Author Topic: Lakers Select Jordan Farmar @ #26!  (Read 620 times)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lakers Select Jordan Farmar @ #26!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2006, 12:27:11 AM »
Lakers Take UCLA's Jordan Farmar
The Lakers selected UCLA guard Jordan Farmar with the No. 26 overall pick in Wednesday's NBA Draft. The 6-foot-2 Farmar averaged 13.5 ppg and led the Pac-10 in assists with 5.1 as a sophomore. The Lakers also acquired guard Maurice Evans from the Pistons for Cheick Samb, their second-round pick. Evans averaged 5 ppg and 2 rpg for Detroit. LA traded a future second-round pick to Dallas for George Washington guard J.R. Pinnock. Pinnock averaged 14.5 ppg and was named Atlantic 10 Sixth Man of the Year.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2006, 12:34:52 AM »
Damn, great day for me. I'm a fan of Italian team BENETTON TREVISO, and Toronto just selected their star Andrea Bargnani with the #1 pick and Lakers acquired former Benetton player Maurice Evans. Plus i'm an UCLA fan, and we got Farmar too. Good day, good day..
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 02:18:26 AM by ANTONIO »

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2006, 12:37:53 AM »
PG) S.Parker/J.Farmar/A.McKie
SG) K.Bryant/S.Vujacic/JR Pinnock
SF) L.Odom/M.Evans/L.Walton
PF) K.Brown/B.Cook/R.Turiaff
C) C.Mihm/A.Bynum

We basically replaced FA George with M.Evans, and we added another PG and another SG in the mix.
It's looking good, so far.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 12:39:24 AM by ANTONIO »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 01:13:00 AM »
Maurice Evans?  :-X
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

wcsoldier

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 01:52:08 AM »
Happy Birthay man, to be honest my college B-Ball knowledge is very average so I can't really comment about the pick. anyway from what y'all say, Farmar sounds promising.. we'll see  8)

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 02:17:55 AM »
Well we traded him for our #51 draft pick, man. I think we did a pretty good job. Like i said, consider Devean George is a FA, so we basically took a replacement for him for free. Now if we compare Evans to George, George is better, imo. But as a bench player I don't mind Evans. He's very phisical, very quick, a great athlete, and in the right system he can add power and let's say 6-8 points from the bench. Not bad, man. Let's not hate on this trade without a reason. Did you want LeBron James to backup Odom? lol.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 08:59:59 AM »
Farmar is half black and half Israeli. He's Jewish...He looks nothing like Luke Walton in person. The dude's a winner, I know this from my days in Taft and I saw him bring the glory days back to UCLA with my own eyes. Never did I think 2 years back that I was playing with a future Laker...I was so excited when the Lakers selected him, and the Maurice Evans acquisation just topped it off...I mean, a 51st pick for a solid bench player with great experience who played for championship caliber teams. How can anyone hate on that? Jordan is very gifted, Laker fans will love this draft in the near future...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 12:55:53 PM »
It's crazy how Farmer was born and raised in L.A., went to University in L.A. and is going to play pro ball in L.A.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2006, 12:56:59 PM »
Damn, Dude is short, im surprice Phil agreed to draft him.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2006, 01:06:47 PM »
Damn, Dude is short, im surprice Phil agreed to draft him.

6'2" ain't that short...Derek Fisher was 6'1". Farmar has a much higher vertical leap...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2006, 01:36:20 PM »
Well we traded him for our #51 draft pick, man. I think we did a pretty good job. Like i said, consider Devean George is a FA, so we basically took a replacement for him for free. Now if we compare Evans to George, George is better, imo. But as a bench player I don't mind Evans. He's very phisical, very quick, a great athlete, and in the right system he can add power and let's say 6-8 points from the bench. Not bad, man. Let's not hate on this trade without a reason. Did you want LeBron James to backup Odom? lol.

lol nah. i just dont think maurice evans is the guy we need. we need a second scoring option. if kobe gets injured or suspended - we're fucked
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2006, 01:45:31 PM »
The Lakers selected UCLA guard Jordan Farmar with the No. 26 overall pick in Wednesday's NBA Draft. The 6-foot-2 Farmar averaged 13.5 ppg and led the Pac-10 in assists with 5.1 as a sophomore. The Lakers also acquired guard Maurice Evans from the Pistons for Cheick Samb, their second-round pick. Evans averaged 5 ppg and 2 rpg for Detroit. LA traded a future second-round pick to Dallas for George Washington guard J.R. Pinnock. Pinnock averaged 14.5 ppg and was named Atlantic 10 Sixth Man of the Year. Check out Draft Central for the latest information

rik

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2006, 01:49:51 PM »
^^^   ;D

Lakers Take UCLA's Jordan Farmar
The Lakers selected UCLA guard Jordan Farmar with the No. 26 overall pick in Wednesday's NBA Draft. The 6-foot-2 Farmar averaged 13.5 ppg and led the Pac-10 in assists with 5.1 as a sophomore. The Lakers also acquired guard Maurice Evans from the Pistons for Cheick Samb, their second-round pick. Evans averaged 5 ppg and 2 rpg for Detroit. LA traded a future second-round pick to Dallas for George Washington guard J.R. Pinnock. Pinnock averaged 14.5 ppg and was named Atlantic 10 Sixth Man of the Year.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2006, 02:09:45 PM »

lol nah. i just dont think maurice evans is the guy we need. we need a second scoring option. if kobe gets injured or suspended - we're fucked

Maurice Evans was a major steal...We're most likely still gunna bring another scorer behind Kobe Bryant (hopefully Kareem Rush). Like Antonio said, Maurice Evans can replace Devean George coming off the bench, and we got him for practically nothing...

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13575

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=534294

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2006, 02:47:47 PM »

First: nobody can replace Kobe. Second: nobody can replace Kobe. Third: we basically traded an unknown guy selected with the #51 pick for Evans, the backup guy of the Pistons, a pretty good role player. It's a great deal from our point of view, and you can't argue about that. The end. Obviously we ain't a perfect team yet. But that's not the end of our summer trades: it's just the beginning. And it's a great start.