Author Topic: YOU ARE MY JOHNSON MY ANDY JOHNSON!!!!!  (Read 899 times)

Intriago33

Re: YOU ARE MY JOHNSON MY ANDY JOHNSON!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 11:50:13 AM »
Johnson's pretty overpriced to me at 8.5mil, I would have said 5m tops

i'd agree with that. he's a good striker, but I think you've been forced to pay much over his true value.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 02:11:18 AM »
What happened with Jordan/Dowie??

The Maestro

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 12:02:29 PM »
The transfer of Andrew Johnson is yet another example of crazy prices for over-rated players in the English leagues

£8.5 million for Johnson - a ridiculous amount IMO

At least Everton will win a few penalties next season then ;) :P

If Johnson was to play in almost any other league in Europe we would be talking a fee of around £2.5-3 million tops

exactly!!!

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 12:32:23 PM »
Johnson is a good striker but still has to prove himself in the premiership. i knop he scored 17/18 goals when palace were in it but i think 10 came from the penalty spot.

It could turn out to be a good partnership him and beattiie, beattie definatly needs the support.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 10:14:13 PM »
johnston is a good striker but that is crazy money.

last year in the championship he scored 15 goals.

kenny miller scored 10 for wolves (also in championship) whilst playing on the wing and celtic paid NOTHING for him.

hence £8.6 million = wild.

(yes, i am jealous everton can afford to spend that much)  :(

bez

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 04:26:22 AM »
Nar I think you are all getting it wrong here.

He is what 25 years old, so he has got at least another 6/7 seasons ahead of him, he is a quality striker who has always scored goazls regardless of who he plays for, he is English - one of the best English strikers around today, and he is definetly worth that amount of money.

I said about two seasons ago "I don't understand why Everton don't just say to Palace there you go, 10million for Johnson".  That is the truth.  We have lacked in goals season after season and are midfield is now pretty strong so I can understand why we broke the bank for Johnson. 

Beattie and Johnson - hell of a partnership if you ask me.  Going to be one of the best partnerships in the Premiership next season.  By just adding them 1 or 2 players to our squad I feel our team has gone from relegation material to a strong stop 8/6 finish.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 10:39:12 AM »

He is what 25 years old, so he has got at least another 6/7 seasons ahead of him, he is a quality striker who has always scored goazls regardless of who he plays for, he is English - one of the best English strikers around today, and he is definetly worth that amount of money.

I said about two seasons ago "I don't understand why Everton don't just say to Palace there you go, 10million for Johnson".  That is the truth.  We have lacked in goals season after season and are midfield is now pretty strong so I can understand why we broke the bank for Johnson. 

Beattie and Johnson - hell of a partnership if you ask me.  Going to be one of the best partnerships in the Premiership next season.  By just adding them 1 or 2 players to our squad I feel our team has gone from relegation material to a strong stop 8/6 finish.

as much as I love him, stubbs, etc is not good enough.  everton struggle defensively.
NO MORE WAR

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 11:46:43 AM »
They've agreed a fee for Lescott with Wolves, so it looks like they are trying to shore up the defensive end as well.

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2006, 12:02:11 PM »
They've agreed a fee for Lescott with Wolves, so it looks like they are trying to shore up the defensive end as well.

Thats a good signing, if it wasn't for the injiuries that Lescott has suffered he would already be playing the EPL and probs for a top 6/8 team

I said about two seasons ago "I don't understand why Everton don't just say to Palace there you go, 10million for Johnson". That is the truth. We have lacked in goals season after season and are midfield is now pretty strong so I can understand why we broke the bank for Johnson.

Beattie and Johnson - hell of a partnership if you ask me. Going to be one of the best partnerships in the Premiership next season. By just adding them 1 or 2 players to our squad I feel our team has gone from relegation material to a strong stop 8/6 finish.

Ashton, Harewood, Defoe, Darren Bent, Carlton Cole are all allround better players than Andrew Johnson IMO, and all cost their clubs less than £8.6 million

I fell that Everton could have done much better than they have for that amount of money, but I suppose if you want to buy players from other English teams then you have to pay well over the odds, he'll score goals as long as he's allowed to take the penalties that he wins ;D

I don't expect the partnership of Johnson & Beattie to score more than 35 goals between them

Isn't Bellamy meant to be going for around £8-9 million from Blackburn? I ain't a fan of him but he would have been a better buy at that price than Johnson

He also isn't a patch on big Duncan Ferguson ;)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2006, 12:13:01 PM »
"Dunc doin what he does best"

NO MORE WAR

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 12:19:46 PM »
"Dunc doin what he does best"

;D

Now everyone should remember that they shoudln't go breaking into his house - as a few burglers will testify to

bez

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 03:11:53 PM »

Thats a good signing, if it wasn't for the injiuries that Lescott has suffered he would already be playing the EPL and probs for a top 6/8 team

I said about two seasons ago "I don't understand why Everton don't just say to Palace there you go, 10million for Johnson". That is the truth. We have lacked in goals season after season and are midfield is now pretty strong so I can understand why we broke the bank for Johnson.

Beattie and Johnson - hell of a partnership if you ask me. Going to be one of the best partnerships in the Premiership next season. By just adding them 1 or 2 players to our squad I feel our team has gone from relegation material to a strong stop 8/6 finish.

Ashton, Harewood, Defoe, Darren Bent, Carlton Cole are all allround better players than Andrew Johnson IMO, and all cost their clubs less than £8.6 million

I fell that Everton could have done much better than they have for that amount of money, but I suppose if you want to buy players from other English teams then you have to pay well over the odds, he'll score goals as long as he's allowed to take the penalties that he wins ;D

I don't expect the partnership of Johnson & Beattie to score more than 35 goals between them

Isn't Bellamy meant to be going for around £8-9 million from Blackburn? I ain't a fan of him but he would have been a better buy at that price than Johnson

He also isn't a patch on big Duncan Ferguson ;)

35 goals is a good turn around for a striker partnership.  I would definetly take 35 goals between them.  Bellamy is too much of a crying arse and is more focused on being a cunt than he is being a quality and consistent striker.

Sorry to say this but, Carlton Cole and Harewood are NOT better strikers than Johnson, no way!!!

Big Dunc was and still is an Everton legend.  Good player in his time.  Funny though because he never actually scored many goals for us.  Oh well.  DUNCAN HAD A PIGEON A PIGEON A PIGEON!!!

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 11:06:52 PM »
Man United should go for Bellamy.......Random thought number one.

Id rather have John Hartson in my team than Andy Johnson. Random thought number 2.

I hope someone from the EPL goes 4 Schweinsteiger, i enjoy watching him play (No Homo). Final random thought

The Maestro

bez

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2006, 06:57:05 AM »
Man United should go for Bellamy.......Random thought number one.

Id rather have John Hartson in my team than Andy Johnson. Random thought number 2.

I hope someone from the EPL goes 4 Schweinsteiger, i enjoy watching him play (No Homo). Final random thought

you are a very random guy.

bez

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2007, 04:05:18 PM »
Every person in this thread who doubted Johnson needs shooting!!!!