Author Topic: Do They Have BBQ's in Europe?  (Read 407 times)

Suga Foot

Do They Have BBQ's in Europe?
« on: June 18, 2006, 09:04:34 PM »
I was havin this discussion with some people earlier.  Do any of you guys in Europe ever have BBQ's in your back yard, or the beach/park?  I know a lot of cities in Europe are really densly populated so people don't have big yards or anything.  So is that a part of your culture there?

Jome

Re: Do They Have BBQ's in Europe?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 09:28:55 PM »
Yes, it's quite common in the summer time, but probably not as common as in U.S., maybe it's because the weather is worse in many parts of Europe than in U.S..

coola

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 09:56:58 PM »
lol it's pretty naive to think europe wouldnt have bbq's...

shit when i was in europe i went to a heap of BBQ's, more often than i do in Australia. ofcourse they didnt have their 6 burner spit roast turbo charged furnace 4000, but the idea was still there  ;)

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 10:05:40 PM »

shit when i was in europe i went to a heap of BBQ's, more often than i do in Australia. ofcourse they didnt have their 6 burner spit roast turbo charged furnace 4000, but the idea was still there  ;)
LMAO!!!! ya we americans take BBQ to the next level but then im armenian so BBQ for us is american x10

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 11:03:10 PM »
BBQ = Just another excuse for bad cooks to burn my food. :-*

-KIDRENEGADE-

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 11:15:23 PM »
^ got to get rid of that echoli

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

XaNdEr

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 11:16:36 PM »
Yeah i live in the netherlands, they def have BBQ's over here.... 8)

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 11:47:20 PM »

LMAO!!!! ya we americans take BBQ to the next level but then im armenian so BBQ for us is american x10

LOL I know man. My dad won't stop with the lule kebab. It's been like a week already. Shits gettin ridiculous.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 12:04:02 AM »
I'm the motherfuckin BBQ king
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 03:01:50 AM by vetklep2000 »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 02:58:23 AM »
Of course we have BBQ's in Europe! And some cities are indeed densely populated, but that's the case in the U.S. too, right? And just like in the US, the suburbs are situated outside the busy centre of the city, and yup...that's where people BBQ in their backyard. And besides...you don't actually need to live in a suburb to BBQ. A small garden should be sufficient as well.

And the weather in the summer is not that bad actually here in Western Europe. It's been pretty hot over her for the past 3 weeks. Me & my family had a BBQ just yesterday by the way 8)

What I always wanted to know...do people in the US have BBQ's frequently in public parcs? And if yes, do you need to ask permission to do that? I've only seen it happening a couple of times here in Belgium, because of some big festivity that was going on. But I don't think I've ever seen a regular family having a BBQ in a public parc though.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 04:50:13 AM »
I dont get the deal with barbecues...Why on earth would you take ages to warm a tiny bit of meat when you can do it much faster and without the smell?

No and don't mention it being for the sake of doing something together, you can eat a decent meal together too and just take your time to finish it.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

mauzip

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 04:57:01 AM »
This question is nearly as retarded as 'do you have planes in Europe?'

coola

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 05:33:44 AM »
Of course we have BBQ's in Europe! And some cities are indeed densely populated, but that's the case in the U.S. too, right? And just like in the US, the suburbs are situated outside the busy centre of the city, and yup...that's where people BBQ in their backyard. And besides...you don't actually need to live in a suburb to BBQ. A small garden should be sufficient as well.

And the weather in the summer is not that bad actually here in Western Europe. It's been pretty hot over her for the past 3 weeks. Me & my family had a BBQ just yesterday by the way 8)

What I always wanted to know...do people in the US have BBQ's frequently in public parcs? And if yes, do you need to ask permission to do that? I've only seen it happening a couple of times here in Belgium, because of some big festivity that was going on. But I don't think I've ever seen a regular family having a BBQ in a public parc though.

here in australia we have a heap of bbq's in public areas... at beaches, on river banks, in parks, out in the bush... so here in oz we BBQ alot in public... it's the shit ! plus it's the only way to drink in public legally !!

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 05:41:15 AM »

XaNdEr

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 05:50:41 AM »

do they have planes?  ::)