Author Topic: 2006 update  (Read 2548 times)

XaNdEr

Re: 2006 update
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2006, 11:34:39 AM »
shits crazy, y'all talkin like dre is a god or sumthing, mellowman said it, it's time for other artists/producers to step their game up, and i know a lotta rappers who i dig and are making bangin music, its not like everything is wack without dre productions...thats just stupid shit, and dre has also made wack songs

Trauma-san

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2006, 11:43:03 AM »
That's because your parents probably lied to you as a child or your mom's a whore or something, so you don't trust anything.  Mellowman's legit, be skeptical if you want, though, your loss. 

how is he legit?? because he just says so?

LMAO

You're ignorant and not intelligent enough to understand. 

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2006, 12:09:11 PM »
That's because your parents probably lied to you as a child or your mom's a whore or something, so you don't trust anything.  Mellowman's legit, be skeptical if you want, though, your loss. 

how is he legit?? because he just says so?

LMAO

You're ignorant and not intelligent enough to understand. 

I feel sorry for you

not really
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2006, 03:47:18 PM »
I agree with many of his opinions, but Zilla's right - it's not like he's dropping jewels of knowledge.  It's always VERY vague and rehashing the same things over and over.  Dre's the greatest, Detox is gonna change the game, not sure when it's dropping, 5.1 surround sound, bla bla bla.  I could write the exact same shit.  Why can he only post a couple times a year? LOL, its like he said - it'd be tough for him to keep up his bullshit stories.  There would be so many ways he could validate himself but he never does. 

I"m not hatin on dude, cuz like I said I think he's got some valid points on the industry and such.  But he's yet to ever say anything that made me believe that he works with Dre.  And until he does, as far as i'm concerned he's a phony.

You probably don't trust my opinion either, but I know for a fact the dude works with Dre.

Well are you stating opinion or fact?  Either way, back your shit up.  What has convinced you that he's legit? 

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2006, 04:35:59 PM »
I agree with many of his opinions, but Zilla's right - it's not like he's dropping jewels of knowledge.  It's always VERY vague and rehashing the same things over and over.  Dre's the greatest, Detox is gonna change the game, not sure when it's dropping, 5.1 surround sound, bla bla bla.  I could write the exact same shit.  Why can he only post a couple times a year? LOL, its like he said - it'd be tough for him to keep up his bullshit stories.  There would be so many ways he could validate himself but he never does. 

I"m not hatin on dude, cuz like I said I think he's got some valid points on the industry and such.  But he's yet to ever say anything that made me believe that he works with Dre.  And until he does, as far as i'm concerned he's a phony.

You probably don't trust my opinion either, but I know for a fact the dude works with Dre.

Well are you stating opinion or fact?  Either way, back your shit up.  What has convinced you that he's legit? 

he needs to post his pay check, that's signed by Dre
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2006, 08:52:03 PM »
that thing is like an essy, i aint readin all that shit.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2008, 02:28:48 AM »
sorry for bumping this old topic, but:

On a personal level I am not doing as much hip-hop anymore because quite frankly I think most of it is horrible.  Big label politics, including ----------'s is pissing me off.  Take Busta's new album for example.  Dre had to put a few dumb pop songs on the album and throw off much more quality tracks to appease higher ups.  the second single Interscope picked is horrible.

I don't want to hate but this right there to me is just wrong. Bus's album aint a disappointment necessarily because it has pop songs on it, it's because the pop songs are so wack. Come on man you telling me Interscope didn't want to have a track like In da club or the Outta Control remix or Still DRE etc to sell Busta's album (massive commercial poppy singles). I don't care what is said about the pressure from the label, I don't really believe it all. Dre's strength was always to bring heat and keep it hiphop, I simply do not believe there were real hot tracks that were left off the Big Bang album (except Imagine). This album is just wack and Dre got to take some of the criticism for that - the label always takes the blame.   

you are right.

but i can imagine that making crossover songs is frustrating  :laugh:

Eminem talked about this the song "The Way I Am"; he felt a lot of pressure from interscope to come up with another hit like "My Name is"  ;)

i heavily disagree with you about the album though; i think it's far from wack, it's just the pop songs that are wack to me  ;)

both sides are to blame.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 02:35:44 AM by Dre-Day - Officer of the Kill Jimmy Iovine Movement »

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2008, 10:43:04 AM »
Im sorry but 2006 sucked.