Author Topic: Obie Trice Says Eminem Is A Better Producer Than Dr. Dre In New Interview  (Read 1465 times)

The Predator

who the fuck is Obie to voice his opinion on producing

Someone who has been in the studio with both producers and has seen them first hand. We have no basis on jusging either as a producer. Only people that have heard the raw product and compared it to the produced one have the ability to judge.

What really gets me with so many rap fans is that they all too often confuse producing with composing. Let me let you in on a little secret; Dre sucks as a composer. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being the Madden Brothers from Good Charlotte and 10 being Paul McCartney) Dre is a 2. Maybe Obie knows that Em at least hums out most of te stuff he puts out while Dre just takes it from others and put is together, then puts his name on it (making Em a 2.1). None of you guys have seen either in a studio so you can't judge. I'm not saying Obie is right, I'm just saying you can't say he is wrong.

Before everyone jumps one for "hating" hip hop let me just say I have great respect for the art. The art is the rhyming, the flow, the word play, the lyric, the patterns, the scratching, and the complex sampling. Simply looping established melodies and adding a simple drum track should never overshadow what I stated as the art and unfortunately it has and that is the main reason hip hop sucks now.

Oh shut up, we all know you think you're better than us cause you think youre listening to better, more demanding music. Eat a dick right there.

hahahaha

Bomb-A®

this thread makes me laugh

peace