew up a Miami Heat fan, you'd enjoy watching them the most...It comes down to a matter of opinion, but claiming a lower level is better than a higher level is not really gunna cut it...PeACe

i hear ya but i dont think i ever claimed that

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2006, 11:03:32 AM »

i hear ya but i dont think i ever claimed that

It probably wasn't you, but I heard it before...Anyways, back to the (sad) topic. Nash will be known as the back-to-back MVP who never won a championship. :-X. Is he really up there with the likes of Magic, Bird, Jordan, Wilt, etc.? I don't think so and neither do any of you... :-\

herpes

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2006, 11:11:01 AM »
They play a team game in college, they actually play defense in college (yes nik im fully aware some teams in the pros play defense to) that is why more people are starting to watch college bball then the pros.  No one said that college bball players are better then the pros.  They just perfer to watch a team game over a me-me-me type of game.

herpes

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2006, 11:13:27 AM »
And wheres the self hating white boy brian.... i want to see what he says about barkley and smith voiting for nash... are they some uncle tom house niggas

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2006, 11:30:07 AM »
They play a team game in college, they actually play defense in college (yes nik im fully aware some teams in the pros play defense to) that is why more people are starting to watch college bball then the pros.  No one said that college bball players are better then the pros.  They just perfer to watch a team game over a me-me-me type of game.

Dude, if a team isn't playing a team game in the NBA playoffs, they don't belong there. Even college has its individual stars (Adam Morrison, Joakim Noah, Jordan Farmar) they just don't get marketed like they do in the NBA...The level of competition is higher in the NBA playoffs as well, because there is much more strategy involved with getting to know the opponent and making adjustments etc...Take coaches who've had huge success in the NCAA but can't quite cut it in the NBA as an example...Not saying NCAA isn't interesting, I follow March Madness, it's just that it's really uncomparable to the next level...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2006, 11:30:46 AM »
And wheres the self hating white boy brian.... i want to see what he says about barkley and smith voiting for nash... are they some uncle tom house niggas

Barkley is a Suns fan... ::)

herpes

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2006, 02:32:07 PM »

hes still a black man, he sold his soul to the devil voting for a white boy regardless if he plays for the suns.  Also what about steven a smith, he voted for nash also, whats his excuse.  Is he a just a dark skinned italian ? 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2006, 02:37:02 PM »

hes still a black man, he sold his soul to the devil voting for a white boy regardless if he plays for the suns.  Also what about steven a smith, he voted for nash also, whats his excuse.  Is he a just a dark skinned italian ? 

First of all, I don't think he won it because he was white...The MVP has become a popularity contest of the journalists, it's a joke nowadays. Steven A. Smith is also known for disliking Kobe, along with many other media personnels. I dunno what being white has to do with it, but that does bring up a good point. Would he be this popular if he was black? Jason Kidd in '02 did way more for the Nets, and he didn't win it...Infinite may have a point. But either way, Nash doesn't deserve it...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2006, 03:40:25 PM »
Who cares if Steven A Smith or Chuck Barkley dont like Kobe....Kobe wasnt even close.....Read the order again it went 1. Nash, 2. LeBron, & 3. Dirk so Kobe got some charity votes basically but he wasnt even close to winning.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2006, 03:52:36 PM »
Who cares if Steven A Smith or Chuck Barkley dont like Kobe....Kobe wasnt even close.....Read the order again it went 1. Nash, 2. LeBron, & 3. Dirk so Kobe got some charity votes basically but he wasnt even close to winning.

That's why people are claiming it's ridiculous...He got 22 first place votes (the second most) and only 11 second place votes (the least). 23 voters didn't even put him on their ballot in the top 5! That's why people say the MVP award is a joke nowadays, Kobe put forth the most spectacular season since Jordan in '86-'87...MVP does not equal Steve Nash. Ask the players...PeACe

herpes

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2006, 06:34:29 PM »
I dont here anyone crying about the lack of votes for kobe except laker fans

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2006, 09:33:17 PM »
I dont here anyone crying about the lack of votes for kobe except laker fans

Why would anyone else cry? LMAO...Unless they WERE fans, they don't really give a fuck, so it wouldn't make sense for them to complain about it. On top of that, I've read NUMEROUS articles dismissing the MVP award as a joke...PeACe