Author Topic: Kurupt DID NOT write his shit in the Death Row days  (Read 1073 times)

mauzip

Re: Kurupt DID NOT write his shit in the Death Row days
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 06:09:06 PM »
this dude got it wrong. with any artist, in the beginning they wrote all their shiet then as they get bigger they pay for ghostwriters. which is why in most cases people say 'damn why cant _____ be as good as he was on his first album'

Any rapper that uses ghostwriters is WACK AS FUCK! Rappers like Yukmouth or Method Man would be caught dead before ever using a ghostwriter.

It's not like Yukmouth is a great rapper. Not these days at least, lol

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 06:10:41 PM »
this dude got it wrong. with any artist, in the beginning they wrote all their shiet then as they get bigger they pay for ghostwriters. which is why in most cases people say 'damn why cant _____ be as good as he was on his first album'

Any rapper that uses ghostwriters is WACK AS FUCK! Rappers like Yukmouth or Method Man would be caught dead before ever using a ghostwriter.

Yeah right! Yukmouth is one of the rare rappers that has gotten better with age your trippen.  Yuk is much more on point with his flow, metaphors, and word play then he was back in the day, Yukmouth has gotten better as he has gotten older

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 06:20:17 PM »

Yeah right! Yukmouth is one of the rare rappers that has gotten better with age your trippen.  Yuk is much more on point with his flow, metaphors, and word play then he was back in the day, Yukmouth has gotten better as he has gotten older

hmm ima disagree with you here homie.. true yuk is a deadly mc and one of my all time greats, but i wouldnt say his solo career has grown that much from his early days.. yeh he shows a little more hunger now compared to his luniz days and also proved himself as one of the best battling rappers but that can be put down to the fact that he was one of only a few people holding it down for the bay area from the start.. i think yuk was more cleaver with word play and mataphors in the luniz days because they were using straight up bay slang as means to prove a point also the chemistry and flow between knum and yuk in my opinion was untouchable..

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 06:22:36 PM »

hmm ima disagree with you here homie.. true yuk is a deadly mc and one of my all time greats, but i wouldnt say his solo career has grown that much from his early days.. yeh he shows a little more hunger now compared to his luniz days and also proved himself as one of the best battling rappers but that can be put down to the fact that he was one of only a few people holding it down for the bay area from the start.. i think yuk was more cleaver with word play and mataphors in the luniz days because they were using straight up bay slang as means to prove a point also the chemistry and flow between knum and yuk in my opinion was untouchable..

Thats your opinion homie cause for example I believe Godzilla Yuk > Thugged Out Albulation Yuk   I like his style much better these days

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 06:24:36 PM »

hmm ima disagree with you here homie.. true yuk is a deadly mc and one of my all time greats,

:puke:
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 06:26:03 PM »
^ you seem to be a straight up hater, so dont care for your opinion bro  8)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 06:26:26 PM »

hmm ima disagree with you here homie.. true yuk is a deadly mc and one of my all time greats,

:puke:

U always hate on the bay,  right now Yukmouth > Any rapper in the West

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 06:28:24 PM »
right now,  YUK > Any rapper in west

JMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 06:31:20 PM »

erm yeh to a certain extent.. but you cant deny that yuk is probably the hardest working artist on the west right now

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 06:32:40 PM »

erm yeh to a certain extent.. but you cant deny that yuk is probably the hardest working artist on the west right now

no question no one in the west has as much game or hustle as yuk, that guy knows what he's doing

Diabolical

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 06:44:06 PM »

Eazy E.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2006, 06:49:47 PM »

Eazy E.

and imo Eazy wasnt that good of a rapper

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2006, 08:37:09 PM »
It's not about whether or not he wrote his own rhymes back in 94 and still does in 06.  It's about the amount of time each of these fallen off rappers including Kurupt spends writing and constructing a good song.  Like I said in the "Cali is not active" thread, Kurupt probably thinks he can spend 5 mins or just simply freestyle his verses and say "my cataclysmic orgasmic reaction causes static from the fabric" and we, the target audience, will eat it up like it's the greatest lyrics of all time.  Obviously, we don't actually think that, of course.  But why spend multiple days perfecting a song with 3 verses when you can freestyle some gangster shit off the top and your fans theoretically will like it just the same.

See, back in the Deathrow days, these rappers spent a lot more time constructing and writing songs.  Thus, the lyrics were better.

I actually have my own theory as to why this has happened for all the OG Deathrow inmates (except Rage, and that's an important question to ask in light of everyone else falling off except arguably Nate Dogg; why hasn't Rage fallen off when everyone else has?).  I'll make a separate thread about this over the weekend, because I want to get your reaction to it specifically.  Thanks. :D
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2006, 09:52:44 PM »

I'd love to see Meth & Yuk do a collabo, that would be just great.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2006, 10:30:02 PM »

I'd love to see Meth & Yuk do a collabo, that would be just great.

Yeah that would be sick