Author Topic: Trade rumor: Kevin Garnett for Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum, Chris Mihm+draft picks!  (Read 3600 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lakers need to get rid of....Chris Mihm, B.Cook, D.Goearge, Smush, JJ, Aron Mckie, Von Wafer, Devin Green.

Lakers need to sign - Chris Wilcox, Bobby Jackson.

STARTERS

C: Kwame
PF: Chris Wilcox
SF: Lamar Odom
SG: Mr. 81
PG: Sasha

BENCH
Ronny Turiaff
Bobby Jackson
Andrew Bynum
Luke Walton

Now_Im_Not_Banned

kobe needs to take a paycut. he's getting $136 million, if he just gave up the #36mill thats enough to get us some decent players (hint: ben gordon). keep in mind we need a pure shooter to successfully run the triangle

LMAO@Ben Gordon...Ben Gordon is a horrible fit and has some of the worst defense in the league...Kobe is in the middle of a contract, they can't use Kobe's contract money to obtain players...LMFAO. You're hilarious.

is kareem rush back officially? and why wont george resign?

No...In my opinion, Laker are definitely gunna take a look at him though and SHOULD pick him up. George won't re-sign with us because we're not gunna offer him the money he can get elsewhere...Same reason Fisher left in '04...

in his prime and still missing fast break layups? trade the son-of-a-bitch!

He's entering his prime and he's played EXCELLENT basketball the second half of the season...Stop the hating, Odom has done amazing except for in game 7...We are not making this awful trade. Get over it...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
kobe needs to take a paycut. he's getting $136 million, if he just gave up the #36mill thats enough to get us some decent players (hint: ben gordon). keep in mind we need a pure shooter to successfully run the triangle
It's too late for him to take a paycut. He's signed through at least the 09/10 season. The CBA states a player can't renegotiate their contract to get paid less money.

How's that tooooo fucking muuuuuch? Mihm blows, draft picks most likely blow, Bynum will never become the player yall expect him to become, Odom.. well.

couldn't have said it better!
Do you know how rare quality big men are? Bynum is a diamond in the dirt and the Lakers have him. Although if Phil Jackson contiues to bench Bynum (I'll be really upset if he doesn't play 15 mpg next season) then he's wasted talent. If the Lakers traded both their draft picks they could probably get a really good bench player by itself.

a new backup SG (Kareem Rush should be perfect), a new backup SF (since George will not resign)

is kareem rush back officially? and why wont george resign?
Kareem is still with the Bobcats, but his contract is up this offseason. George won't resign with the Lakers because he'll most likely want the enitire mid-level exception the Lakers have (about $5M) which the Lakers probably won't (and should't IMO) give him.

WTF are you talking about? You honestly think that's a fair trade? ODOM IS JUST NOW ENTERTING HIS PRIME.

in his prime and still missing fast break layups? trade the son-of-a-bitch!
Did you not see him in the playoffs? With an offseason of training he'll be a 20  10  5 player. The dude's 27, he is entering his prime.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Lakers need to get rid of....Chris Mihm, B.Cook, D.Goearge, Smush, JJ, Aron Mckie, Von Wafer, Devin Green.

Lakers need to sign - Chris Wilcox, Bobby Jackson.

STARTERS

C: Kwame
PF: Chris Wilcox
SF: Lamar Odom
SG: Mr. 81
PG: Sasha

BENCH
Ronny Turiaff
Bobby Jackson
Andrew Bynum
Luke Walton

WTF? I don't like that at all...We need a big who can shoot, we should keep Brian Cook. Bobby Jackson is injury prone and wont fit in our system...Smush is one of our biggest steals, he's definitely worth the money, we need to keep him too. Mihm, I don't even want to get into...He's an athletic 7 footer who can score around the basket, I would definitely not give up on him, we need more post players than Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum...Von Wafer and Devin Green are young with upside, especially Von Wafer...I wouldn't give up on them just yet, they never got the chance to prove themselves...However, Kareem Rush would be my ultimate choice for back-up SG...I dunno, man...I still think we should keep our main contributors in tact and get rid of the others (Jim Jackson, Aaron McKie, Devean George) and replace them with players we really need...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Kareem is still with the Bobcats, but his contract is up this offseason.

^^Sorry, but this is wrong...The Bobcats waived Rush before the season was over, he is no long with them...PeACe

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
I think that is givin up too much. I don't see Bynum becoming GREAT GREAT though...maybe a 15-8 Center as said before, and maybe an "almost all-star" or somethin, but he just isn't athletic enough to become a dominant force in the league.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster

Kareem is still with the Bobcats, but his contract is up this offseason.

^^Sorry, but this is wrong...The Bobcats waived Rush before the season was over, he is no long with them...PeACe
My bad. :-[

Now_Im_Not_Banned

I think that is givin up too much. I don't see Bynum becoming GREAT GREAT though...maybe a 15-8 Center as said before, and maybe an "almost all-star" or somethin, but he just isn't athletic enough to become a dominant force in the league.

He's not athletic enough? Look at Shaq man...LOL. Bynum's a 7 footer with a wide-set body. A true center. Those are rare nowadays... He's learning all the fundamentals from Kareem himself...I think he will be AT LEAST an all-star at some point in his career...Kid has some upside...PeACe

PLANT

One thing for sure is that you know you cant count on Bynum to develope when you have the former #1 pick Kwame Brown on your team.  NIK you said you will get at least 15 and 8 from Bynum well too bad you cant say the same for Kwame.  In 4 or 5 seasons his numbers have been nowhere close to that.....You can only HOPE Bynum developes.  At least with KG, you know youre getting the REAL DEAL.  A sure thing.

If I was the Lakers, I would make this deal in a heart beat.  If you have KG and Kobe there, its only going to attract better players and players who want to win a title...  Nobody is going to sign with LA when their main objective is to develope players like Kwame Brown, Bynum and Sasha V.....
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 04:13:55 PM by PLANT IZ ACTIVE »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

One thing for sure is that you know you cant count on Bynum to develope when you have the former #1 pick Kwame Brown on your team.  NIK you said you will get at least 15 and 8 from Bynum well too bad you cant say the same for Kwame.  In 4 or 5 seasons his numbers have been nowhere close to that.....You can only HOPE Bynum developes.  At least with KG, you know youre getting the REAL DEAL.  A sure thing.

WTF are you talking about? Kwame showed a lot of promise during the end of the season...He was averaging 14-9 as a starter in the 2nd half of the season. Have you even watched any Lakers games within the past year? As for the trade, it's not only BYNUM we're giving away...The centerpiece is Lamar Odom...Like I said, Odom is just now entering his prime while KG is exiting his...The trade is definitely not a good one...PeAcE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Nobody is going to sign with LA when their main objective is to develope players like Kwame Brown, Bynum and Sasha V.....

LA will attract players no matter what...Our main objective is not to develop those players, though we've been doing it in the process, and it's been working out just fine...I think this trade has way too much potential of harming us in the long run...PeaCE

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Have you even watched any Lakers games within the past year?
No. Most of them just remember the last 3 games of the playoffs as if the rest of the season/other 4 playoff games didn't happen. :P

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nobody is going to sign with LA when their main objective is to develope players like Kwame Brown, Bynum and Sasha V.....

Next year our main objective is AT LEAST the Western Conference Semifinals, man. But i'm sure we can reach the WCF too, if we're smarter than we was this year. It's right that with KB and KG in the same team, a lot of FA will like to sign to L.A. to take a ride, but i think our GM is trying to build a new dynasty. That's why we traded Shaq in the first place. Cause it wasn't about getting just another ring, but to rebuild the team around youngs to win 3-4 other titles in a row.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Aparently, KG has demanded a traded. :o :o :o

http://realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=513259

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Here we go! 8)