Author Topic: dre detox material beats?  (Read 663 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
dre detox material beats?
« on: June 25, 2006, 05:01:15 AM »
i see people in here like loving everysingle dre beat like they amazing and shit.........grotd ost.........all those beats he did on that were below dre standards, he got outshone by new cats.....thats truth, those beats sounded like leftover beats.....nighmares is decent at best.......yet people be on it like its the shit.......his beats on big bang were nice, but a step up from 2001??........

imo i have not heard a real detox beat yet and im glad dre left get you some off the album.........i agree with the appreciation thread about get you somea that its nuttin but heat, i like that direction he took......but i can see dre coming with better.......

imo the closest dre has come to detox material is with start from scratch and get you some.......nothing else is worthy.....not even close

and this isnt even about people placing to high expectations on dre........dre did it on the chronic and 2001.......so i see no reason why we shouldnt expect nuttin but heat from this, we always wait a long ass time..........and snoop better get his ass on detox........dre beats wont have the same feel without him on it..........he would have killed it on that get you some beat

peace

mauzip

Re: dre detox material beats?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 05:04:20 AM »
In other words: you expect Detox to be the greatest album ever made.

Ok.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 05:06:09 AM »
Get You Some, Outta Control and Outta Control remix were the only Detox worthy beats imo.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 05:08:55 AM by Detox is not not coming... »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 05:32:50 AM »
Personally i think Legend of The Fall Off's was a detox track. I remember there was a lot of talk about Detox been like a movie, i think that was the beat to the last track where dre would end his rapping career.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 03:48:41 PM »
Personally i think Legend of The Fall Off's was a detox track. I remember there was a lot of talk about Detox been like a movie, i think that was the beat to the last track where dre would end his rapping career.

I agree 100%.  I think Dre had that concept the whole time, so since he decided to go a different direction, he pitched the idea to Busta and he was diggin it.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 03:58:42 PM »
Get You Some, Outta Control and Outta Control remix were the only Detox worthy beats imo.

I like those but I dont know man I think Start From Scratch, How We Do, and Westside Story have been his most Detox worthy tracks that we have heard in a while.

Matty

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 04:16:51 PM »
outta control rmx and talk about me. the rest have been nice and get you some is pretty sick but they were the real bangers to me, how we do and the stuff off obie's album too, but that was a while back. if dre drops an album with beats as good as these with the vocals being sick also i think it'll be all good. i do think though the direction is going to be completely new and hopefully surpass all the stuff we've heard already. should be good.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 04:41:18 PM »

I like those but I dont know man I think Start From Scratch, How We Do, and Westside Story have been his most Detox worthy tracks that we have heard in a while.

Start From Scartch and especially Westside Story were average imo. How We Do was great though.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 04:49:29 PM »
I refuse to have this discussion...again.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

WestCoasta

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 06:20:25 PM »
but if these are all Detox type beats then this isn't anything new... I thought we were supposed to hear unimagined stuff

I like the "Get You Some" beat but it's real simple, only a couple layers, does not sound like he's going in a different direction

but the thing is I don't care if he tries to do something different, I just want some cool shit....

I'm just sayin based on all the talk we've heard about the "different" sound...

c-dogg

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 06:59:35 PM »
i bought bustas album hopin to hear some real hard dre beats, similar to what dre did on genisis, yet none of dres beats stand out on " the big bang". Busta doesnt get hyped enough on any of the tracks.

cpc129

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 08:00:09 PM »
legend of the fall off's (at least the hook) was originally a rakim track.  didn't you guys ever hear that joint?  it leaked a while ago.  the music was totally different (the rakim version had a very jazzy piano riff), but the hook was exactly the same (i don't think he even had the chick from floetry resing it for the version on busta's album).

and i'm gonna throw you guys a bone on this one.  i shouldn't even say anything, but fuck it.  get you some WAS a detox track.  in fact, it was gonna be the first track on detox.  however, dre felt busta's album needed it to be stronger.  i'll admit, i don't know if it was gonna have the same hook, but the beat itself was slated to be the first song on detox. 

also, i know that work on detox has only just begun in the last couple of weeks.  it just keeps getting pushed back because dre ends up giving the tracks that he's done for it to other artists.

WestCoasta

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 08:02:52 PM »
^^^ how do u know?  ???

cpc129

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 08:07:36 PM »
i just know man.  i been coming here for years... the mods can tell you when i registered.  i got no reason to lie about this shit.  obviously, i can't talk about how i know, but if you wanna believe then believe.  if not, don't sweat it.

redemption7

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 11:33:12 PM »
Higher was probably planned for Detox at one point.