Author Topic: Jay-Z Shelves Cristal At 40/40 Club, Urges Boycott  (Read 482 times)

Mr. Humonculous

Jay-Z Shelves Cristal At 40/40 Club, Urges Boycott
« on: June 14, 2006, 06:14:34 PM »
Jay-Z Shelves Cristal At 40/40 Club, Urges Boycott
By Fawn Renee

Industry rap giant Jay-Z has joined the ranks of those boycotting high end champagne company Cristal, in response to the negative comments made by Frederic Rouzaud, managing director of Louis Roderer Cristal.

In a special summer edition of The Economist magazine, Rouzaud commented on the Hip-Hop community's patronage of the champagne brand in an article titled "Bubbles and Bling."

Rouzaud stated that he observed the rap community's constant patronage of the pricey drink with "curiosity and serenity."

Rouzaud further stated that other brands like Dom Perignon and Krug "would be delighted to have their business."

Jay-Z has announced that he will no longer support or distribute Cristal champagne at his 40/40 sports bar/restaurant.

"It has come to my attention that the managing director of Cristal, Frederic Rouzaud views the 'Hip-Hop' culture as 'unwelcome attention,'" said Jay-Z. "I view his comments as racist and will no longer support any of his products through any of my various brands including The 40/40 Club nor in my personal life."

Jay-Z, Sean "Diddy" Combs, and several of the Hip-Hop industry's biggest stars have supported Cristal through patronage and homage in rap lyrics.

Jay-Z and his popular 40/40 Club will now be serving only Krug and Dom Perignon to their customers seeking high end champagne products.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=5786

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jay-Z Shelves Cristal At 40/40 Club, Urges Boycott
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 06:43:52 PM »
good

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 07:07:17 PM »
LOL.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 07:09:53 PM »
You know that muthafucka has a case of that shit in his garage.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Matty

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 09:14:38 PM »
lol bet the champagne dude bet he didn't open his mouth. there's a big piece of negative publicity for his brand, not gonna do anything good for sales...

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 12:49:23 AM »
Damn that Cristal dude is one racist muthufucka, what a dick

Word to Everything

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 01:12:05 AM »
Racist ??  ;D

Jay Z looking for attention in the wrong places.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 01:13:45 AM by ? KAIN IS THE TRUTH »

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 01:13:42 AM »
Dunno where they got racist from, he just said he didn't feel their product being related to hiphop culture was good for the brands credibility, at no point did race come into it.

coola

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 01:42:32 AM »
lol bet the champagne dude bet he didn't open his mouth. there's a big piece of negative publicity for his brand, not gonna do anything good for sales...

lol, this is cristal we're talking about here... the only negative publicity he'll get, is towards people that cant afford a bottle of the shit anyway.

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 08:18:02 AM »
The bottle is 400$ You know a lot of people, rich or not, buy these bottle just to impress. Less sells can NEVER be good. If Hip Hop don't support it, a lot of white rich kids are not gonna support it, don't under estimate hip hop, it's not as small as it used to be.

coola

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 09:12:07 AM »
^ the only way Cristal will lose business, is if they start making shit champagne... otherwise, demand will always be there... i did case studies on this kind of shit.

besides, the majority of people buying Cristal, arent into hip-hop, that only makes up a small percentage of the consumers.

anyone tryin to impress that buy cristal, are just stupid.. why buy something you cant afford ? just to impress ? moet chandon is impressive enough, and thats a fraction of the price... or even better still vueve clicquot...

no-one i know that is poor would buy cristal, youre only foolin yourself if you buy a bottle.

ps. $400 is an over-exhaduration  ;) by a long shot.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 09:18:13 AM »
fuck cristal from i recommend  perrier jouet the rose bottle, dom P and good old $35 veuve. MOET way 2 dry fuck the white star
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

coola

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 09:36:12 AM »
and another thing, if you understood the wine industry, and the process it takes to make ultra premium wine, like that is produced from the champagne region... you would know, that the sales will never decrease. the price is so high, because the demand is so high. cristal isnt a wine that can be mass produced, they are limited to production through the process it takes to make the wine...

the man made his point with a specific agenda, he feels hip-hop is tarnishing cristal's reputation, therefore he would be more than happy that jay-z is boycotting it... if you knew what cunts wine connosseurs are, you would understand what i'm saying.

ABN

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 10:14:32 AM »
Cristal won´t lose a whole lot of money but if every major rapper stopped drinking it they´d definently lose a few million every year. y´all aint seen those Puffy parties that hosts 1000 people and every person gets 2 bottles each? and he´s got like 40 of those parties a year, and most rappers buy cases of Cristal when they go out so they´ll lose a little money. but Cristal´s been around for more then 100 years(i think it started in the 1880´s)so they got their loyal customers already.

WestCoasta

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 10:20:10 AM »
Racist ??  ;D

Jay Z looking for attention in the wrong places.