Author Topic: How do you re-gain interest in something you lost?  (Read 1220 times)

coola

Re: How do you re-gain interest in something you lost?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 12:32:56 AM »
Now this 'condition', it ain't like depression or along those lines right?  :-\

And expanding my vocab will get rid on this 'condition'?

Sorry wit this question bullshit but this shit is aggravating  :P

i dont know how old you are, but it sounds like youre growing into adult-hood. it's a part of growing up, there are up's and down's, different people deal with it in different ways.

Diabolical

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 06:18:54 AM »

i dont know how old you are, but it sounds like youre growing into adult-hood. it's a part of growing up, there are up's and down's, different people deal with it in different ways.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 11:10:35 AM »

Nice post and everything, but you got 1 thing wrong; the original religion of worshipping one God was Judaism, not Islam. Even Muslims will tell you this...But I heavily agree with the expansion of ones vocabulary to express deeper thoughts and emotions...PeACe

"Muslim" is an Arabic word that means "submission to the Creator".  So although the people may not have had that Arabic word in their language, and may have been called something else, if they fit the description of "submitting to thier Creator" then they were Muslims, irrespective of the language they spoke.  Anyone who submitted to a person as God (such as the Christians wanted to worship Jesus as God) does not fit this description because they are submitting to a created thing and not the Creator.   

From the beggining of time all the Prophets had the same message, to submit to God alone and do righteous good deeds; however there were always people who tried to alter that message.  For example, Moses in his time taught the Jews to worship God alone but they still wanted to take the calf for worship.  Jesus taught his people to worship God alone, but 100 years or so after he died Paul started teaching to worship Jesus himself as God.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 11:13:51 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Abdul-Infinite Islam Abu Muhammad Uthman »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 11:13:55 AM »

Nice post and everything, but you got 1 thing wrong; the original religion of worshipping one God was Judaism, not Islam. Even Muslims will tell you this...But I heavily agree with the expansion of ones vocabulary to express deeper thoughts and emotions...PeACe

"Muslim" is an Arabic word that means "submission to the Creator".  So although the people may not have had that Arabic word in their language, and may have been called something else, if they fit the description of "submitting to thier Creator" then they were Muslims, irrespective of the language they spoke.  Anyone who submitted to a person as God (such as the Christians wanted to worship Jesus as God) does not fit this description because they are submitting to a created thing and not the Creator.   From the beggining of time all the Prophets had the same message, to submit to God alone and do righteous good deeds; however their were always people who tried to change that message.

I understand where you're coming from, but I wouldn't consider myself Muslim just because I believe in one God (the Creator)...I'm talking about the actual written religion, it surfaced after Judaism...PeACe

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 11:19:58 AM »

I understand where you're coming from, but I wouldn't consider myself Muslim just because I believe in one God (the Creator)...I'm talking about the actual written religion, it surfaced after Judaism...PeACe

The religion of Islam has no person, place or time.  It is submission to the Creator.  Jews recognize many of the same Prophets as Muslims and Christians, but they don't recognize Jesus as being a religious teacher, nor do they recognize Muhammad as being a Prophet.  So some of the teachings are different.

Still though, Allah says in the Qu'ran about the Jews and Christians who sincearly worship their Creator and not anything created...

2:62 English translation of Noble Qu'ran:

Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who (1) believes in GOD, and (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 11:24:57 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Abdul-Infinite Islam Abu Muhammad Uthman »

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 11:34:24 AM »

-I'm still looking up the name of the "condition" for you.  I know what book it's in, I just have to locate the book.

-Your consciense is not allowing your body to enjoy itself.   Your inhibitions have actually increased.  This may be a sign of maturity, but until your able to understand what your conscience is wanting from you, your body will continue to be experiencing a disconnect from the heart.   

Let's break you down into smaller parts...

You have a mind, body, soul, heart. 

Your body does not find pleasureable the things you used to do.  Your mind is not in agreement with the body.  So your heart and soul are experiencing discomfort.  So you have to again establish harmony between all these organs.

So you have to start a period of self-analysis, to find out what it is your mind (conscience) is trying to tell you.  It also may be that it's deeper than you can express to yourself, so therefore you have to increase your vocabulary and learn read and learn from other sources so that you can obtain the knowledge and vocabulary necassary for alleviating your condition.  Once you obtain knowledge of self, then the condition will disapear.

btw, keep asking people questions and searching for knowledge on your condition, because that's one part of the process of overcoming it.  Allah has set up this world so that none of us are self-sufficient, and we are always in need of Allah and other people, we have strengths and weaknesses so this brings people together through interdependance.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 11:38:45 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Abdul-Infinite Islam Abu Muhammad Uthman »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 11:38:15 AM »

The religion of Islam has no person, place or time.  It is submission to the Creator.  Jews recognize many of the same Prophets as Muslims and Christians, but they don't recognize Jesus as being a religious teacher, nor do they recognize Muhammad as being a Prophet.  So some of the teachings are different.

Still though, Allah says in the Qu'ran about the Jews and Christians who sincearly worship their Creator and not anything created...

Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who (1) believes in GOD, and (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

I already know this...Maybe the board will learn something from it though.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 11:41:49 AM »

word... fair enough, I wasn't just posting to you, I was speaking in general with the forum... peace.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 11:44:54 AM »
Yo, Quiet Truth, I want to add to one of my posts above, that if you want, you should write out some rhymes and stuff and post them up and I can analize them for you.  You can PM them to me, or post up for the whole forum if you want to hear analysis from others as well.  This may help you towards understanding your conscience.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 12:13:16 PM »
Thanks a real lot homie!!  8)

I Did  8)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 12:30:53 AM »

-I'm still looking up the name of the "condition" for you.  I know what book it's in, I just have to locate the book.

Okay, I found it man.  I had remembered reading about it and where I read it, but I had to locate the book.  One of my friends had read the same book and he recalled it for me from memory.

It's called anhedonia -the abscence of pleasure in things that would normally or used to give one pleasure.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 12:37:47 AM by Hajj Ibrahim Abdul-Infinite Islam Abu Muhammad Uthman »

J Bananas

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 12:52:09 PM »
are you sure you dont want to tell us about the koran?

coola

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2006, 07:18:28 AM »
^ man dont stalk the dude, or he'll send you a PM proclaiming no peace.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2006, 05:45:43 PM »
He drops a madd lot knowledge though..besides that islam shit

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 03:21:24 PM »
He drops a madd lot knowledge though..besides that islam shit

He drops knowledge on Islam too, people just get too touchy when he speaks his mind...