Author Topic: Big L > > > >Biggie Smalls  (Read 407 times)

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Big L > > > >Biggie Smalls
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2006, 09:49:31 PM »
wasnt Big Pictures another one of his albums?

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2006, 03:45:15 AM »
^^^^^^

Havent i already said that moose fucker?

The Maestro

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2006, 02:47:40 PM »
Big Picture was released after his death, and was just uncompleted songs and freestyles. That's not fair to judge him off that. That's like saying Biggie was to judged off Born Again. As for Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous, that was a release, a good one too, but it was an underground release. That's like judging Cube off of his CIA album. Although he was good, he was not the Cube that we knew and loved of AmeriKKKa'z Most. Big L is the biggest what if's in Hip-Hop. He coulda been one of the greatest ever, or he coulda joined his friends like Ma$e and Cam'rom. He had more skillz than them though, and I think he woulda been better than Biggie. The biggest what if in Hip-Hop.

Sweet & Tender Hooligan

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2006, 03:48:58 PM »
Big Picture was released after his death, and was just uncompleted songs and freestyles. That's not fair to judge him off that. That's like saying Biggie was to judged off Born Again. As for Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous, that was a release, a good one too, but it was an underground release. That's like judging Cube off of his CIA album. Although he was good, he was not the Cube that we knew and loved of AmeriKKKa'z Most. Big L is the biggest what if's in Hip-Hop. He coulda been one of the greatest ever, or he coulda joined his friends like Ma$e and Cam'rom. He had more skillz than them though, and I think he woulda been better than Biggie. The biggest what if in Hip-Hop.

agreed

The Maestro

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »
^^^^^^

Havent i already said that moose fucker?

oh, i dint read it, but i read some people say he never released an album...

WestCoasta

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2006, 04:26:41 PM »
agreed

all Big L tracks came with punchlines one after another, dope rapper

actually one of the first rappers I checked out

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2006, 07:31:41 PM »

Agree, I'd like to throw The Realest Mausberg to that list aswell...
Big Berg, defo would have been in the mix of the Westcoast scene. (Possible Don?)

R.I.P. "The Realest" Mausberg ("Ring King")

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2006, 09:41:04 PM »

the big picture was an album big L was about to release, there is only one freestyle on it and it's a damn good one, i think the pac song was also added later, but it's written in the book that big L was currently making this album and alot of people got 2gheter to put their touch on it and honor him, get your shit straight homie.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2006, 10:31:37 PM »
my point was, it was not to be Big L's Ready to Die, his Illmatic, his Paid in Full. It was not set to be his big, mainstream debut. It was some shit he never got to complete, and never got to have the final say. The lyrics are his, but it was not his masterpiece. He was building to that. Like Nas had his features and Biggie had his, and Rakim had his singles out before dropping a classic. Big L had his shit ready, but he never got to put out his shit, his mainstream, classic, statement to the world that says, Fuck you favorite rapper, I'm on top now.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2006, 12:38:34 AM »
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"