Author Topic: Whats everyone think of the new Ice Cube album so far.  (Read 996 times)

herpes

Whats everyone think of the new Ice Cube album so far.
« on: June 06, 2006, 07:33:42 PM »
I havnt listened to it all the way through so far, im up to the joint with snoop produced by lil jon.  But up that point cube comes correct but the production is lacking very badly and does not do cube justice at all.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Re: Whats everyone think of the new Ice Cube album so far.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 07:37:43 PM »
beats suck, the lil jon and scott Stortch beats are obvious trash leftovers

I can't believe Cube doesn't have an ear for this shit

so far 7/10
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 07:40:20 PM by Long Beach Iz Active »
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 07:55:40 PM »
I got the album today.  Easily one of my fav albums of the past few years.  I wasnt even sure Cube had it in him to make an album like this, but the shit is bangin!  I can bump this whole cd from front to back and its good, quality westcoast music.  Cubes flow is on point on here, and the production bangs IMO!

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 08:02:14 PM »
i was pleasently surprised. people are just going to have to get used to beats not sounding like they were made 1n 1997

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 08:10:59 PM »
I think the Album is dope.........def. bangin'

herpes

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 08:22:42 PM »
i was pleasently surprised. people are just going to have to get used to beats not sounding like they were made 1n 1997

Im not one of those people that are caught up in why dont it sound like it did back in the 90's but the production on it has been really shitty.  Which is a shame b/c Cube is back to his A game on this.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 08:25:46 PM »
Album was wack.,..few good songs..but it's been played...well...somewhat played out....

I'm glad i dl his album...wasn't worth buying..

needed to fix his beats....

5/10
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

BCG1

• 'G'
  • "Cleveland is the City"
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 08:35:03 PM »
 I'm really feelin this album to the fullest, "Growin Up" has been in my head all day, but my top favorite

tracks so far is "Go to Church", "Game Lord", and "Doin What it Pose 2 Do". Also why are so many

people hatin on the beats/production? the whole album is bangin especially Lil Jon's beat for

"Go to Church".

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 08:36:17 PM »
i liked the album but to many skits.Cube comes correct on this album but i would have like a few more guest appearances on it. 8/10

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 08:38:59 PM »
I'm really feelin this album to the fullest, "Growin Up" has been in my head all day, but my top favorite

tracks so far is "Go to Church", "Game Lord", and "Doin What it Pose 2 Do". Also why are so many

people hatin on the beats/production? the whole album is bangin especially Lil Jon's beat for

"Go to Church".

I'm not used to those sounds...it sounds weird..and boring..
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

sav-man

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 10:22:51 PM »
Production sounds fine to me...the only beat I wasn't feeling is the one on "Go To Church"...but that's probably only because I'm not a huge crunk fan. I'm not going to argue w/ anybody about that, because taste in beats/production is subjective; one man's trash is another's treasure--no two people are really going to agree on that aspect of music.

But yeah, lyrically, Cube came w/ it better than I thought he would...he has a helluva lot more to say than most of the rappers clogging up the mainstream rap world today w/ their wack-ass shit! Only tunes I can't get used to lyrically are "The Game Lord" (nice beat, but vocally, it sounds better on headphones--I wonder if Cube's mic could have been turned up a little louder) and "You Gotta Lotta That" (not a bad song by itself, but it seems a little repetitious coming after "Steal The Show", which is a far-superior take on getting pussy and whatnot.

I won't say it's in the same league w/ AMW or DEATH CERTIFICATE (how many CDs out there are?), but it's at least as good as THE PREDATOR and LETHAL INJECTION, and it's certainly better than WAR or PEACE!

LAUGH NOW, CRY LATER = Not a classic, but still excellent. THE SOURCE was on-point (for a change) when they gave it four mics...that's about right. Just my opinion, though.

PEACE!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 10:25:31 PM »

Yeah i guess but still some beats are juts plain weak. His flow is pretty good rhymes are tight but most the beats are terrible.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 10:31:04 PM »
Production sounds fine to me...the only beat I wasn't feeling is the one on "Go To Church"...but that's probably only because I'm not a huge crunk fan. I'm not going to argue w/ anybody about that, because taste in beats/production is subjective; one man's trash is another's treasure--no two people are really going to agree on that aspect of music.

But yeah, lyrically, Cube came w/ it better than I thought he would...he has a helluva lot more to say than most of the rappers clogging up the mainstream rap world today w/ their wack-ass shit! Only tunes I can't get used to lyrically are "The Game Lord" (nice beat, but vocally, it sounds better on headphones--I wonder if Cube's mic could have been turned up a little louder) and "You Gotta Lotta That" (not a bad song by itself, but it seems a little repetitious coming after "Steal The Show", which is a far-superior take on getting pussy and whatnot.

I won't say it's in the same league w/ AMW or DEATH CERTIFICATE (how many CDs out there are?), but it's at least as good as THE PREDATOR and LETHAL INJECTION, and it's certainly better than WAR or PEACE!

LAUGH NOW, CRY LATER = Not a classic, but still excellent. THE SOURCE was on-point (for a change) when they gave it four mics...that's about right. Just my opinion, though.

PEACE!

Lethal INjection was pure classic...especially with that GHETTO BIRD song...

anyway...i wanted to comment on war and peace....yea.war wasn't too strong...but hell....peace was still good...actually..one of the great albums...

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 10:33:22 PM »
For someone that been in the Game for more than a Decade I think its a good record..he's flow is on point , lyrics are on point and he actually fits the beats and y'all cant deny that he sounds good over a Lil Jon Beat "Go to Church" is a tight song and Im glad its the next single...this will blow up in the clubs this summer...also "Growing Up" is a nice song I cant stop bumpin it

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 10:35:48 PM »

PEACE!

I agree Big Homie it's up there wit The Predator and Lethal Injection......Laugh Now, Cry Later a straight Banger......!!