Author Topic: Lakers Select Jordan Farmar @ #26!  (Read 623 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Lakers Select Jordan Farmar @ #26!
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2006, 03:50:19 PM »
Well we traded him for our #51 draft pick, man. I think we did a pretty good job. Like i said, consider Devean George is a FA, so we basically took a replacement for him for free. Now if we compare Evans to George, George is better, imo. But as a bench player I don't mind Evans. He's very phisical, very quick, a great athlete, and in the right system he can add power and let's say 6-8 points from the bench. Not bad, man. Let's not hate on this trade without a reason. Did you want LeBron James to backup Odom? lol.

lol nah. i just dont think maurice evans is the guy we need. we need a second scoring option. if kobe gets injured or suspended - we're fucked

First: nobody can replace Kobe. Second: nobody can replace Kobe. Third: we basically traded an unknown guy selected with the #51 pick for Evans, the backup guy of the Pistons, a pretty good role player. It's a great deal from our point of view, and you can't argue about that. The end. Obviously we ain't a perfect team yet. But that's not the end of our summer trades: it's just the beginning. And it's a great start.

i didnt say replace kobe. but im sure kobe would agree that it'd be nice if the lakers didn't blow a 10 point lead everytime he goes to the bench. and maurice evans isn't gonna be out there knockin down shots. he averages like 4 points - whoopty doo!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2006, 03:57:53 PM »
Well we traded him for our #51 draft pick, man. I think we did a pretty good job. Like i said, consider Devean George is a FA, so we basically took a replacement for him for free. Now if we compare Evans to George, George is better, imo. But as a bench player I don't mind Evans. He's very phisical, very quick, a great athlete, and in the right system he can add power and let's say 6-8 points from the bench. Not bad, man. Let's not hate on this trade without a reason. Did you want LeBron James to backup Odom? lol.

lol nah. i just dont think maurice evans is the guy we need. we need a second scoring option. if kobe gets injured or suspended - we're fucked

First: nobody can replace Kobe. Second: nobody can replace Kobe. Third: we basically traded an unknown guy selected with the #51 pick for Evans, the backup guy of the Pistons, a pretty good role player. It's a great deal from our point of view, and you can't argue about that. The end. Obviously we ain't a perfect team yet. But that's not the end of our summer trades: it's just the beginning. And it's a great start.

i didnt say replace kobe. but im sure kobe would agree that it'd be nice if the lakers didn't blow a 10 point lead everytime he goes to the bench. and maurice evans isn't gonna be out there knockin down shots. he averages like 4 points - whoopty doo!

He actually will be knocking down shots...He averaged 5 points in 14 minutes on 45.2% FG and 37.1% 3FG...That's pretty good, stop being pessimistic.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2006, 04:11:13 PM »

LOL man he ain't even Kobe's backup. He'll most probably take the place of Devean George. And we got him for free. What's the point of your hate?
We will hopefully sign other guards like Rush and Cassell to make the shoots you're talking about. And Evans averaged 6 ppg in the Pistons.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2006, 11:32:21 PM »
It's crazy how Farmer was born and raised in L.A., went to University in L.A. and is going to play pro ball in L.A.

Jackson warmed up to shorter guards with Fisher, and when he tried to stay away, he saw his taller guards get burned on the D end. Jackson is using shorter guards now with some speed to keep up with the other fast guards. Not to say Farmer is a speed demon, but his got great defense, and will add a lot to the team. Plus I'm sure he'll hold his own, like Fisher, against faster players, Fisher learned to out think them, and Farmer is aggressive.

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2006, 12:52:37 AM »
 :D

Kobe calls to congratulate Farmar

By JOHN NADEL, AP Sports Writer
June 29, 2006

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) -- When Jordan Farmar's cell phone rang Thursday morning, he wasn't surprised to discover it was another call of congratulations.

But it wasn't just any caller -- it was Kobe Bryant.
"That was the best way to start my career, to get a phone call from the best player in the NBA," Farmar said at a news conference less than 24 hours after the Los Angeles Lakers took him in the first round of the NBA draft with the 26th overall selection.

"It wasn't long at all -- about 5 minutes," Farmar said of his conversation with Bryant. "It was very meaningful to me. He's the best player in the NBA and we're on the same team."

"Man, I'm very excited to be here," he said. "It's been the longest month of my life, traveling around the country to pursue my lifelong dream. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. I'm blessed to be here."

Farmar's family attended the news conference at the Lakers' training facility.

"He called to give me directions, and he told us about his call from Kobe," said Farmar's mother, Mindy Kolani. "We're all just numb -- we're all so excited."

..."We're not done," Kupchak said, making it clear there were more changes in store.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lakers-farmar&prov=ap&type=lgns
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 12:55:45 AM by Inglewood Ave »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2006, 12:53:52 AM »
..."We're not done," Kupchak said, making it clear there were more changes in store.

:rock:  :raisetheroof:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2006, 12:59:41 AM »

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2006, 02:42:46 AM »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2006, 02:53:53 AM »

Kobe calls to congratulate Farmar

By JOHN NADEL, AP Sports Writer
June 29, 2006

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) -- When Jordan Farmar's cell phone rang Thursday morning, he wasn't surprised to discover it was another call of congratulations.

But it wasn't just any caller -- it was Kobe Bryant.
"That was the best way to start my career, to get a phone call from the best player in the NBA," Farmar said at a news conference less than 24 hours after the Los Angeles Lakers took him in the first round of the NBA draft with the 26th overall selection.

"It wasn't long at all -- about 5 minutes," Farmar said of his conversation with Bryant. "It was very meaningful to me. He's the best player in the NBA and we're on the same team."

"Man, I'm very excited to be here," he said. "It's been the longest month of my life, traveling around the country to pursue my lifelong dream. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. I'm blessed to be here."

Farmar's family attended the news conference at the Lakers' training facility.

"He called to give me directions, and he told us about his call from Kobe," said Farmar's mother, Mindy Kolani. "We're all just numb -- we're all so excited."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lakers-farmar&prov=ap&type=lgns

i like what i hear
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2006, 04:42:49 AM »
Go Mitch!