Author Topic: Can you tell the difference between hitler and a right wing pundit?  (Read 404 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Can you tell the difference between hitler and a right wing pundit?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2006, 09:12:40 PM »
2 wrong.

People read too much into Ann Coulter, she's actually quite entertaining and much of what she says is sprinkled with truth.

you have to be semi-retarded to defend ann coulter. 

I think you have to be full on retarded to compare Hitler, who was responsible for millions upon millions of innocent deaths, to Ann Coulter, who has an entertaining schtick where she points out many truths about liberals, who by the way are often retarded.

You "think", but what does that count for?  You can twist things around until we're both talking about nothing, but the essential point of GOP-Hitler comparisons is simply to let people contemplate the similiarities. 

The often cited talking point that you used, ie "its ridiculous to compare xxx to someone that killed millions" is a) a cliched talking point b) retarded.  Obviously the people who make these comparisons know that no one compares to hitler in terms of killing anyone.

The point is ideology is what drives people to make their life choices.  Ideology drove hitler, bush, ann, you, me, etc.  So, obviously few people will ever compare to hitler in terms of bringing death and destruction to an entire generation.  But the point is that there is a similiarity in ideology.  Hitler was able to bring so much evil into the world because of a combiniation of ideology and circumstance.

Today, the circumstances are different, but believe it or not, there are still people in the world who have similiar ideological leanings. 

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2006, 09:12:47 PM »
Often=all the same?

Retarded is also a word which can be used in many different contexts. For example, Ted Kennedy as a liberal is more retarded then, say, John Kerry. Therefore not all the same.

Often = more-or-less the same.

Either way, it's hypocritical for Coulter and many conservatives to associate liberals with Marxists and Maoists and then get offended when they're associated with fascists.  And Coulter may be an entertainer, but the people who look up to her obviously take her seriously.

I never disagreed with the fact that liberals should be associated with those groups. But to be honest, I think the only people that take her seriously are those that fall on the left side of the spectrum. Most right-wingers simply laugh at her shtick, while acknowledging that she has some valid points.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

WestCoasta

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 11:59:57 PM »
haha it's so lame because the problem with that bitch Coulter is if you don't agree with her you are a "LIBERAL"

no bitch I'm not a liberal, I just think you're a fuckin moron lol

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 05:21:36 AM »

I don't buy this argument about referring to conservatives as religious figures they are fake christians, I heard a radio interview with Greg Palast, i think that is how you spell it, he has done a lot of journalistic pieces for BBC covering american affairs and politics and though I have yet to hear it, he said that he recently did with Pat Roberts and unknown to Pat Roberts he was recording the entire thing. During the interview Greg stated that he was told by him that this has nothing to do with religion, it's about money and the power. Like I have already mentioned I have yet to hear it but when I do I will post the audio link.

WestCoasta

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 09:35:59 PM »
are you talking about televangelist Pat Robertson?

if so no shit, the guy sells protein powder.... he claimed he did a leg press of 2000 pounds!  :laugh:  and he's like 65