Author Topic: quick question for abdul imam..  (Read 1440 times)

coola

Re: quick question for abdul imam..
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2006, 03:16:57 AM »
Arabs have always been a friend to Africans.  Arabs and Africans have a beautiful relationship.  When Arabs came to Africa, the result you see is Empires like the one in Mali headed by Mansa Musa, or the kingdoms that used to exist on the East Coast of Africa in partnership with Southern Arabia.  But since white Christians have entered Africa in the 19th century all you see is death, disease and famine.

basically, infinites cravings to be non-white are evident when he makes ignorant statements like these.

i don't think it makes sense to ignore the slave trade; clearly the enslaved were not happy with that arrangement.

"arab" typically is loosely defined by language and culture and not strictly as a race or ethnic group.  in that sense, the africans that embraced the arab presence and islam became "fully assimilated" within the arab world.  all of those north african arab states have an ethnic/racial composition that contrasts  with those of saudi arabia (or the arabian penninsula in general).  you don't find that sort of blending and assimilation with the european colonizations.  in that sense there is an argument to be made.  but it seems clear that there have been tensions between africans and arabs, partially along racial lines, and partially along religious lines in the cases where african populations have not embraced islam.  if you look at the darfur, it has been described as arabs vs africans, but most of the africans in the sudan also have african roots whether it be egyptian or nubian.

i don't agree completely with infinite on this issue; but your suggestion that the arab/african relationship has been like european colonization has no basis.  arab culture has been fully embraced by the peoples of many african nations (after being conquered); what former european colony in africa can make the same argument?  you are effectively comparing assimilation into the arab world, with colonization and exploitation by the european world.

pfffff watever man. i'm not arguing or comparing shit. all i'm saying is arabs and muslims arent perfect like abdul would like to think.

abdul made the comparison, he said white people caused disease and famine, arabs developed a beautiful relationship. therefor i started this thread.

how many chrisitians are in Africa right now helping tribes ? Have you ever heard of Mother Teresa ?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2006, 03:42:55 AM »
Arabs have always been a friend to Africans.  Arabs and Africans have a beautiful relationship.  When Arabs came to Africa, the result you see is Empires like the one in Mali headed by Mansa Musa, or the kingdoms that used to exist on the East Coast of Africa in partnership with Southern Arabia.  But since white Christians have entered Africa in the 19th century all you see is death, disease and famine.

basically, infinites cravings to be non-white are evident when he makes ignorant statements like these.

i don't think it makes sense to ignore the slave trade; clearly the enslaved were not happy with that arrangement.

"arab" typically is loosely defined by language and culture and not strictly as a race or ethnic group.  in that sense, the africans that embraced the arab presence and islam became "fully assimilated" within the arab world.  all of those north african arab states have an ethnic/racial composition that contrasts  with those of saudi arabia (or the arabian penninsula in general).  you don't find that sort of blending and assimilation with the european colonizations.  in that sense there is an argument to be made.  but it seems clear that there have been tensions between africans and arabs, partially along racial lines, and partially along religious lines in the cases where african populations have not embraced islam.  if you look at the darfur, it has been described as arabs vs africans, but most of the africans in the sudan also have african roots whether it be egyptian or nubian.

i don't agree completely with infinite on this issue; but your suggestion that the arab/african relationship has been like european colonization has no basis.  arab culture has been fully embraced by the peoples of many african nations (after being conquered); what former european colony in africa can make the same argument?  you are effectively comparing assimilation into the arab world, with colonization and exploitation by the european world.

pfffff watever man. i'm not arguing or comparing shit. all i'm saying is arabs and muslims arent perfect like abdul would like to think.

abdul made the comparison, he said white people caused disease and famine, arabs developed a beautiful relationship. therefor i started this thread.

how many chrisitians are in Africa right now helping tribes ? Have you ever heard of Mother Teresa ?

chief we are on the same wave length i'd don't believe white people have always acted rightiously, but neither have muslims, arabs, blacks etc. but infinite would prefer to ingore the those aspects. hence he speaks out so strongly about america over throwing sadam in iraq but he thinks it would be a good idea for iran to invade iraq (check my sig).....

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

coola

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2006, 06:38:44 AM »

chief we are on the same wave length i'd don't believe white people have always acted rightiously, but neither have muslims, arabs, blacks etc. but infinite would prefer to ingore the those aspects. hence he speaks out so strongly about america over throwing sadam in iraq but he thinks it would be a good idea for iran to invade iraq (check my sig).....

yep, i still havent read a reply from him when i asked him what he thought about the iraqis that wanted suddam overthrown... i dont think i'll get one either..

coola

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2006, 06:50:58 AM »

yep, i still havent read a reply from him when i asked him what he thought about the iraqis that wanted suddam overthrown... i dont think i'll get one either..

i guess it doesnt matter anyway... i know the answer... they are hypocrites and traitors because they want freedom for their children... touche.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2006, 08:27:57 AM »

i agree with you there.  however, you were comparing shit; and your comparison was flawed.  if you want to say "noone is perfect"; fine i agree with you 100%.  when you start arguing the arab presence was just as bad...the facts don't support that; and the arabs also did some horrific things in the name of islam. 

how many chrisitians are in Africa right now helping tribes? Have you ever heard of Mother Teresa?

western policies promote disease and famine in africa.  european colonization is largely responsible for much of the disease and famine in africa.  africa as a whole would be better off had the europeans never invaded at all.  the poverty, the disease, the famine in africa can largely be attributed to colonization, creation of fake states, and forcing cash and now market based economies on the people.  mother teresa did not come close to undoing the harm that was done by the europeans (largely in the name of christianity) in general.  one woman cannot undo all of those sins and harms.

ofcourse there are good christians in the world, it is simply not possible to argue that the good christians have balanced out the effects of the bad.  the europeans have spread poverty, and oppression across the globe.  they have annihilated cultures across the globe.  i'll be the first to argue that these evils had nothing to do with the teachings of christ.  but you cannot deny that european committed these evils.  and this was done under the guise of spreading christianity.

"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

coola

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2006, 08:33:14 AM »

i agree with you there.  however, you were comparing shit; and your comparison was flawed.  if you want to say "noone is perfect"; fine i agree with you 100%.  when you start arguing the arab presence was just as bad...the facts don't support that; and the arabs also did some horrific things in the name of islam. 

how many chrisitians are in Africa right now helping tribes? Have you ever heard of Mother Teresa?

western policies promote disease and famine in africa.  european colonization is largely responsible for much of the disease and famine in africa.  africa as a whole would be better off had the europeans never invaded at all.  the poverty, the disease, the famine in africa can largely be attributed to colonization, creation of fake states, and forcing cash and now market based economies on the people.  mother teresa did not come close to undoing the harm that was done by the europeans (largely in the name of christianity) in general.  one woman cannot undo all of those sins and harms.

ofcourse there are good christians in the world, it is simply not possible to argue that the good christians have balanced out the effects of the bad.  the europeans have spread poverty, and oppression across the globe.  they have annihilated cultures across the globe.  i'll be the first to argue that these evils had nothing to do with the teachings of christ.  but you cannot deny that european committed these evils.  and this was done under the guise of spreading christianity.

^ when did i deny any of that ?

coola

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2006, 08:34:05 AM »

^ when did i deny any of that ?

and i'm not agreeing with it either  ;)

lets get one thing strait here. what the westerners did in Africa was wrong. there is no other way around it.

lets think about the mentality in the 19th century. divide and conquer. survival of the fittest. if the whites didnt invade Africa, i can guarantee you a different race would have.

so when will you people realise its not about race ?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 08:57:09 AM by Chief »

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2006, 07:15:59 AM »
most of these muslims in france and britian don't represent islam

Who does then represent Islam? Could you give examples of Muslim populations that do represent Islam in your opinion?

We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2006, 07:25:51 AM »
africa as a whole would be better off had the europeans never invaded at all.

Hmmm, Im sorry, have you lived in a parallel universe in which Europeans didn't invade Africa? and in that parallel universe did u conduct a referendum among the Africans, regarding their wellbeing?- I doubt it. Yet you seem so assured.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2006, 07:40:28 AM »
if the whites didnt invade Africa, i can guarantee  you a different race would have.

Really?..."GUARANTEE"?!! what kind of an interdimensional devise do u use to travel to parallel universes man? or are you maybe a close friend of the almighty?....."GUARANTEE"....lol...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 07:42:05 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »

coola

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2006, 10:28:25 AM »
if the whites didnt invade Africa, i can guarantee  you a different race would have.

Really?..."GUARANTEE"?!! what kind of an interdimensional devise do u use to travel to parallel universes man? or are you maybe a close friend of the almighty?....."GUARANTEE"....lol...

there is no way Africa would have been left alone.

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2006, 10:36:33 AM »
/\/\/\
you right.its not about race,its about power,if africans had the military power of europe at that time it would have been the other way around
United Arab States

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2006, 10:42:19 AM »

"Guarantee", "no way"...wow, Im really impressed...hey, I think you should use this gift you got, the ability to determine the alternative courses of history, to help fix some major problems in the world..

p.s
say hey to the big man

coola

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2006, 10:46:49 AM »

"Guarantee", "no way"...wow, Im really impressed...hey, I think you should use this gift you got, the ability to determine the alternative courses of history, to help fix some major problems in the world..

p.s
say hey to the big man

what are you talking about man ? what was on everyones predominant agenda in the 19th century ? power and control.. this ultimately had to include forcing their views on other cultures, because each culture believed theirs was superior and righteous.

isn't that basic ?

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2006, 12:40:21 PM »
what are you talking about man ? what was on everyones predominant agenda in the 19th century ? power and control.. this ultimately had to include forcing their views on other cultures, because each culture believed theirs was superior and righteous.

isn't that basic ?

Basic?...You're addressing hypothetical circumstances. Hypothetical as in non-existent. You're making a claim history would have taken a certain route under assumed circumstances. What is interesting, is that you seem to be 100% convinced in something that never happent. There is an infinite number of factors that could influence Africa's fate had the circumstances been different even to the slightest extent, from the historical course of occurrence.