Author Topic: Miami vs. Detroit - Again  (Read 3482 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Miami vs. Detroit - Again
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2006, 02:07:15 AM »
Congrats to Miami, obvious win... Saunders shows once again he can't do shit in postseason

wcsoldier

« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2006, 02:11:47 AM »
i really hope the heat win the finals they deserve it

dwane wade he's the future, he deserves it
shaq, took some heat for leaving LA, still doing his thang, the third team he helped get to the finals he deserves number 4
mourning, outside of shaq one of the best centers from the 90's , definately deserves this
then payton, ass hole at times , but i don't want to see him as one of those player to never win it all

Mavs gonna take it, please believe it... they're the best team in these playoffs and Nowitzki the best player

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2006, 03:45:08 AM »
LMAO... Shaq haters are going to be pissed

28 points on VERY good shooting, 15 rebounds, 5 blocks? LOL...

Not to take away the credit off Miami... but what the hell is wrong with the Pistons since game 3 against the Cavs Lol? Not only was their defense FAR from its trademark strength, their offense in the first 3 quarters was absolutely horrible... 28 percent LMAO... one could think Miami are the next Pistons when it comes to defense, but they're so not... Detroit got open shots left and right and didn't make ANY of them... loool!
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

wcsoldier

« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2006, 03:50:08 AM »
^^^^ That's why I've been saying for a long , don't get me wrong , Miami has improved a lot from 1st round to Eastern finals but their level is nothing mind blowing.. it's just that the Pistons were at 50% of their regular season/ latest 2 years level (especially defense wise). There are huge "off court" pbs in this team without a doubt

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2006, 02:25:55 PM »
the pistons won but this was still a horrible game

rasheed wallace - 4 points?

how many times did rip hamilton get the exact same shot blocked by shaq?

LOL. That was awesome...It took the Pistons falling apart for the Heat to advance. If the Mavericks maintain their composure, Miami has no chance...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2006, 02:29:50 PM »
the pistons won but this was still a horrible game

rasheed wallace - 4 points?

how many times did rip hamilton get the exact same shot blocked by shaq?

Ben Wallace's was better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5svfUckueM&search=shaq%20ben%20wallace

But not the first time Snaq couldn't get high enough off the ground...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjXRTV8522c&search=shaq%20ben%20wallace

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2006, 02:45:52 PM »
i really hope the heat win the finals they deserve it

dwane wade he's the future, he deserves it
shaq, took some heat for leaving LA, still doing his thang, the third team he helped get to the finals he deserves number 4
mourning, outside of shaq one of the best centers from the 90's , definately deserves this
then payton, ass hole at times , but i don't want to see him as one of those player to never win it all

You know what you're asking for? The Big Dope will never shut his mouth if he wins, and the media will be re-energized to bash the Lakers for letting him go and more reason to bash Kobe. If you are a Laker fan, I don't know how you could be pulling for that. Shaq was the source for all the bad information about Kobe hitting the media, it's pretty much impossible to root for the guy and call yourself a Laker fan in my opinion. Ask yourself, does Shaq play for himself or does he play for his team? He's made his selfish intentions pretty clear, talking shit about LA, he's talked massive amounts of shit about our organization, our owners, our fans, he called us a "fake city", I'll never EVER forget that, all because Jerry Buss didn't wanna pay 30-40 million a year. Buss still offered him a whopping extension, which he turned down, only to take less money when he realized the Heat wouldn't offer any more...Last night BSPN reported that Wade was his best teammate ever, Shaq's still talking shit- "I never had one argument with Wade. Not even close. I am not used to that coming from a 2 guard." He disrepected the Lakers, the owner, the FO, Kobe, and even the city of LA. If you can still respect a guy who would go out of his way to bash you, then all you're showing is that you need to wise up.

2002-2003 - Shaquille O'Neal, who was sidelined with a toe injury. O'Neal could have had surgery on his toe early in the summer (which would have allowed him to return to playing sooner), however he decided to wait and have the surgery performed not long before the Lakers' pre-season training camp began, rationalizing that "I got hurt on company time, so I’ll heal on company time". The Lakers ended that season with the 5th seed in the Western Conference, failing to get home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs.

2003-2004 - O'Neal and Bryant began feuding once more. The opening salvo, at least publicly, came from O'Neal at the start of the Lakers' pre-season training camp. With Bryant absent from camp due to his legal situation and his recovery from knee surgery, O'Neal answered questions about the Lakers' not having their whole team together yet in camp by pointedly insisting that the whole team was in fact there. Though never mentioning Bryant by name, O'Neal's comments seemed clearly intended to belittle Bryant's importance to the team.

When Bryant joined the Lakers in camp, O'Neal then made a comment to the media suggesting he felt Bryant should look to be more of a passer than a scorer until Bryant's knee was fully healed. Although the comment, taken by itself, was not an overt criticism, in light of O'Neal's previous comments, Bryant took offense, and fired back that he did not appreciate unsolicited advice from O'Neal on how to play the guard position.

O'Neal then responded that he would voice his opinions as he saw fit because the Lakers were his team. Referring to the fact that Bryant would be able to become a free agent at the season's end, O'Neal commented that if Bryant didn't like what O'Neal had to say, Bryant should just leave the team and play elsewhere the next season.

Oct. 2003 - O'Neal talked about his desired extension in interviews before the exhibition opener Tuesday against Golden State. Then, in the third quarter of the game, after he made six straight shots, scored 14 points and emphatically rejected a shot by Golden State's Mike Dunleavy, O'Neal turned to the Lakers bench and yelled, "Now you gonna pay me?"

Owner Jerry Buss was seated on the other side of the court, however. A short time later, as O'Neal was on the bench during a timeout, he turned to reporters seated courtside and mouthed the words, "Pay me."

Before the game the next night, O'Neal saw reporters in the hallway outside the locker room, rubbed his fingers together in a money-counting gesture and shouted out, "Show me the money! Show me the money!"

Under National Basketball Association rules, O'Neal is eligible to receive a three-year extension worth upward of $108 million. O'Neal signed a maximum extension in 2000.

The extension for which O'Neal is eligible is so incredibly large because he is one of the rare players whose salary was grandfathered in before the latest collective bargaining agreement put a maximum on salaries.

The extension, which would start in 2006-'07, could make him the NBA's highest-paid player in that season by $12 million to $14 million over Minnesota's Kevin Garnett, who is also grandfathered in. Garnett, however, did not demand the maximum in his recent deal and "settled" for $100 million over five seasons, even though he was eligible for more than $180 million.

The way O'Neal looks at it, he is worth the maximum.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2006, 05:18:05 PM »
^^^

shaq.....took a pay cut last summer so the heat could sign the necessary free agents to help them get over the hump.The Detroit Pistons he recognized he needed help

hes visibly taken a step back and has admitted to Dywane Wade bein the Star player and O'neal still the leader. why wouldn't u wanna listen to him hes been there before... Finals mvp and won some championships

but ya ego's have clashed in the past
a young o neal/ penny hardaway = o neal

a still young o neal / kobe = o neal

a 34 year old shaq/ wade = Wade

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2006, 05:22:33 PM »
^^^

shaq.....took a pay cut last summer so the heat could sign the necessary free agents to help them get over the hump.The Detroit Pistons he recognized he needed help

hes visibly taken a step back and has admitted to Dywane Wade bein the Star player and O'neal still the leader. why wouldn't u wanna listen to him hes been there before... Finals mvp and won some championships

but ya ego's have clashed in the past
a young o neal/ penny hardaway = o neal

a still young o neal / kobe = o neal

a 34 year old shaq/ wade = Wade

Exactly...He wasn't acting like this in LA, he wasn't willing to let the offense run through Kobe and admit he was no longer the best, and most of all, he refused to sign for less than the max so we could sign Kobe as well...Him doing the complete opposite in Miami is only more reason for Laker fans to hate what he's done...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2006, 05:39:30 PM »
^like i always said - shaq became a perfect player AFTER he got traded to miami. he took a backseat to dwyane wade. he lost a like 30 pounds. and he started practicing his free throws...

...now why couldn't he do any of that while he was in L.A.?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2006, 05:56:45 PM »
he does it now to rub it in the lakers' faces. he does it to rub the championship he wants in kobe's, jerry's and everyone who likes the lakers faces.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2006, 10:13:11 PM »
The big baby proves himself to be immature and selfish. Regardless, Shaq is not even half of what he was. IF we woulda' extended his contract like he wanted, we'd have no money to sign Kobe (who's contract was actually DUE, as opposed to Shaq whining when his contract had 3 years lef), plus, we'd have no money to sign anyone else. He wanted to kill us financially because he thought he was worth more than the team. Imagine a broke down Shaq on the current Lakers.

PG Smush Parker
SG Luke Walton
SF Devean Goerge
PF Brian Cook
C Shaquille O'Neal (40 game a season average)

YIKES!