Author Topic: For all you So. Cal niggas hating on The Hyphy Movement!  (Read 1606 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: For all you So. Cal niggas hating on The Hyphy Movement!
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 11:12:05 PM »
i can't knock Bay ..they did show west love...
even though I'm not totally into hyphy...they do seek out identity...and west as the whole state should help each other..plus it's good for sales...

fuck that. the bay is and always has been bitter. even a few bay fans on this forum were sayin dumb shiet like 'e40 is from the bay, not the west, you socal niggas cant take credit for him'

true story. they identify themselves as the bay area, not westcoast. they have their own region. even Turf Talk said on the 40 album "rep the bay, we don't rep california" and hes from so cal out of all places. smh.

Not that Im saying anything that everyone on this board doesnt already know, but your a moron and you prove it with every post. Turf Talk clearly yells "Im Lyyyyyyin" after that line so your opinion holds no weight. BTW Shaq Free Throw shooting in the 1st 2 games of the finals>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kwame Browns best game

that "im lyin" shiet was gay and he only said it to keep niggas from questionin him about sayin that. just like how eminem did "white america" then at the end of the song said "syke...you know i love you america".

wtf does shaq have to do with this subject? post this in the sports section jackass.

lol dont get butthurt cuz ur lakers suck without shaq

Shut the fuck up..you're a Nets Fans, We sweapt you faggots in 2002 :-*

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 11:21:47 PM »
Bring back: Celly Cell, Spice-1, B-legit, Yukmouth(Godzilla) and that old school Too Short and E-40.......Fuck Lil Jon's Influence.
you must of fell off the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down. and whats wrong with workin with other artist/producers?

Too Short and E-40 music is better than ever, yeah the old school shit is classic, but its time to leave the nest lil boy, its not 1993 anymore, u gotta get with the times man, stop livin in the past.

1. E-40 music has been consistent with the last 3 albums, only thing different about "Ghetto Report Card" is that he got with someone who has created a foundation and has been makin successful mainstream music, and upped his quality and made some radio friendly songs, there is nuthin wrong with that.

2. Too Short has put out 16 albums, talkin that same shit, different beat. Hise new album is by far his best also the last album he will put out on Jive Records, he's startin his own with the "Up All Nite Crew".

and whats this bullshit about bring back celly cel b-legit, spice 1? come out of your cave man, Spice 1 put out a new cd not that long ago, celly cel as i understand is in the works fo rputtin another album. you act like there dead or something, or not doin anything,

so why don't u pull your head out of your ass and realize what year it is.

1. I don't believe that E-40 really upped his qaulity of music on the Ghetto Report Card all I heard was a bunch of Hyphy bullshit that is totally different then his last couple of Albums. It's alright on a few tracks but the qaulity wasn't enhanced.

2. If you believe Too Shorts best Album will be his latest album. You need to go back and listen to "Get in Where you fit in", "Life is...too short", "Cocktails", etc. before you start saying  shit like that. It might be dope but saying it will be his best is a bit premature.

3. Don't insult me Respect my opinion as I do yours this is a forum if we where discussing this in person you wouldn't say anything like that GARUNTEED, I know typing on the keyboard gives you the courage to say stupid shit, but let's be adults and use some restraint.

your asking for respect by saying hyphy is bull shit, sayin some sht like that your askin for it, don't be whining around n sht jus cuz someone said something to your bitch ass, what the fuck do you know about the streets boy, i will GUARANTEE (spell check mutha fucka) that i would talk all this shit to your punk ass, jus cuz your 13 u think u got heart, fuckin pussy. your ass would get curbed stomped.

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 11:31:29 PM »
i can't knock Bay ..they did show west love...
even though I'm not totally into hyphy...they do seek out identity...and west as the whole state should help each other..plus it's good for sales...

fuck that. the bay is and always has been bitter. even a few bay fans on this forum were sayin dumb shiet like 'e40 is from the bay, not the west, you socal niggas cant take credit for him'

true story. they identify themselves as the bay area, not westcoast. they have their own region. even Turf Talk said on the 40 album "rep the bay, we don't rep california" and hes from so cal out of all places. smh.

Not that Im saying anything that everyone on this board doesnt already know, but your a moron and you prove it with every post. Turf Talk clearly yells "Im Lyyyyyyin" after that line so your opinion holds no weight. BTW Shaq Free Throw shooting in the 1st 2 games of the finals>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kwame Browns best game

that "im lyin" shiet was gay and he only said it to keep niggas from questionin him about sayin that. just like how eminem did "white america" then at the end of the song said "syke...you know i love you america".

wtf does shaq have to do with this subject? post this in the sports section jackass.

Shut the fuck up..you're a Nets Fans, We sweapt you faggots in 2002 :-*

that was 4 years ago,

westkoastanostra

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 11:43:51 PM »
fuck you all! i support hyphy!

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2006, 12:06:26 AM »

sav-man

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2006, 12:28:37 AM »
i didn't read not one word of what u said nor do i care.

hyphy is wack and an embarrassment to the westcoast. not hating on the bay area. i love the bay but musically i dont fuck with it cuz that shit has been trash the past 2 yrs. fuk hyphy.

old Bay area > New Bay

Sure. I mean, I love the old Bay stuff from the '90s, and even during the so-called "drought" ('97-'04), I continued buying/listening to a lot of Bay music. A lot of Bay cats who started out in the early '90s continued to make dope music into 2000-2004, even if they didn't get mainstream attention. But it seems like around last year or so, the Bay got desperate and figured they had to abandon what made them cool and unique--their combo of slang and mobb/funk-variation on street rap--and jump on the boogie-woogie-joogie-schmoogie bandwagon destroying the mainstream rap scene these days. I can only listen to so many songs about going dumb, getting stupid, ghostridin' the whip, and baking my bread (or is it "shaking my bread?" No, wait: "Baking my dreads?" Oh, forget it...) before I get tired of the lack of lyrical substance and the samey production.

Here's what I'm thinking: "okay, you ghostride the whip, go stupid in the club...is that all you can tell me on this whole CD? What do you do for a living? What's your life like? What pleases/bothers you? What's on your mind?" That's what's missing from this hyphy stuff. I mean, from '92 up to about '04 or so, you could count on the Bay to have rappers who could talk about other things besides partying and shit, but that's getting to be less and less the case. There's a few exceptions like San Quinn and The Mobb Figgas' various solo CDs, all of which I like, but it's getting to the point where Bay-wise, if you're not a disco duck on the hyphy tip, you're going to be de-emphasized in terms of getting mainstream attention.

I'm sure that even in the Bay itself, there's probably a certain majority of folks who don't get hyphy. Should they be left out in the cold just because they won't "take their meds" or however that expression goes? I think not.

PEACE!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 12:36:13 AM by sav-man »

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2006, 09:32:58 AM »
so cal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>North Cal

westkoastanostra

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2006, 10:35:55 AM »
^^^alright fagget u proved ur point twice! now go back to the outbounds section to make threads about redman being on wu-tang....

SGV

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2006, 11:01:33 AM »
I just don't get it dawg, ya'll be on some other shit. I mean, I feel where a lot of the complaints are coming from, about hyphy being a little gimmicky, but that's all mainstream music man. They strip down the bad elements and try to make it look fun and marketable. Hyphy really means uncontrolled anger, violence, and drug use. It's actin a fool and disregarding the law, all that dancin shit was just a sub category of it, it had nothing to do with hip hop at first, it wasn't a hip hop culture, it was a street culture that evolved from Sideshows. You L.A niggas act like Gangsa Rap wasn't a gimmick, all of the gangsta rappers to even come out of L.A were fake as fuck. The realest gangsta rapper outta Cali was 2Pac and he wasn't from So.Cal, the nigga moved there from Oakland after he got rich and never lived in South Central, Compton, or no other "hood" out there.

So you're going to sit here and tell me a dudes like South Central Cartel were fake? Dudes from the Bangin' On Wax albums were fake? LMAO @ Tupac was the realest Gangsta rapper. Pac wasn't even a Gangsta to be a Gangsta rapper. Don't try to use that whole "Pac was from Oakland" bullshit in this case.

Eazy wasn't a banger, Cube wasn't, Dre wasn't, Snoop is a family man, and them DPG ain't real thugs either, Daz used to be a crack head. Niggas in the Bay(J.T) know Daz very well. Ain't that a gimmick? When you rap about shit you don't do just to sell records and set trends? How would L.A feel if the Bay was running the rap game for almost 10 years and never put no L.A niggas on our mainstream albums? Never collabed with us or nothin, only a select few, is that really West Coast love? Niggas down there always screamin that West Coast shit but don't show no body in the West above Bakersfield any love. But we still supported ya'll for the longest.

This is a typical rant from a Bay cat online that I see 80% of the time. It's jealousy. It never really seemed like support to me. I mean, yea, the Bay cats would feature a few L.A. dudes here and there, but it's not like you guys reached out to us and vice versa. Reality of it is, The Bay hates being in L.A.'s shadow and quite frankly, L.A. don't really care one way or another. Down here, you NEVER hear dudes hate on the Bay (only online). Up in The Bay, that's all you dudes DO! When I go up there, the moment I tell ANYONE I'm from L.A. they get on one. Sorry... I never saw that support.

Then there's the ten year drought, which makes niggas in the Bay even more frustrated, we've always been at the tip of success, but never really made it quite as big as L.A has. Too Short is a legend, E-40 is a pioneer, but besides that the Bay had no super stars, our name as a region wasn't even out there. West Coast basically meant L.A.  Now hyphy comes along, coz we are striving so hard for our own identity and place in this rap game, and all you So. Cal niggas can do is diss us. After all the classics E-40 has made, Too Short, The Luniz, Dru Down, RBL Posse, Spice 1, all the slang, all the Game we shared, after all of these classic years all L.A has to say about is is that we're makin the West look back, this is a gimmick, fuck hyphy, and blah, blah. That shit is weak, it ain't no love on the west coast. I understand if you don't like a lot of the music, but you L.A niggas be really tryna diss this whole region and all of our music, nigga we got plenty to offer, I swear to Jesus on that. It's still plenty of Mob shit hear still but we're tryna break out on our own the only way we know how(Mob Music wasn't doin it), since we never got any help from L.A or no one else.

I like a majority of Hyphy Music, though a lot of it is already repeating itself. But, the culture that's being represented in it's own is what I'm not into. I don't like the whole dancing WAY too close to another man thing. That's not something I want my coast repped by. From the outside looking in, it's just corny to folks here (the Net). The people on this shit aren't the most hood cats in the world, but that's the music they've grown to love. They live through that shit. So a bunch of dudes dancing up on each other talking about their glasses is corny to them. They can't live through that. Don't blame this on L.A., blame this on the Net.

You got half of L.A tryna sign to G-Unit(Game, Spider Loc, Lil Eazy, DPG), you got Dre signing all of these east coast niggas (EVE, Busta, G-Unit, Eminem, etc.) but no Bay niggas, no L.A more niggas after Game. Cube does family movies, Snoop is married, and ya'll got the nerve to diss the Bay, atleast we ain't sell outs. E-40 Has Bay features all thru his album. 106 KMEL plays nothing but Bay shit. We rep Mac Dre proudly and never stop reppin, and we get Hyphy no matter how much hate we recieve, yet this independence still doesn't deserve any respect from the bottom half of the west? Well let me quote your biggest artist then: "I don't need yo love" - Game.. If that's how most of you So. Cal niggas think of Hyphy, then that's what you think of the Bay, so fuck ya'll and good look on blowing up again some day. Sell outs! >:(

LMAO @ Half of L.A. LMAO @ Eminem being East Coast. Cube is well into his 30s, probably gonna be 40 in the next couple years. Do you expect him to still do movies like Boyz N The Hood? LOL. Talk about being a sell out. Someone at his age still trying to portray that Super Hard Image in everything he does is a sell out. Cube doing Family Movies is reality now. Dude's a family man. Not a sell out. Ice-T is married... E-40 is married... Plenty of these rap dudes is married. What's the big deal? Getting married makes you a sell out? You're a fuckin' idiot! What does it matter if 40 has Bay features on his albums? He also features South cats. That's great that you have a station that supports your music. You know that on Power 106 I hear more Bay shit than L.A. shit at times. WOW! What a revelation!!!! Seriously, you're a fuckin' weenie and you are what makes the Bay look bad.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2006, 06:41:08 PM »
im from boston so dont shit on me for jumping in, but why cant yall just co-exist? bay does its thang, LA goes about its bizness too. If people from either one are down with each other, feature each other on your music. maybe im missin somethin, but thats how it looks from here...

ThA KiD

• 'G'
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2006, 06:57:12 PM »
Man imma throw my stunnas on, pop the grill in and ghost ride my lexus while bumping hyphy juice by the team and let yall tear each other apart, its sad that we l;ive so close, but are so far from each other.

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2006, 07:34:17 PM »
cant stand the hyphy shit either, wackness

Shut the fuck up..you're a Nets Fans, We sweapt you faggots in 2002

that was 4 years ago,

lakers 14 champioships
nets   0

owned once again  8)

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2006, 07:35:45 PM »
Bring back: Celly Cell, Spice-1, B-legit, Yukmouth(Godzilla) and that old school Too Short and E-40.......Fuck Lil Jon's Influence.
you must of fell off the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down. and whats wrong with workin with other artist/producers?

Too Short and E-40 music is better than ever, yeah the old school shit is classic, but its time to leave the nest lil boy, its not 1993 anymore, u gotta get with the times man, stop livin in the past.

1. E-40 music has been consistent with the last 3 albums, only thing different about "Ghetto Report Card" is that he got with someone who has created a foundation and has been makin successful mainstream music, and upped his quality and made some radio friendly songs, there is nuthin wrong with that.

2. Too Short has put out 16 albums, talkin that same shit, different beat. Hise new album is by far his best also the last album he will put out on Jive Records, he's startin his own with the "Up All Nite Crew".

and whats this bullshit about bring back celly cel b-legit, spice 1? come out of your cave man, Spice 1 put out a new cd not that long ago, celly cel as i understand is in the works fo rputtin another album. you act like there dead or something, or not doin anything,

so why don't u pull your head out of your ass and realize what year it is.

1. I don't believe that E-40 really upped his qaulity of music on the Ghetto Report Card all I heard was a bunch of Hyphy bullshit that is totally different then his last couple of Albums. It's alright on a few tracks but the qaulity wasn't enhanced.

2. If you believe Too Shorts best Album will be his latest album. You need to go back and listen to "Get in Where you fit in", "Life is...too short", "Cocktails", etc. before you start saying  shit like that. It might be dope but saying it will be his best is a bit premature.

3. Don't insult me Respect my opinion as I do yours this is a forum if we where discussing this in person you wouldn't say anything like that GARUNTEED, I know typing on the keyboard gives you the courage to say stupid shit, but let's be adults and use some restraint.

your asking for respect by saying hyphy is bull shit, sayin some sht like that your askin for it, don't be whining around n sht jus cuz someone said something to your bitch ass, what the fuck do you know about the streets boy, i will GUARANTEE (spell check mutha fucka) that i would talk all this shit to your punk ass, jus cuz your 13 u think u got heart, fuckin pussy. your ass would get curbed stomped.

Your a certified Net-Banger....lol......(Spell Check.....LOL)You sound real tough punchin keys; Tell me why are you catching feelings because I said Hyphy is Bullshit?? and your from Seattle??? Oh my bad Sea-Town....?

J Bananas

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2006, 08:58:22 PM »
it seems like a lot of fans who are on the outside looking in (at the westcoast) have been caught off guard when they found out not everyone in California is krumping to the gta san andreas theme. you fucks just need to accept both forms of music as the cali hip hop scene, and if you dont like one, great but dont turn it into a contest and make real cali heads look bad. fuckin raggedy ass internet haters

Sparegeez

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2006, 09:18:52 PM »
To the thread starter....all I gotta say is PLEASE don't generalize an entire region based on a few dudes you see on the internet talkin.

I am from L.A., born n raised here, n still here, and I can tell you that most people around here are feelin the shit....ESPECIALLY the club scene. It's not possible to go to a club, especially a black one, and not have a hyphy section for a good 10-15 minutes. People are playin "Super hyphy" like they were  playin "In da club"!!!! And it's a year old!!! I hear 5-6 people playin it drivin around every Friday and Saturday nite. So don't even start to think that people aren't feelin it.....and don't act like it's not a lotta people in the Bay who hate hyphy, because I go to siccness and it's people on there who don't like it.

That's all I gotta say....
I think most cats from the bay on these forums are fed up wit all the hating in this forum. We don't go around flooding the forum about how hyphy kills everything else and other shit like that. Were not like KAIN who does this shit on the outbound about dipset all the time. This motherfucka doesn't even listen to west coast. Another thing is that I'm sick of all that BS of us being fags and shit. That's one street in Frsico! You come the east bay and start yelling that shit out and i guarantee ur ass won't get out alive.