Author Topic: A tribute to the man who single handedly turned the CL final...  (Read 954 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: A tribute to the man who single handedly turned the CL final...
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 06:24:05 PM »
I don't think you understand my point. He would have been a better player if he played for a better club. He might not have won as many things as he did with Celtic, but he probably would've made more money and would've gained more status.

yeah he would have been more well known, I'll admit to that.

but being a more technically gifted player as well as a more prolific goalscorer on both a domestic and european stage?

i doubt it
NO MORE WAR

mauzip

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 06:28:27 PM »
I don't think you understand my point. He would have been a better player if he played for a better club. He might not have won as many things as he did with Celtic, but he probably would've made more money and would've gained more status.

yeah he would have been more well known, I'll admit to that.

but being a more technically gifted player as well as a more prolific goalscorer on both a domestic and european stage?

i doubt it

In the past few years AZ has achieved almost as much as Celtic has. Does AZ count in Europe? Hell no. You know it and I know it.

You act like Larsson is a better player than Van Basten.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 06:37:03 PM »
In the past few years AZ has achieved almost as much as Celtic has.

come on?  ure kidding right?

AZ reached the semi-final in the UEFA Cup.

Celtic since 2002 have beaten: Porto, Rosenborg, Juventus, Blackburn, Celta Vigo, Stuttgart, Liverpool, Boavista, Lyon & Anderlecht.

As well as drawing with Bayern, Villarreal & Milan.

And that is only the big teams I'm mentioning.
NO MORE WAR

africas seed

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 07:06:52 PM »
props to Larsson.
great substition by barca

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 07:38:54 PM »
Eh Mac you forgot we have beaten Barcelona and drew with them twice at the Nou Camp (Ronaldinho and all) and also beat Valencia (Although we lost the tie on penalties) and Ajax.  8)

AZ have beaten who exactly??.....

Henrik Larsson has scored in Champions leagues, Uefa Cups, World Cups, european Championships, Dutch Leagues, Swedish Leagues, Scottish Leagues.

He IS well respected, the fact he played for a scottish club is irrleevant, all across Europe.

And since when are Celtic a "small" club anyway?....Coz we play in a piss poor league doesnt mean we are at that level. Celtic would be european contenders in any league in Europe. It is a known fact that Celtic are one of, if not the, biggest draws in Europe fan base wise, Hence why we get asked to do so many testimonials as you are garunteed 15, 000 fans at least.......

And i just have to laugh at a AZ Alkmaar fan doubting CELTIC'S credentials. haha

Keep on dreaming that your club is as respected as mine........

The Maestro

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 07:55:52 PM »
The man we all know as The King of Kings tonight showed the rest of the world just why we hold him in such high regard.

With Barcelona 1-0 down against Arsenal in the final of the European Cup and struggling to get the vital equaliser Henrik Larsson was introduced with 30 minutes left to play and turned the game with two sublime passes which not only took the Trophy back to Catalonia but catapulted Celtic into the group stage of the Champions League (and Pot 2 in the draw).

The cash bonanza which automatic entry into the biggest club tournament in the world will bring to the club will be discussed in the coming weeks but, for now, all that I can think of is the huge pride and joy which I felt and am still feeling when I saw Henrik Larsson collect the one medal that he undoubtedly deserves.

Who can forget how gutted he was when he found himself on the losing side in Seville despite scoring two goals? The bhoy was absolutely devastated and who could blame him after the performance he had produced. Perhaps he thought that night was his last chance at a European winners medal but for Henrik there was a to be a greater prize, the ultimate prize, the same prize the Lisbon Lions had amazingly won way back in 1967.

And didn’t he do it in style? Thierry Henry sang the praises of Henke after the game and credited him with winning the trophy for Barca. “Everyone spoke about Ronaldinho but I didn’t see him tonight. I didn’t see Samual Eto’o. I only saw one man. Henrik Larsson. Let’s talk about him”. A sublime touch into the path of Samual Eto’o saw Barcelona get the equaliser but his first touch and defence splitting pass which provided Belletti with the space to score the winning goal was truly the work of a genius. How fitting that it was against one of the top English Premiership sides when one remembers the amount of commentators from south of the border who have questioned his credentials over the years. Fitting that the best striker that has ever graced that league was, by his own admission, upstaged by the former SPL striker.

The Barcelona fans mobbed Henrik at the end of the game and clearly love the guy as much as we do, especially after tonight’s performance, and he will be treated like a God in the coming days, weeks and years by the passionate Catalan fans who will no doubt be desperate to see him make a u-turn on his decision to quit them after tonight’s game to return home to Sweden to play for his home-town club Helsingborg but, having achieved the ultimate goal they will most likely be wasting their time.

Thank you one last time for what you have done for your old club tonight Henke. As if we don’t love you enough you have now presented us with perhaps the best chance of progressing past the group stages of the Champions League, not just by your achievements tonight but by your contribution to our European coefficient over the years.

But more importantly Henke, take a bow, lap it up, party like there’s no tomorrow because, if there is one player in today’s game who deserves it, who has truly earned it, it is you.

God Bless you Henrik!

The Maestro

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 12:53:25 PM »
Always rated Larrson, people would say he only looked good because he was palying in the scottish league against poor opposition. His performances for sweden and barcelona have proven he is an amazing player.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 12:55:20 PM by KURUPTION-81 »

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 01:59:41 PM »
Always rated Larrson, people would say he only looked good because he was palying in the scottish league against poor opposition. His performances for sweden and barcelona have proven he is an amazing player.

+1 for spittin the truth
NO MORE WAR

Bomb-A®

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2006, 08:42:48 AM »

WHAT A NIGHT, WHAT A HERO, WHAT A LEGEND!!  ;D

great...now put your green and white striped dick away....j/k

a truly great performance

peace

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2006, 08:50:28 AM »

lol  +1
NO MORE WAR

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2006, 03:28:58 AM »

WHAT A NIGHT, WHAT A HERO, WHAT A LEGEND!!  ;D

a truly great performance

peace

lmao... liked it, even tho i hav a green and white striped dick 2!!!!