Author Topic: 2006 update  (Read 2545 times)

Trayvone

• 'G'
  • REPPIN NORTH LONG BEACH
Re: 2006 update
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 09:22:06 AM »
Does this guy ever give direct information about anything? Everything seems to be fuzzy or an opinion of his. Whatever though....

I was thinking the same thing, hes never reallly saying anything informative or anything we don't already know

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2006, 01:00:50 PM »
Thanks Mellow, always appreciate your comments , of course I want some crazy shit for Dre(orchestra, lots of different instruments..)  hip hop needs to improve and change sound wise  (I don't even talk about lyrics  :-X) but it's kinda  sad we still count on Dre to make it happen..

word. for me i would love only mcs on there who can flow and have that real talent to ride the beat and not because they are lyricists. i think everyone wants this album for the sound. I would like to hear snoop and most definitely 6"2 riding crazy on some insane musical productions - i don't care what they are saying as long as it is not wack political shit. Most of the rappers Mellow listed as being "positive" are as irrelevant and fake as those who occupy a fantasy world of bitches and glocks. They are just not "real" (whatever the fuck that means) - old men who are rich and made it are not compelling as political artists (except for Cube), political hip hop works when it is produced by young angry dudes who aint preaching they just straight militant. I'll quit the ranting shit now...  :-X         

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2006, 01:05:55 PM »
Does this guy ever give direct information about anything? Everything seems to be fuzzy or an opinion of his. Whatever though....

mellowmanisback

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2006, 01:56:33 PM »
Couldn't go away without coming back to see what y'all are saying.  its always nice to see old friends back too. what's up zilla? I totally agree with ya as far as not bringing much news. For one I am much more out of the loop now and 2, there really isn't any news to report. that's one of the reasons i will probably only come back once or twice a year. I think everyone would get real tired of me posting the same thing over and over again without any news to report.  Plus I'm way too busy and too old to be spending a lot of time on these forums.   i do appreciate the feedback about a lot of you being open and/or hoping Dre goes the orchestra/heavy live instrument type route on Detox.  I'll definitely pass it on. I hope he goes this way cause he has a lot of great tracks like that already as well as a lot of skeleton blueprints of tracks that would be very compatible with building orchestral movements on top of. 
If you want some news, I kind of briefly mentioned it earlier, but if you want to know the reason Dre kept Nightmares off Blood Money was cause he didn't want to waste his experimental beat he had on that track on that particular album.  he's keeping it for Detox.  Don't be suprised to see Imagine show up there as well.  Detox will be all Dre produced.  There will be no beat that Dre doesn't produce, there may be two or three that he coproduced or remixes/rebuilds.  It's also time for a certain uk banned dogg to go see the doctor. Peace.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2006, 01:59:08 PM »
^^ mobb deep and busta must feel dumb, they hyped their dre tracks up in all the magazines and they didn't even end up getting them...

I got faith that detox will drop though, and it's gonna be crazy.

acgrundy

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2006, 02:00:16 PM »
do u know why dre didn't show up to the cali is active video shoot?

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2006, 02:07:37 PM »
shit is crazy, i'm almost starting to believe detox might happen.  ;D

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2006, 02:22:25 PM »
I agree with many of his opinions, but Zilla's right - it's not like he's dropping jewels of knowledge.  It's always VERY vague and rehashing the same things over and over.  Dre's the greatest, Detox is gonna change the game, not sure when it's dropping, 5.1 surround sound, bla bla bla.  I could write the exact same shit.  Why can he only post a couple times a year? LOL, its like he said - it'd be tough for him to keep up his bullshit stories.  There would be so many ways he could validate himself but he never does. 

I"m not hatin on dude, cuz like I said I think he's got some valid points on the industry and such.  But he's yet to ever say anything that made me believe that he works with Dre.  And until he does, as far as i'm concerned he's a phony.

WestCoasta

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2006, 02:28:07 PM »
this whole thing just goes nowhere

Matty

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 03:41:09 PM »
i love the ideas for the sound of detox and i think dre should go for different vibes with this new orchestral sound, one of which being plenty of funk. funk really gives a record a rounded feel, the outta control rmx beat was crazy, i like it more than the other new stuff on bustas cd...

Hittman2001

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2006, 03:55:53 PM »
I guessed right on that imagine and the nightmares track  :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 04:01:37 PM by Hittman2001 »

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2006, 04:25:43 PM »
I think that using some orchestra/instrumental type of shit wud b a gr8 idea, but I'm kinda expectin Dre 2 do sumfin like that anyway, why shouldn't he? Is Detox gonna be anything like 2001? No. In the same way that 2001 was nothing like the chronic. They were both completely different but both still amazing and they are both now classics. Thats why I wud expect Dre 2 com with sumfin different, sumfin that will be innovative. It's Dre, so u no its gonna b damn gud cos he wont let u hear it if it wasnt.

As far as Dre having 2 choose different singles n shit 4 other artists rather than the 1's he wants I can understand cos at the end of the day its Jimmy's money and he ain't gonna front up all the money 4 an album n not get a say on what he wants releasin from it.

I agree with the fact that ppl shud stop hatin on Dre for wot he isnt doin('he dont help the west' blablabla) and be thankful 4 wot he has given/is giving.
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 04:58:34 PM »
go with the orchestra sound. if dre is innovative like usual it will work out well. i will buy 5 copies to support his hard work

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2006, 06:16:28 PM »
Couldn't go away without coming back to see what y'all are saying.  its always nice to see old friends back too. what's up zilla? I totally agree with ya as far as not bringing much news. For one I am much more out of the loop now and 2, there really isn't any news to report. that's one of the reasons i will probably only come back once or twice a year. I think everyone would get real tired of me posting the same thing over and over again without any news to report.  Plus I'm way too busy and too old to be spending a lot of time on these forums.   i do appreciate the feedback about a lot of you being open and/or hoping Dre goes the orchestra/heavy live instrument type route on Detox.  I'll definitely pass it on. I hope he goes this way cause he has a lot of great tracks like that already as well as a lot of skeleton blueprints of tracks that would be very compatible with building orchestral movements on top of. 
If you want some news, I kind of briefly mentioned it earlier, but if you want to know the reason Dre kept Nightmares off Blood Money was cause he didn't want to waste his experimental beat he had on that track on that particular album.  he's keeping it for Detox.  Don't be suprised to see Imagine show up there as well.  Detox will be all Dre produced.  There will be no beat that Dre doesn't produce, there may be two or three that he coproduced or remixes/rebuilds.  It's also time for a certain uk banned dogg to go see the doctor. Peace.

:D

PLANT

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2006, 06:42:33 PM »
can you talk at all about Dre and Snoop working together?