Author Topic: Round of 16: Italy vs Australia  (Read 1015 times)

Intriago33

Re: Round of 16: Italy vs Australia
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2006, 02:25:34 PM »
if Nesta doesn't pull through for the 1/4's, I'm pretty confident in Andrea Barzagli.

He should be ready. Cannavaro + Nesta + Buffon. Then try to score, muthafuckaz! 8)

Yeah, u know, shits like sand and cement.

The Watcher

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2006, 02:36:09 PM »
i'm blind, i'm deaf, i wanna be a ref!
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Lo Flya

• 'G'
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2006, 04:14:05 PM »
Australia were bloody unlucky, They had all the play in the second half. The possession time was around 40% to 60% in favour of Australia. Plus Australia could have been awarded a penality for a hand ball about 10 minutes from time.

Jome

« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2006, 07:32:46 PM »
That was a penalty, anybody playing Football on a regular basis will tell you so.
How the fuck can you dribble in the box, and keep possession, when fools comes sliding in (and miss the ball) ??
Neill missed the ball, and when Grosso outmanoeuvred Neill, Grosso had to try to jump over Neill, Neill raised his arm (possibly a reflex, but doesn't really matter), easily a penalty.
The penalty was much clearer than the red card.

Imo, Australia didn't deserve to win, even with 10 vs. 11, they never risked anything, and never really created anything.

coola

« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2006, 02:19:47 AM »
^ we didnt have kewell !!! bresciano is slow as fuck !

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2006, 02:46:41 AM »
He's not saying your team sucks, but that you didn't deserve to win. Italy simply chosed not to press Australia in their zone, because Lippi knew Australia was extremely quick and good in counter-attacks. So you had 60% of possession but most of it in your half, without Italian player pressing y'all. But when it comes to counting the shots, you did nothing really dangerous. Even with a man more than us for 40'. That's why Australia didn't deserve to win, IMO. Not because they "sucks", but because they didnt create enought to score. The plot of both the teams was to tie and to go to penalty. Italy accepted it because they were playing 10 vs 11, and Australia accepted it cause Italy was the better team. It just happened we scored at 93'.

wcsoldier

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2006, 03:01:30 AM »
^^ yep, I don't see why y'all cryin, saying it's unfair and all that, Australia didn't take any risks, ok that was a generous penalty but Italy got the best opportunities in the 1 st half... and that's the way Italy wins most of the time, by letting the other team dominated and by scoring on counter attack.. each team plays with their own weapons, that's all

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2006, 06:55:39 AM »
P.S. 27 straight games with a positive results and running..

coola

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2006, 03:52:33 AM »
^^ yep, I don't see why y'all cryin, saying it's unfair and all that, Australia didn't take any risks, ok that was a generous penalty but Italy got the best opportunities in the 1 st half... and that's the way Italy wins most of the time, by letting the other team dominated and by scoring on counter attack.. each team plays with their own weapons, that's all

i agree with Antonio 100% ... BUT we did not deserve to get beaten like that !!! a fucking penalty in the last 5 seconds !!! we didnt even get a chance to fight back ! thats when the aussies have proven themselves the best, when pinned up against a wall they fight back ! it was such a low blow, but all in all, Italy won, and they deserved to win... but it would have been nice to see oz get one round further, and piss everyone off a lil more  ;D

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2006, 05:07:08 AM »

i agree with Antonio 100% ... BUT we did not deserve to get beaten like that !!! a fucking penalty in the last 5 seconds !!! we didnt even get a chance to fight back ! thats when the aussies have proven themselves the best, when pinned up against a wall they fight back ! it was such a low blow, but all in all, Italy won, and they deserved to win... but it would have been nice to see oz get one round further, and piss everyone off a lil more  ;D

Man i know it's impossible to accept an elimination reached at 93'. My joy was your desperation, i understand it. It happened. You quoted wcsoldier who is french, and i can tell you i lived the same negative emotions at Euro2000, when we was winning the competition till 89' i think, when Wiltord tied the match. We was already celebrating, and he froze us. Then Trezeguet gave France the cup. Italy didn't deserve it, but it happened. This shit happens to big teams too. It's the fucked up/exciting aspect of football.

mauzip

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2006, 05:17:22 AM »
soccer can be just like life :P

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2006, 09:48:31 AM »
Uhh I'm crying cause Im an aussie, what did you expect??? ::)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2006, 09:49:26 AM »
I thought you were Polish ^
NO MORE WAR

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2006, 09:58:11 AM »
^Born in Australia, lived there for like 12 years & then I moved here (Poland) & its been around 7 years.