Author Topic: N.O.R.E. Not Concerned With Being Lost In Huge Def  (Read 107 times)

Crenshaw_blvd

N.O.R.E. Not Concerned With Being Lost In Huge Def
« on: January 23, 2002, 07:55:18 AM »
-- Capone-N-Noreaga member and solo artist N.O.R.E. isn't concerned that his forthcoming album, Grimey...God's Favorite, his first for Def Jam Records, may not get the attention it deserves, due to the prominent hip-hop label's roster full of multiplatinum acts--including Jay-Z , Ja Rule , and Ludacris , among others. N.O.R.E., formerly Noreaga, and his partner Capone joined Def Jam in 2000, after a stint on Tommy Boy Records.

N.O.R.E. recently told LAUNCH that his focus is on himself, not his labelmates. "I never worried about the n--ga right next to me. What color tops he got on, if he dipped his s--t in pink s--t. I never give a f--k about that s--t. As long as I sell my units, I really don't mind that it's a big roster that's on the block. As long as I sell mine, and they sell theirs, it's never going to be an issue," he said.

However, N.O.R.E. has benefited from being on a company overflowing with noted talent. The rapper has snagged his Grammy-nominated labelmate Ja Rule to appear on his new single, "Live My Life." Grimey...God's Favorite, is scheduled to be released later this year.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jome

Re: N.O.R.E. Not Concerned With Being Lost In Huge
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2002, 01:06:39 PM »
Damn, Nore's LP is slipping again. He's tight, so I'm looking forward to this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »