Author Topic: STEVE NASH, THE BIGGEST LOSER IN SPORTS  (Read 3081 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: STEVE NASH, THE BIGGEST LOSER IN SPORTS
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2006, 02:54:04 PM »

Shaq didn't want to take a pay-cut.....THE END

Actually he DID take a paycut this year (although he still makes mega millions) and look where it's taken him...to the NBA Finals, Kobe and Shaq just didn't get along, there's nothing anyone can do about that

Yes...That's why he's a bitch. He only took a pay cut when he realized that NO ONE was gunna sign him for that ludicrous amount he wanted. When he was with the Lakers, he wouldn't settle for less than being the highest paid player ever, he thought he was worth more than he was in 1999-2000...What a joke. I'm glad he's not ruining our team, because if the Heat don't win the championship this year, he definitely ruined theirs...PeACe

yeah ill admit, even i thought shaq was worth more. i remember the lakers tried to trade him to dallas for nowitzki but dallas said NO!

Actually, it was the Lakers who weren't interested in shifting Shaq to a western conference team.

PLANT

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2006, 02:54:35 PM »
Wade is the regular season MVP.....But Shaq is the playoff and finals MVP....

shows how much you know

PLANT

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2006, 02:56:19 PM »
all you do is bitch and complain about how you think Kobe is the man.....you just bitch abou Nash taking out your boy in the playoffs and how Nash beat your boy in the MVP....and now that Shaq is leading his team into another finals, you have somethin more to whine and complain about.... ::)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2006, 03:00:44 PM »
Wade is the regular season MVP.....But Shaq is the playoff and finals MVP....

shows how much you know

LMFAO! You've GOT to be kidding me man...You're joking right? Please tell me we're in a hockey thread or something. Have you even taken a look at their stat sheets in the playoffs? Shaq plays about 30 minutes a game and averages 20 points and 9 rebounds, with a despicable 40% on free throws and 4 turnovers! HORRIBLE statistics by his standards in the playoffs...Wade is running everything, playing over 40 minutes, averaging 27 points on 51% FG and 42% 3FG and avering a turnover less than Shaq! And he's a guard!!....You're fucking out of your mind, have you even seen the Heat play, or are you that much of a bandwaggon fan? You're rooting for the most selfish guy in basketball history...PeACe
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 03:05:26 PM by Now_I_Know »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2006, 03:03:43 PM »
all you do is bitch and complain about how you think Kobe is the man.....you just bitch abou Nash taking out your boy in the playoffs and how Nash beat your boy in the MVP....and now that Shaq is leading his team into another finals, you have somethin more to whine and complain about.... ::)

Dude, you are close-minded...You're one of those people who go by what the media tell them. Where did I mention anything about Kobe when I was talking about Nash?

PLANT

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2006, 03:07:06 PM »
Shaq is averaging 20 and 10 with a whopping .613 field goal %....thats huge. Plus I still think Shaq carries the team, everything goes thru Shaq and hes the most important player on the team.  If Shaq plays well, the heat NEVER lose.  Wade can still put up 30 and they heat will lose.   All of the open jumpers that Walker, Williams, Posey and Payton are getting are becuase the ball is going inside to your daddy and the defense puts so much attention on Shaq.  And Shaq just dominated and owned the NBA defensive player of the year (Ben Wallace)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2006, 03:11:14 PM »
Shaq is averaging 20 and 10 with a whopping .613 field goal %....thats huge. Plus I still think Shaq carries the team, everything goes thru Shaq and hes the most important player on the team.  If Shaq plays well, the heat NEVER lose.  Wade can still put up 30 and they heat will lose.   All of the open jumpers that Walker, Williams, Posey and Payton are getting are becuase the ball is going inside to your daddy and the defense puts so much attention on Shaq.  And Shaq just dominated and owned the NBA defensive player of the year (Ben Wallace)

I don't think you know what you're talking about. LOL. Show me ONE credible source that says Shaq will win Finals MVP. LMAO. What the hell? It's already undisputedly Wade, unless Shaq does something MIRACULOUS in the Finals...Please make sense.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2006, 03:25:12 PM »
either way tho we could be here and dispute it all day...this is howit went down since the trade.
Lakers - out the playoffs and a first round loss
Heat - third round and finals ( maybe even a championship)

And this we cant dispute .

Isint this a Steve Nash thread? lmao

PLANT

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2006, 03:28:27 PM »
You dont consider me a credible source?

C'mon man ;)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2006, 03:39:44 PM »
either way tho we could be here and dispute it all day...this is howit went down since the trade.
Lakers - out the playoffs and a first round loss
Heat - third round and finals ( maybe even a championship)

And this we cant dispute .

Isint this a Steve Nash thread? lmao

What's your point? Shaq isn't even the 1st option on his team, while Kobe is pretty much the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd...And yes, this is a Steve Nash thread, so lets stick to the topic. There are obviously players out there who deserve the MVP over Nash, and that's the bottom line...PeACe

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2006, 03:50:22 PM »

Actually he DID take a paycut this year (although he still makes mega millions) and look where it's taken him...to the NBA Finals, Kobe and Shaq just didn't get along, there's nothing anyone can do about that

no, shaq couldn't get along with kobe..he's always been jealous of kobe...that's how much bitch shaq has in him

The other players on the team wanted to make sure he (kobe) earned everything he got, that the coach didn't just give him something just because the fans wanted to see this young phenom play," recalled Del Harris, Bryant's first coach with the Lakers.

That was especially true of Shaquille O'Neal, the game's dominant young center who felt immense pressure to win championships. Each season his dislike of Bryant had grown.

"What suprised me about Shaquille during our early days in Los Angeles was how frustrated he got," said former Lakers GM Jerry West.
"He was not fun to be around. The shortcomings of our team and his teammates made him angry because he knew he was going to be judged on how much we won."

How angry?

Just months before Jackson arrived, O'Neal slapped Bryant during a pickup game at the Laker practice facility.
"It would not be forgotten," former Laker guard Derek Fisher said of the incident.

When Jackson and his coaching staff began work in Los Angeles, they were caught off guard by O'Neal's animosity toward Bryant.
"There was a lot of hatred in his heart," Tex Winter said of O'Neal. "He would speak his mind in our team meetings. He was saying really hateful. Kobe just took it and kept going."

Jackson astutely read that he faced a more severe choice in Los Angeles. The situation dictated that he could not be close to both Laker stars. So he made a logical choice, according to Winter. "Very early in our time in LA, Phil made the decision to go with Shaq. And he made it clear to Kobe and the press and everyone else that it was Shaq's team. He made it clear that he was far more interested in accommodating Shaq than Kobe. And Kobe seemed to accept this."

Winter, however, began to have concerns immediately. He said that he told Jackson that he (Jackson) seemed intent on making Bryant his "whipping boy," the player on which the coach traditionally takes out all of his frustration. Winter told Jackson that making a budding young superstar a whipping boy wasn't a good idea.

His (Kobe's) relationship with Jackson only worsened over their five years together in LA. Winter said it was made worse by Jackson's refusal to have any sort of in-depth meeting or relationship with the young guard.

At the same time, Jackson leveled a variety of public attacks at Bryant during those years. At one point, Jackson told reporters that Bryant had sabotaged his own high school games to make himself look like a star.(<--crazy how people dickryde shaq...even phil)

And the owner had no desire to meet O'Neal's demands for a lengthy extension on his $30 million plus a year contract. So the Lakers traded him to Miami (where O'Neal would later meekly agree to play for $20 million a season).

"In the final analysis, it's the coach's responsiblity to manage the team in the proper manner and not have those things happen," Winter said.
It was simply a huge mistake to not keep Bryant in the loop, said Winter. "I think Phil realises that now."

- Excerpted from the forthcoming book, The Show - The Inside Story of The Spectacular Los Angeles Lakers in the Words of Those Who Lived It. Scheduled for December release by McGraw-Hill.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2006, 03:56:30 PM »

no, shaq couldn't get along with kobe..he's always been jealous of kobe...that's how much bitch shaq has in him

The other players on the team wanted to make sure he (kobe) earned everything he got, that the coach didn't just give him something just because the fans wanted to see this young phenom play," recalled Del Harris, Bryant's first coach with the Lakers.

That was especially true of Shaquille O'Neal, the game's dominant young center who felt immense pressure to win championships. Each season his dislike of Bryant had grown.

"What suprised me about Shaquille during our early days in Los Angeles was how frustrated he got," said former Lakers GM Jerry West.
"He was not fun to be around. The shortcomings of our team and his teammates made him angry because he knew he was going to be judged on how much we won."

How angry?

Just months before Jackson arrived, O'Neal slapped Bryant during a pickup game at the Laker practice facility.
"It would not be forgotten," former Laker guard Derek Fisher said of the incident.

When Jackson and his coaching staff began work in Los Angeles, they were caught off guard by O'Neal's animosity toward Bryant.
"There was a lot of hatred in his heart," Tex Winter said of O'Neal. "He would speak his mind in our team meetings. He was saying really hateful. Kobe just took it and kept going."

Jackson astutely read that he faced a more severe choice in Los Angeles. The situation dictated that he could not be close to both Laker stars. So he made a logical choice, according to Winter. "Very early in our time in LA, Phil made the decision to go with Shaq. And he made it clear to Kobe and the press and everyone else that it was Shaq's team. He made it clear that he was far more interested in accommodating Shaq than Kobe. And Kobe seemed to accept this."

Winter, however, began to have concerns immediately. He said that he told Jackson that he (Jackson) seemed intent on making Bryant his "whipping boy," the player on which the coach traditionally takes out all of his frustration. Winter told Jackson that making a budding young superstar a whipping boy wasn't a good idea.

His (Kobe's) relationship with Jackson only worsened over their five years together in LA. Winter said it was made worse by Jackson's refusal to have any sort of in-depth meeting or relationship with the young guard.

At the same time, Jackson leveled a variety of public attacks at Bryant during those years. At one point, Jackson told reporters that Bryant had sabotaged his own high school games to make himself look like a star.(<--crazy how people dickryde shaq...even phil)

And the owner had no desire to meet O'Neal's demands for a lengthy extension on his $30 million plus a year contract. So the Lakers traded him to Miami (where O'Neal would later meekly agree to play for $20 million a season).

"In the final analysis, it's the coach's responsiblity to manage the team in the proper manner and not have those things happen," Winter said.
It was simply a huge mistake to not keep Bryant in the loop, said Winter. "I think Phil realises that now."

- Excerpted from the forthcoming book, The Show - The Inside Story of The Spectacular Los Angeles Lakers in the Words of Those Who Lived It. Scheduled for December release by McGraw-Hill.

Of course he was jealous of Kobe...He saw how much of a workaholic Kobe was, and how much effort he'd put in during the off-seasons, while Shaq liked sitting around gaining weight and eating Big Macs. He watched Kobe play through injuries and work extra to heal himself...He despised how much Kobe was improving, and how much he was subsiding. He couldn't handle it, he's a selfih immature bitch...PeACe

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2006, 03:59:07 PM »
works extra hard during offseason meaning ? allegedly rapping woman?

Why is steve nash the biggest loser in soprts, there is a lot more losers hes not even a loser hes the 2 time mvp.yeah sure others coulnt of gotten it but he did so what.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2006, 04:00:21 PM »
works extra hard during offseason meaning ? allegedly rapping woman?

Are you fucking serious? LMFAO@this media puppet. No further comments needed. :-X

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2006, 04:18:20 PM »
GRAY: What was your reaction to Shaq saying the Lakers are his team, and everybody knows it?

BRYANT: It doesn't matter whose team it is. Nobody cares. I don't, Karl [Malone] doesn't, Gary [Payton] doesn't, and our teammates and the fans don't either. There's more to life than whose team this is. But this is his team, so it's time for him to act like it. That means no more coming into camp fat and out of shape, when your team is relying on your leadership on and off the court. It also means no more blaming others for our team's failure, or blaming staff members for not overdramatizing your injuries so that you avoid blame for your lack of conditioning. Also, "my team" doesn't mean only when we win; it means carrying the burden of defeat just as gracefully as you carry a championship trophy.

GRAY: Do you consider Shaq to be a leader?

BRYANT: Leaders don't beg for a contract extension and negotiate some 30 million [dollars] plus per year deal in the media when we have two future Hall of Famers playing here pretty much for free. A leader would not demand the ball every time down the floor when you have the three of us [Malone, Payton, Bryant] playing beside you, not to mention the teammates you have gone to war with for years -- and, by the way, then threaten not to play defense and rebound if you don't get the ball every time down the floor.

GRAY: Shaq says that you have not been a team player. Is he right?

BRYANT: That's ridiculous. I have been successfully sacrificing my game for years for Shaq. That's what Phil [Jackson] wanted me to do, so I did it. Last year Phil told me Shaq was not in physical condition to carry the trust of our offense, so he asked me to do it. But then he saw Shaq was getting upset that the team wasn't running through him, so Phil asked me to pull back and I did. This year is no different; my role is whatever Phil wants it to be. Period.

GRAY: Does that mean you will miss the opener [Tuesday] night and other games?

BRYANT:  But I don't need Shaq's advice on how to play hurt. I've played with IVs before, during and after games. I've played with a broken hand, a sprained ankle, a torn shoulder, a fractured tooth, a severed lip, and a knee the size of a softball. I don't miss 15 games because of a toe injury that everybody knows wasn't that serious in the first place.

GRAY: Kobe, Shaq said if you didn't like what he had to say you can opt out and leave next season. Will you leave the Lakers?

BRYANT: I won't make that decision until the end of the season. I told Shaq last year that I was planning on opting out. He knew before anyone. I told him out of respect for what we have been through together. I thought he should be the first to know. The fact that he acts like this is such a big shock is a mystery to me. If leaving the Lakers at the end of the season is what I decide, a major reason for that will be Shaq's childlike selfishness and jealousy.

GRAY: Why not resolve this behind closed doors? Why is this so public?

BRYANT: I asked Phil on Sunday [yesterday] to say something to calm this situation down before it boiled over. But he backed away, so now here we are. I have been a bigger person every time something happened with Shaq, and I don't expect this to be any different. But somebody in this organization had to speak up, because his unprofessionalism hurt us last year, and I don't want it to hurt us this year.