Author Topic: whats a good digital camera?  (Read 114 times)

GangstaBoogy

whats a good digital camera?
« on: May 10, 2006, 11:06:34 AM »
i need one thats good quality in both indoors and outdoors. and im not tryna pay $300+ for it
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: whats a good digital camera?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 11:24:13 AM »
i'm about to buy a compact digital camera myself, the ones i been looking at are the Canon IXUS 55 and the Fuji Z1 or the newer Z2. they have really good reviews, my dad is going to China next week on business, so i told him to look out for them.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Word to Everything

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 11:28:19 AM »
Check CNET.com get a camera with 5 mega-pixels that's all you need, get something with a nice big screen.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4566-6501_7-0.html?tag=dffl2_3&filter=501375_7404275_

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 11:55:59 AM »
Well, Canon or Nikon are the two best brands on the market when it comes to photography, but then again, it's quite expensive.
I've got a Samsung V-50 myself (bought it 2 years ago...at the time it was the newest model they had) and I don't have a single complaint about it. I believe it's 5.0 megapixels (could be 6.0, I forgot to be honest) and you've got quite a lot of different/handy options in the Menu ('shutterspeed' to name one). You can also use it for filming, which has already come in handy a few times actually...

All in all, it's a very good camera. Not big at all, but also not too small (those tiny digi-cams are just ridiculous and not handy in my opinion).

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 11:57:46 AM by CRAFTY »

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 12:40:22 PM »
stick to canon they give you the best point in shoot cameras point black ... your pictures will come out looking bright and full of color... great cameras... i currently have a Canon SD110 which is already gettin quite old but it still kicks ass its been dropped plenty of times and its still kickin.....

but you pay for what you get... Canon is the way to go... my cam by the way is a 3.2 megapixel and ive never needed anything bigger.... 3.2 megapixel cameras will print a nice 8 x 10 for you easily so i dont really need anything bigger like i said... anything really over 5 mega pixels or so is overkill for the adverage consumer... and remember its not about megapixels its about quality photos...

OH and one of the best things about the canon is battery life! its last a good long time with every charge

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 02:07:11 PM »
stick to canon they give you the best point in shoot cameras point black ... your pictures will come out looking bright and full of color... great cameras... i currently have a Canon SD110 which is already gettin quite old but it still kicks ass its been dropped plenty of times and its still kickin.....

but you pay for what you get... Canon is the way to go... my cam by the way is a 3.2 megapixel and ive never needed anything bigger.... 3.2 megapixel cameras will print a nice 8 x 10 for you easily so i dont really need anything bigger like i said... anything really over 5 mega pixels or so is overkill for the adverage consumer... and remember its not about megapixels its about quality photos...

OH and one of the best things about the canon is battery life! its last a good long time with every charge

you said the 2 things im looking for. pictures bright and full of color - and battery life. i have a hp812 and that muhfucka eats through batteries like its nothin. i found out the hardway it uses up the batteries even when the camera is off

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 02:23:38 PM »

you said the 2 things im looking for. pictures bright and full of color - and battery life. i have a hp812 and that muhfucka eats through batteries like its nothin. i found out the hardway it uses up the batteries even when the camera is off

also its a rechargable battery on most models make sure you pick one of those up with a rechargable battery because then you dont have to go out and buy them....

i think all the "SD" models are rechargable batteries and the INUX which is the european version of the "SD" i believe

one other thing you will have to pick up with any camera you buy is a memory card... u should look to get ATLEST a 256mb card but i personally would go with atleast a 512mb to be comfortable i currently have a 2gb card but thats because i got that card hooked up through a friend

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 02:50:37 PM »
"What's a good digital camera?"

I agree with E.J. Rizo.  I have the same camera he has... the SD110 and that fucker kicks ass.  Great photos and great battery life.  Although I have 2 batteries (just in case), I've never needed to change batteries in one day/night.

The photo quality on a Canon is awesome.

About a week ago I wanted to upgrade to something with more megapixels.  There was never a doubt it would be a Canon.  I decided on this one... the SD630...

Note: IXUS is the equivalent to SD in the U.S.

The screen is MASSIVE!  The camera dishes out 6 megapixels (more than plenty like E.J. Rizo said).  I was worried about the battery life given the 3 inch screen, but the battery lasts about the same as my old SD110 model witht he now tiny screen (comparing the two is a joke).

Don't let the image size above deceive you.  The SD630 is thiner than the SD110 and as wide.

The functions are pretty much the same, so I didn't have to learn a bunch of new functions.

Having said all that, the SD630 cost me $360... well worth it!

I'm sure you can cop a really nice SD300 or SD400 or SD500 for under $300

Good luck  :)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 03:41:41 PM »
^can you post up some photo samples?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 06:37:12 PM »
i done alot of research into cameras one thing i will say is there are alot of people complaining about canon's lcd screens breaking, although that does put me off i'm still after the IXUS 55

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 07:04:27 PM »
^can you post up some photo samples?

I'll do a field test tomorrow and take the same shot with each camera... give me a day or two to get these up.

Peace  8)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 07:13:22 PM »
i done alot of research into cameras one thing i will say is there are alot of people complaining about canon's lcd screens breaking, although that does put me off i'm still after the IXUS 55

The screens don't just break.  They usually break after they are slammed into something or vice versa, or when the camera is dropped.  If you are good at using the wrist strap that comes with the camera, your camera will be just fine.  I know... using the strap is gay, but at least you won't feel like shit when the camera slips off your hands and is rescued by the wrist strap.

Believe me, I purchased the SD110 THREE times because of drops.  Surprisingly, the screen always worked fine afterwards... it was the lens that got busted up.