Author Topic: They've made Rey Mysterio the biggest joke of a champion, ever.  (Read 754 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: They've made Rey Mysterio the biggest joke of a champion, ever.
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2006, 03:41:34 PM »
yeah... I think Rey Rey deserves a title reign, but he is too small. When I use to do fantasy booking, I had him winning the title for a month in a feud with Eddie Guerrero (R.I.P.). Basically Rey Rey would win the title in an upset on Smackdown, and then lose it back to Eddie a couple of weeks later, with a title defense or two against people you'd believe he'd beat, like Randy Orton, and then throw in a tag match against Eddie and someone else against Rey and a partner to hype the PPV. I mean, Rey deserves it, but not for a long time.

I do think Rey's title reign is marketing, 'cause Eddie Guerrero spent months at a time being the reason to watch Smackdown. His title reign, and everything leading to it was basically Eddie Guerrero TV, and after a will, when Cena left to Smackdown, Eddie became the star again as Batista was learning the ropes of how to be a big draw champion. The death of Eddie has hurt Smackdown more than anyone would admit, because he was going to win the title the day he died since Batista was hurt, and Eddie has, and can carry the show on his own. Rey just can't, but Vince wants to have a Latino as Smackdown champion. Makes sense since Latinos make up a HUGE number of viewers, I would just think that maybe another Latino should be pushed as well, someone bigger and more believable. Right now, Rey is and Eddie feel in, I would like to see Carlito on Smackdown again, and pushed hard. You have someone who could be a heel to the levels of Roddy Piper, someone that is tricky, and smart, and can deliever a hell of a promo, and unlike Piper, he has great wrestling genes. Carlos Colon is one the greatest wrestling figures, and only the second Latino to EVER hold a world title (NWA over Ric Flair in the 80's). Carlito can do it too, not right now, but him on Smackdown would help the Latino fan base, push a new star who is stuck on Smackdown, and make a believable champion in one or two years.

Trauma-san

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2006, 08:55:44 PM »
Yeah, that might work, but they're almost acting like Carlito is too big for Smackdown.  Carlito is going to be a *HUGE* star, In my opinion.  He's got that rare 'cool' technical wrestler thing going like only a handfull of wrestlers have had, Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, Eddie Guerrero,... Carlito is one of those guys.  Solid upper mid card guy that's going to be a fan favorite for a decade once he gets his act together.  Rude got hurt and his career ended early... Hennig stayed injured and died early, Guerrero finally busted into the main event but died tragically... Carlito might make it all the way.  He's definately one of the most exciting things on wrestling right now, and so young.  I don't know if they'll send him to smackdown, but he's one of the handfull of young guys that they could partially build a show around if they did. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2006, 09:10:17 PM »
Yeah, that might work, but they're almost acting like Carlito is too big for Smackdown.  Carlito is going to be a *HUGE* star, In my opinion.  He's got that rare 'cool' technical wrestler thing going like only a handfull of wrestlers have had, Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, Eddie Guerrero,... Carlito is one of those guys.  Solid upper mid card guy that's going to be a fan favorite for a decade once he gets his act together.  Rude got hurt and his career ended early... Hennig stayed injured and died early, Guerrero finally busted into the main event but died tragically... Carlito might make it all the way.  He's definately one of the most exciting things on wrestling right now, and so young.  I don't know if they'll send him to smackdown, but he's one of the handfull of young guys that they could partially build a show around if they did. 

I meant to say his stuck on Heat, 'cause right now his had 3 weeks in a row on Heat. If they can't find anything to do with him, send him to Smackdown. His a true Smackdown star who could grow on Smackdown until his ready to win the WWE Title. But I think he should be on Smackdown instead of Heat.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2006, 10:52:30 AM »
They still have Sunday Night Heat? I thought it was only Raw and Smackdown now...Is Heat seperated with it's own wrestlers like Raw and Smackdown is?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2006, 11:39:46 AM »
They still have Sunday Night Heat? I thought it was only Raw and Smackdown now...Is Heat seperated with it's own wrestlers like Raw and Smackdown is?

two shows on the net now, Heat and Velocity. Basically all the wrestlers from Raw they have nothing for, they put on Heat, and same with Smackdown and Velocity.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2006, 11:44:50 AM »

two shows on the net now, Heat and Velocity. Basically all the wrestlers from Raw they have nothing for, they put on Heat, and same with Smackdown and Velocity.

So it's only Raw wrestlers and you can only see it on the internet? LOL...Pretty weak.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2006, 12:02:39 PM »

yeap, unless you live in another country. They keep it because of TV contracts with other countries and stuff.

So it's only Raw wrestlers and you can only see it on the internet? LOL...Pretty weak.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2006, 12:31:16 PM »
^^You're saying other countries get it on TV? LOL. Vince McMahon has gotten really messy.

Sikotic™

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2006, 03:00:12 PM »
I couldnt agree more with you guys on Carlito. Right now he's kinda wastng away on Raw. He had this great momentum stemming from his face turn, but now he's just THERE.

Move him to Smackdown where he can become a star. He can work with anybody. He can do the high risk and he's a good mat technician. Throw in his mic skills and charisma and you got one hell of a performer.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2006, 03:48:44 PM »
question for you guys

who would you rather see as champ: Rey Rey or Mark Henry?
only reason i ask is cause Henry might become champ at Summerslam

btw Sik, check the KOTR thread bout details for ONS thang tomorrow if you wanna have a chance of becomin the WEE World Heavyweight Champ  ;D

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM »
I would much rather have Rey as heavyweight champ, although it's bullshit because he's not a heavyweight.  Mark Henry shouldn't ever win any kind of belt.

Carlito's on heat every week, but he's been on Raw every week too.  I think big things are right around the corner, they're probably cooking up something big for him as we speak. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2006, 12:08:01 AM »

btw Sik, check the KOTR thread bout details for ONS thang tomorrow if you wanna have a chance of becomin the WEE World Heavyweight Champ  ;D

i havent forgotten. just playing my card right  8)
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

herpes

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2006, 12:13:05 AM »
I would much rather have Rey as heavyweight champ, although it's bullshit because he's not a heavyweight.  Mark Henry shouldn't ever win any kind of belt.

Carlito's on heat every week, but he's been on Raw every week too.  I think big things are right around the corner, they're probably cooking up something big for him as we speak. 
carlito has that "IT about him that you cant put into words but big stars have it. He reminds me of the rock but better in the ring

Trauma-san

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2006, 04:27:05 AM »
yeah, they're sooooo sleepin' on his wrestling ability.  The first time I noticed how good he was, was that night they gave him a title shot, i can't even remember who had the belt but it must have been John Cena.  I think with the right opponent he would be a down right incredible performer.  He's crazy agile, too, and not like the guys in TNA like A.J. Styles or anything, because they take it over the top... Carlito's more reserved, but basically capable of anything, kind of like Hennig who I mentioned earlier. 

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2006, 08:01:19 AM »
Yeah... Carlito I think should be the WWE's big Latino star. I miss Eddie, and it would have been perfect to have Eddie hold down the crown until Carlito was ready. Eddie was 38 after all. But in the end, I think Carlito's move to Smackdown would be better for the brand, and the WWE since Smackdown has a larger Latino fan base, and Rey Rey is a great wrestler who deserves a reign, but we need a wrestler that'll carry the WWE to tomorrow.