Author Topic: They've made Rey Mysterio the biggest joke of a champion, ever.  (Read 756 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: They've made Rey Mysterio the biggest joke of a champion, ever.
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2006, 09:50:20 AM »
Yeah... Carlito I think should be the WWE's big Latino star. I miss Eddie, and it would have been perfect to have Eddie hold down the crown until Carlito was ready. Eddie was 38 after all. But in the end, I think Carlito's move to Smackdown would be better for the brand, and the WWE since Smackdown has a larger Latino fan base, and Rey Rey is a great wrestler who deserves a reign, but we need a wrestler that'll carry the WWE to tomorrow.

Do you realize you're the same thing as Infinite, but only with Lations? Not that I find it a problem or anything, it's how you feel, but it sucks that everyone was up on Infinites dick for it and no one ever says anything to you...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2006, 11:55:40 AM »
Yeah... Carlito I think should be the WWE's big Latino star. I miss Eddie, and it would have been perfect to have Eddie hold down the crown until Carlito was ready. Eddie was 38 after all. But in the end, I think Carlito's move to Smackdown would be better for the brand, and the WWE since Smackdown has a larger Latino fan base, and Rey Rey is a great wrestler who deserves a reign, but we need a wrestler that'll carry the WWE to tomorrow.

Do you realize you're the same thing as Infinite, but only with Lations? Not that I find it a problem or anything, it's how you feel, but it sucks that everyone was up on Infinites dick for it and no one ever says anything to you...

difference, I do it once in a while, and in wrestling, it's true. Ask Trauma, ask Sikotic, it's good business for McMahon to have a Latino champion. I'm not saying the Lakers should draft a Latino guard, 'cause that's not good for the team. But a Latino champion in wrestling, when wrestling is fake, good business. It's not like I'm Infinite, it's more like I'ma a businessman in this case.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2006, 04:10:59 PM »

difference, I do it once in a while, and in wrestling, it's true. Ask Trauma, ask Sikotic, it's good business for McMahon to have a Latino champion. I'm not saying the Lakers should draft a Latino guard, 'cause that's not good for the team. But a Latino champion in wrestling, when wrestling is fake, good business. It's not like I'm Infinite, it's more like I'ma a businessman in this case.

I dunno man, I've just seen you act more proud about things because they're Latino oriented, and Infinite used to get a lot of hate for doing the same thing...Doesn't really matter though, I just wanted to point it out...PeACe

Trauma-san

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2006, 06:19:19 AM »
I think white women look better than latino or black women, because I'm white.  I don't see a problem with it. 

Carlito though...he's coollllllllllllll, even if he is a mexican.  LOL

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2006, 06:25:28 AM »
I think white women look better than latino or black women, because I'm white.  I don't see a problem with it. 

Carlito though...he's coollllllllllllll, even if he is a mexican.  LOL

Puerto Rican actually... lol.

yeah, I've always found Latinas more attractive because that's what I was raised off of. If I was white, I might have more white pride. Go Carlito, and Rey Rey, keep it up.... WWE, the place where racism is open.  ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2006, 06:31:37 AM »
Everybody is a racist, it's impossible not to be.  Even the people that claim they're not just find another race to prefer.  That's the nature of people, everyone has an opinion and more often than not their opinion is going to be that people like them are the collest motherfuckers in the world.  He mentioned Infinite above, Infinite hates himself and particularly his family so much that he's racist against his race... which is still racism.  Everyone is a racist.  Now that doesn't mean that everybody goes and blows up the people they're racist against or wishes them any harm, it just means that people usually have pride and prefer their own race.  I would consider a mexican a coward and a traitor if he wasn't proud of his heritage. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2006, 09:43:06 AM »
The main point I was making was that when Infinite would be proud of a rapper because he was Muslim, a bunch of people would just hop up on his dick and be like "OH MY GOD! YOU ONLY LIKE HIM BECAUSE HE'S MUSLIM!!!! BIGOT!!!!!"...Now MDogg likes wrestlers because they're Mexican and no one says shit...I just found it kinda funny. I know they're two different types of posters, but that's one thing they have in common that recieves a totally different reaction only because of who they are...PeACe

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2006, 10:50:43 AM »
I think because wrestling is completely different than reality, and also, with religion that's so senitive, and with life in general I don't come off a racist, but more of a liberal. I agree with whites, latinos and blacks, and asians, my girlfriend is asian, and my posting i defend muslims, which is not my religion, and i don't really talk shit about christians, because i am one. with race, i'm latino, and i'd like to see latinos do well, the same way trauma likes to see americans do well, or cwalker likes to see white americans do well. but when it comes down to it, i would prefer the u.s. to do well than anyother place, and i don't care who the president is, or who is in charge, so long as they can do a good job. race is not important, but i will never ignore it. i don't try to bring hatred, and i'm quick to argue any hatred to the latino community. most of my latino pride comes off of people like cwalker dissing my community.

in wrestling, that's completely different. Hulk Hogan was a hero for defeating the Iron Sheik, a muslim character who was hated because he was from Iran. there was no reason why he was hated, be just came out and was hated. Wrestling is a area of fantasy where we are free to express our inter evil self. We cheered Hulk Hogan beating a muslim, even though he was a foot taller and weighed 80 pounds more. We cheered certain black character because they tried to appeal to white society but kept their "blackness" like the Junkyard Dog or Koko Beware, but we booed black characters who are militant, like Bad News Brown, and later Faaroq and the Nation of Domination. Wrestling embraces racial sterotypes, like black pimps, latin theives, and real white American heros. Asked me 4 years ago who my favorite wrestler of all time was, it was Hulk Hogan. I liked Eddie Guerrero, and the Luchador, but Hogan to me was the best wrestler because in the 80's, I was a kid and he was the champion. As I got older, and I could identify more with who I am, and see wrestlers that reflect me, I started to really like Eddie Guerrero. I had an LWO shirt in high school, but I also had an NWO black and white shirt, and I had a Steve Austin shirt, not a Rock shirt, plus I had a D-X shirt, because D-X at the time was my favorite group. The LWO was something I liked, I liked Eddie Guerrero's cheating, but I also like Chris Jericho for doing the samething.

It wasn't until the summer before Eddie became champion that I really like Eddie Guerrero. He was playing heel at the time, and they had a westcoast swing, stopping at Fresno, LA, San Fran, and AZ. His little feud with Chris Benoit was classic, he hit him with car parts, and he sprayed his eyes with car wax, it was classic. Eddie was cheered loudly by the majority Latino fans. Each week he tried hard to get hated, and each week he was cheered louder. Then Benoit finally challenged Eddie, no gimmicks, just a match, and Eddied started acting like a typical heel, running away, until he looked around and the crowd was cheering Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, and he accepted, and won in a fair fight. Each week, he'd cheat, and each week he'd get cheered, and he basically became the reason to watch Smackdown. From that summer, until he lose the title to JBL, he was the main ratings gainer, and I was really digging his character. Eddie himself was someone that played up to many sterotypes, and even said "VIVA MI RAZA" which means "long live MY race" He mainly did this on the westcoast, but still. But I say Eddie do more things than Hogan ever did, and I found myself wanting to watch each and every week, never missing a PPV or a Smackdown during his reign. Maybe it was some racial thing going on. But it's always been there. He was once a racial sterotype that was a bad guy so a white guy can beat him, he was a woman beater, a theif, a cheat, a crook, and he eventually became a babyface champion. Rey Rey, I think his good for a short reign, but I would rather have JBL champion than him. It's not racial, Rey Rey deserves to be champion because of the hard work, and the fact his one of the greatest high flyers ever. But not a long reign, and someone like JBL is a betterl proven champion. I think Carlito is smart business. Latinos are a huge market, and they are a large part of Smackdown's viewership. Grooming Carlito is smart, and getting a Latino fan base around him is smarter, he can play heel, be a face in the westcoast like Eddie was for a bit, or in Florida or New York, and be a heel in Nebraska. But Carlito is a second generation wrestler who is one of the best young wrestlers I've seen dispite race. And I think it's wise to play him up as a Latino, because that's what wrestling does. The Rock was in a Black Militant group before becoming big, Hulk Hogan beat up Muslims and French Giants, and Eddie Guerrero was a Latino hot head. Wrestling is a different monster than real life, and in that sense, comparing me to Infinite is very strange. Until I say I hate all non Catholic, then don't put me there.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2006, 11:08:50 AM »
Wrestling is a area of fantasy where we are free to express our inter evil self.

I don't think wrestling gives the fans much freedom...The script-writers CHOOSE who you cheer for and who will get booed...Not saying that some people don't like heels, but the fans part is usually written...

Until I say I hate all non Catholic, then don't put me there.

I never heard Infinite say he hates all things non-Muslim...In fact, I'm JEWISH and he was always pretty cool to me...So yea...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2006, 12:52:16 PM »
Wrestling is a area of fantasy where we are free to express our inter evil self.

I don't think wrestling gives the fans much freedom...The script-writers CHOOSE who you cheer for and who will get booed...Not saying that some people don't like heels, but the fans part is usually written...

I never heard Infinite say he hates all things non-Muslim...In fact, I'm JEWISH and he was always pretty cool to me...So yea...

I don't know, they are trying to get Cena cheered, and that ain't happening.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2006, 02:26:23 PM »

I don't know, they are trying to get Cena cheered, and that ain't happening.

Well, in most cases, the script-writers dictate the fans take on the wrestler, there is no denying that.