Author Topic: ***Offical E3 2006 Thread*** *update* GTA4 officially coming to 360 and PS3!!!  (Read 6213 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Halo 3 trailer is up on the marketplace for download 8)

"Finish the fight in 2007"

what is the marketplace? i wanna see the trailer i am extremely bored at my school

its on the 360,its where u can download game demos,trailers,patches and anything else,its pretty tight

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?link=Halo3Announcement
Halo 3 trailer

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
are there any huge RPG projects to come out?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
thx for posting that

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
are there any huge RPG projects to come out?

well Fable 2 just got announced for the 360 today
Final Fantasy 12 is coming out for ps2 this year
Final Fantasy 13 just got announced for ps3

what kinda RPGs u into?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
pretty much any RPG that is surrounded by an ancient fantasy world. like, dragons, orcs, swords, axes, heros  8)
I havent played asian RPGs since I played SNES tho. Lufia was the shit way back in the day haha... lately I played Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, good game.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Here are some videos they showed today, I assume...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/wii/movie_concept.html

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/wii/movie_software.html

Red Steel is just  :o   ...if that is red Steel?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 01:43:29 PM by Javy Iz Inactive At the Moment »

Trauma-san

Re: ***Offical E3 2006 Thread*** *update* ps3 pricing inside!!
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2006, 04:21:20 PM »
trauma, do you think nintendo will release more games for the "older" crowd? i love zelda and metroid, but if they released some violent games that would be nice.

Sure, check out Red Steel. 

Trauma-san

Oh, and some new game called Sledgehammer or something looked pretty violent.  RedSteel looked cool as shit though, you walk through the game holding your gun in your right hand, (wii controller) and holding the nunchuck in your left hand.  With your left hand, you move the thumbcontrol to move your character, and with your right hand, you wave the gun wherever you want.  pull the trigger, blow a fucker away.  LOL it looked cool as hell! Dude walked up to a door, and just turned his left hand and opened the knob.  In another part, there were boxes stacked beside him, he just waved his gun hand at them and they fell out of the way.

He goes in a room, and holds a button down, the room freezes... so he aims his gun at the three people behind the desk, and aims at one's hand... then at another's head, then next to the other guy.  Lets go of the button, and shoots at all three of them instantly.  The guy he shot in the hand drops the gun, and the guy that got missed kind of cowers... he waves his left hand with the nunchuck at the guy that's cowering, and the dude runs to the left (he essentially motioned for the guy to go) then he made the guy on the right that he had shot the gun out of his hand surrender.  Craziest shit ever.  After that, he walked outside, and the dude's waiting for him, he puts his gun up and draws a sword and fights the guy hand to hand. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Red Steel

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2006, 06:19:06 PM »
Rockstar Games today announced the next chapter in the Grand Theft Auto series, titled Grand Theft Auto 4. The announcement offered little in terms of actual details regarding story and game mechanics. However, it did confirm that Rockstar North, developers of Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, are handling the latest iteration.

The only other piece of information concerns the release date. GTA 4 will ship simultaneously for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on October 16, 2007. In Europe, the game will ship on October 19, 2007.
Stay tuned for more details

Rockstar also launched the official website following the announcement
http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto4/

"Microsoft and Rockstar have entered into an exclusive deal to privide episodic content via Xbox Live Marketplace."
I wonder what kinda exclusive content the 360 version will get ?

GRAND THEFT AUTO 4- October 16,2007

i'm asking myself the same question, what kind of content will it get?
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2006, 06:24:30 PM »
there were no good games that they showed. Most of them were pre-rendered, and the ones that weren't looked on the same level as the 360.

way too early to tell whether sony lost or not...either way im pretty sure this shit will sell out just cuz of the sony brand...but it was def turn away some customers...600 bucks for a fucking game system is ridiculous...me personally, ill get one anyways...

and what do u mean some of the real time ps3 games didnt look good as 360? heavenly sword looks dope as fuck, looks good as almost any 360 games so far(goddamn gears of war looks dope...prob the 2nd best lookin game, behind MGS4)...also the new FF game for ps3 was real time...if anything lot of the games look equal to the 360 ones...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
E3 2006: Microsoft Confirms HD-DVD for Xbox 360
USB based drive will expand system's capabilities. Full story and analysis.
by Gerry Block
May 8, 2006 - Microsoft has confirmed its previously-mentioned plans to launch an external HD-DVD drive for the Xbox 360. Microsoft first announced plans for an HD-DVD solution at CES this January, but has since remained relatively mute on the subject. The newest update on the add-on is found within the official Xbox.com E3 Coverage page, and arrived in a rather innocuous article titled "HD-DVD Explained."

Quite different than many previous Microsoft statements on the topic of the HD-DVD vs. Blu-ray format war, specifically Mr. Gates' previous statements that Blu-ray was "anti-consumer," the article reads as highly conciliatory. Quoting Albert Penello, Director of Global Marketing at Xbox, the article focuses almost entirely on the price advantage of HD-DVD: "There aren't any Blu-ray players available to test, but if you compare the requirements on paper it's going to be a wash in terms of video quality…the major difference is going to be price, and all the leading indicators point to HD-DVD winning."

Snipes at Sony and Blu-ray are restricted to a little self congratulation on Microsoft's part, in which the company admits that though the HD-DVD format was at one point expected to be dead-on-arrival, excellent foresight on MS' part allowed them to escape the high price of Blu-ray and the technical issues that Sony "publicly blamed" for the PS3's delay.

damn that's a nice answer to Sony's blue ray

black smoke, did microsoft release anything relating to building a bigger Hard Drive for 360?
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

Hd - DVD?.....Explain??....

The Maestro

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
Hd - DVD?.....Explain??....

HD DVD (High Density Digital Versatile Disc or High Definition Digital Video Disc) is a digital optical media format which is being developed as one standard for high-definition DVD. HD DVD is similar to the competing Blu-ray Disc, which also uses the same CD-size (120 mm diameter) optical data storage media and 405 nm wavelength blue laser. HD DVD is promoted by Toshiba, NEC, Sanyo, and, most recently, Microsoft, HP [1], and Intel. HD DVD may be non-exclusively backed by three major studios: Paramount Pictures, Universal Studios and Warner Bros. Toshiba announced the first sales of HD DVD players set for March 2006 with models priced at $499 and $799, though studios are not planning movie releases until April. [2] At CES 2006, Microsoft announced that there will be an external add-on HD DVD drive for the Xbox 360 game console, due sometime this year.

HD DVD has a single layer capacity of 15 GB and a dual-layer capacity of 30 GB.