Author Topic: The Breakup  (Read 226 times)

51 cent

• 'G'
The Breakup
« on: June 12, 2006, 06:56:05 AM »
Ok, so I went and saw this one - not bad at all.  Def not a total chick flick - Vince Vaughn is great and he's with John Favreau again so it's kind of Swingers-esque.  Anyway, easy way to get brownie points with the lady and not painful to sit through!
"Aight, new drink..."

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Breakup
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 07:59:52 AM »
chick flick but it wasnt too bad. it was watchable.

51 cent

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 08:45:23 AM »
Yeah, we were trying to figure out some others like it, but it's hard - not too many that aren't tragic to sit through! 

One I will NEVER see is The Lakehouse, they've been advertising for it like crazy.  Keanue might be the wost actor of all time, I can't be sure though...  ;D
"Aight, new drink..."

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 02:10:26 PM »
It was decent. It definitely had some funny one-liners:

Gary: Let's not even get into the sexual activities of family members. What about your sister?
Brooke: She's been through a lot.
Gary: ...of dick.

Brooke: I think you're just a little embarrassed that Richard kicked your ass.
Gary: There's a really big gap between getting your ass kicked and having a dancing, singing sprite fool you with trickery and then strike your throat before you know that you're even *in* a fight.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

51 cent

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 06:27:55 AM »
lmao - I loved the "fool you with trickery", the Tone Rangers were classic.  The actor that plays Richard has done all those movies like A Mighty Wind and Best in Show - most of what he does is improv, and I guess Vince Vaughn improved a lot in the Break up too - if you watch the first scene Jennifer Aniston is looking at him like, "what the HELL is this guy doing?"...  ;D
"Aight, new drink..."

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 06:53:18 AM »
The best part is when Aniston's character was complaining to anybody and everybody that her and Gary didn't communicate, and then when Gary was playing video games with her boyfriend, he turns to the guy and says "How do you feel about what just happened there??"